Benito Carbone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to god this doesn't go through. The guy has been playing in the 4th tier of Italian football, my god serie B is bad, god knows what the 4th tier is like!! Haven't we learnt our lessons regarding has beens?? Like it how the chron try to big him up, being the top goalscorer in the Midland masters!!!

FTA: "Apparently Carbone has said that Wigan Athletic, Sheffield United, Walsall and Athletic are the four clubs which have expressed an interest."

Isn't that the 4 most unlikliest clubs to be linked with though? All leagues apart in regards of budget, division and playing prospects.

We had our fingers burnt last season with old pros with not enough fire in their bellies. But do we write off any player over the age of 35 straight away?

We had our fingers burnt last season with old pros with not enough fire in their bellies. But do we write off any player over the age of 35 straight away?

I'm not sure about others but as you say given our experiences and Penney saying he wanted "young, hungry players" I am prepared to write him off.

Isn't this the guy who signed with BadFud who signed on extraordinary wages for a long time at the start of their second season when they got relegated? Also aiding the crippling of the club financially? I know it isn't exactly the guy's fault but for me will live long in the memory for that.

Surely shirly, it's got to be boredom on behalf of the Rarely Wrong?

Right, before anyone jumps down my throat; I’m in no way saying we should sign him up cart-blanche BUT……..

Surely I’m not the only one on here who is thinking; Hmmmmm; I just wonder……??

He did have bags of ability, he plays in the really difficult to play against role ‘in the hole’ where defenders & midfielders get confused as to who picks him up, has the ability to play that killer pass & chips in with a fair few goals; often spectacular one to boot.

Now I know that he is getting on for 38; I know I have been talking in the past tense but; what harm can a cheecky offer of a 2 week trial do?

We offer to pay airfairs & accommodation for the 2 weeks; that’s say £700 (a guess I know but wont be far off surely?) & he comes in to show if he can still do it or not.

If he wow’s everyone– then sweet; we offer a short term deal. If he doesn’t; it’s not upset the apple cart; & its not cost us the world.

I say go for it; give him a trial – in the great words of the good Dr Pepper; whats the worst that can happen?????

We offer to pay airfairs & accommodation for the 2 weeks; that’s say £700 (a guess I know but wont be far off surely?) & he comes in to show if he can still do it or not.

If he wow’s everyone– then sweet; we offer a short term deal. If he doesn’t; it’s not upset the apple cart; & its not cost us the world.

I say go for it; give him a trial – in the great words of the good Dr Pepper; whats the worst that can happen?????

All this scares me. As for Dr Pepper, grrr! That should have been the tagline to Windass signing!

I would be happy to have him on a month deal or pay as you play.

He could be the spark we are missing or a bad egg , if thats the case we can get ride straight away , although I suspect he will want a long term deal.

While we are at it whats Di Canio doing ? :huh:

He did have bags of ability, he plays in the really difficult to play against role ‘in the hole’ where defenders & midfielders get confused as to who picks him up, has the ability to play that killer pass & chips in with a fair few goals; often spectacular one to boot.

Now I know that he is getting on for 38; I know I have been talking in the past tense but; what harm can a cheecky offer of a 2 week trial do?

You make him sound just like Windass. A perfect reason to not even consider this ridiculus suggestion printed in the chron

You make him sound just like Windass. A perfect reason to not even consider this ridiculus suggestion printed in the chron

im not saying we should sign him, but why do so many think of windass when linked to an ageing player.

what about everyones "legend" a certain 38 year old winger?

if he does come here (he wont :lol: ) lets give players a chance, dont write them off because of one mistake

I seem to remember two ageing midfielders making a BIG difference including our recently departed manager. Everyone who gets a mention includint the two who have signed are getting this treatment ..... We have had drivel at all posotions over the years. Another Windass is really unfair and a tag that bares no meaning as he was never our player. Trial ..pre season .. why not I cant see how he can do worse than last seasons midfield .. who once found out looked decidedly below average .

i wouldnt mind him here at all! As long as he wont break the bank

i cant see him being on much in the italian 4th division.

i didnt watch him in the masters but apparently he was fantastic

he could be the difference in some games with a bit of magic, but like i said i hope DP doesnt break the bank for him

and no he isnt the new windass