Cheap away days.......

In a none-twatty contribution, when you are looking at the prices for two singles on the train, if one of them isn't looking good then the Megabus option can work a treat. It would be a bit of an ordeal doing both legs by coach but if for example you get the bus down to London and the train back it might save a fair few quid at the cost of maybe 2.5 hours that you will spend vegging out anyway and you can still get lashed up on the way back

In a none-twatty contribution, when you are looking at the prices for two singles on the train, if one of them isn't looking good then the Megabus option can work a treat. It would be a bit of an ordeal doing both legs by coach but if for example you get the bus down to London and the train back it might save a fair few quid at the cost of maybe 2.5 hours that you will spend vegging out anyway and you can still get lashed up on the way back

If do go by Megabus though, check with the driver where the coach is actually going!

Flybe fly from Manchester Airport to Norwich, Southampton & Exeter, they don't fly to these places on saturdays though so would be good if you are making a weekend of it.

Air Southwest fly to Bristol Airport from Manchester as well.

Anyone discovered any decent deals for away game's yet. Guarentee that a few people will have been having a look about.

Trains to Orient, etc?

Prices for Orient singles at £11 each way none of for Brentford yet one £8 ticket if you fancy getting on the 5.30am train.

Get on www.fgw5pounds.co.uk

Free £5 voucher for any train ticket purchase over £6. You can register as many times as you want (and so get as many vouchers as you want), just need different email address each time. You then have to book your tickets through that link, but you can buy any tickets (Virgin, CrossCountry, etc) through that site.

I think you can only book until the end of this month, but at least you can get the discount for the first couple of away days.

Discount is £5 per booking too. So if you're buying two advance single tickets over £6, do it in two separate transactions. I got my Orient train tickets for £6 each way instead of £11 each way.

Cheers.

I think Railcards will be very good value this season!

Also make yourself a member of quidco, it's quite amazing how much over a year you get cashback for the things you were going to book anyway. Not just rail travel.