sheridan targets

i know he has only been in his new job a day..but this has been brewing for the past month really.only confirmed yesterday..so apparently he now has a budget of 4 million to be invested in players to get them into our league and beyond...

so with such a huge pot of cash for a league 2 club,and knowing how financially insecure our club is currently...anybody thinking along the lines of him coming in for any of our players,maybe one big money offer????

or will he have learnt his lesson and recruit players from elswhere???? :unsure:

I don't imagine we have any 'big money players' who would be prepared to go to Chesterfield.... :unsure:

maybe not....but if a player previously got along with his old manager he is more likely to go to a club,rather than just because he is offerd higher wages.

im thinking along the lines of eardley for instance,got on well with shez by all accounts,was made captain etc etc....shez knows we need cash,he is also aware certain sections of the crowd dont like him etc etc...so if he was to come in with a 700k offer say,would the club accept it.???

maybe not....but if a player previously got along with his old manager he is more likely to go to a club,rather than just because he is offerd higher wages.

im thinking along the lines of eardley for instance,got on well with shez by all accounts,was made captain etc etc....shez knows we need cash,he is also aware certain sections of the crowd dont like him etc etc...so if he was to come in with a 700k offer say,would the club accept it.???

Can't see Eardley even wanting to drop down a league when he knows clubs in above leagues are sniffing.

i know he has only been in his new job a day..but this has been brewing for the past month really.only confirmed yesterday..so apparently he now has a budget of 4 million to be invested in players to get them into our league and beyond...so with such a huge pot of cash for a league 2 club,and knowing how financially insecure our club is currently...anybody thinking along the lines of him coming in for any of our players,maybe one big money offer????

or will he have learnt his lesson and recruit players from elswhere???? :unsure:

I thought the £4mill was also to fund a new ground.

i know he has only been in his new job a day..but this has been brewing for the past month really.only confirmed yesterday..so apparently he now has a budget of 4 million to be invested in players to get them into our league and beyond...

so with such a huge pot of cash for a league 2 club,and knowing how financially insecure our club is currently...anybody thinking along the lines of him coming in for any of our players,maybe one big money offer????

i bet he trys to sign kelvin lomax,i know shez likes him and rates him.

I feel bad for Shez, I don't think he lost his job as much as the players lost it for him.

I'm glad we've started a fresh. I wish him all the best at Chesterfield.

Aye thats how I feel... but he didnt do himself any favours with his moves in the loan market :(.

Good luck to him I think he'll do well down there.

Well that's scuppered that idea Ed.

it wasnt an idea in the first place,it was hypothetical....

all i was trying to say was do we think he may come back for any players,considering he knows them and how they play,and also he knows our financial constraints and try to get them on the cheap...substitute eardley for any player you want...lee,whittacker,lomax,etc etc.

I can't see Eardley dropping down a Division, maybe Liddell, Stam and Maher

Liddell could be a good bet. Speaking of which, were there Oldham fans in the band at Wembley last night? They were definitely playing the Andy Liddell song