Glastonbury 2009

Matt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGlastonbury is a joke these days. When I went in '93 when I were a lad it were a proper festival, you were cut off for about 4 days and that were just yer bowel movements!

These days there are cash points, mobile phone recharge points, showers and it is full of middle class art students like this:

Glastonbury-day-two-A-gro-002.jpg

Nowt at all like when I was doing my History, Sociology and Politics A-levels.

i thought the ting tings were great last night-as for lady gagger ..oh dear.."i need these costumes on to keep your attention".

bloc party -just can't get into em-watched about 3 songs and turned it over.

white lies -seem too familiar...heard it all before.

lily allen-terrible.

friendly fire-not sure.

neil young-only saw him play "rockin' in the free world"..was great (prefer the dickies version though!) but jesus,he didn't want to finish did he-about 5 false finishes for 1 song..yawn.

doves-dreary.

fleet foxes -triple yawn.

metronomy -intriguingly odd -made me notice...

little boots- ditto.

pissed off they didn't show ray davies -unless i missed it.

saturday looks decent!

Clare and I were in full old fart mode last night, I still like Doves so enjoyed them, got bored of the specials after the beeb showed them about 8 times. We were flicking between the coverage on BBC2, 7 and both red button channels so our own fault really but apart from Doves, Lily Allen was the only semi-decent thing on and I don't really like her. Fleet Foxes, are they having a laugh? Weirdy Beardy music, are we honestly stuck in the 60s folk era? Friendly Fires? Do we need another Spandau Ballet? White Lies? Christ, when bands start taking their influences from Editors, Snow Patrol and Bloc Party is it any wonder the music industry is worried. Downloading isn't killing music, :censored:e music is killing music. Little Boots? Poor man's Goldfrapp, Ting Tings? Glad they are enjoying their 15 minutes but I wish the countdown clock would go a bit faster.

I know there is more to Glastonbury than just the music but I am glad I didn't pay the best part of £150 or so for a few days in a field with 100,000 others, I would be up on a GBH charge by now and I'm not a violent man. The best bit for me so far was during Lily Allen, there was a shot of the crowd and in between all the twats with stupid flags was a man holding aloft a big portrait of an Alsation dog, that really tickled me it did. So Glastonbury 0 Alsations 1.

Does anyone know if the Eagles of Death Metal (don't be fooled by the name) got any airtime on the beeb? They were on the pyramid stage about 1pm-ish today but i've been flicking around on the interactive thingy and can't find them anywhere. They have some seriously cool songs and are normally pretty electric live, gutted if they didn't get any airtime. Would have blown away half the rubbish that's on instead and that goes for the bigger acts as well (Franz Ferdinand are bloody terrible and Bloc Party like when I saw them at Leeds, very flat). Also, anyone know if Josh Homme is touring with EODM at the moment?

nothing..same with plenty of other acts the beeb have chosen to ignore.

the interactive section is great to catch up but they could have been a bit more adventurous and put some other acts on that.

where were spinal tap!!!???

Whilst round at Rummy's last night we were talking about how limited the BBC's choices were. Band's would go off one of the redbutton channels and come on another - what's the point in that?! And they're supposed to have over 400 staff there!

Yay! Found something I liked, The Temper Trap

A bit Sigur Ros ish but veers worryingly into Joshua Tree U2 ness.

SIGUR ROS!!! Rummy - when that folkish lass was on last night that you wouldn't let me watch and I said she reminded me of someone - it was Sigur Ros. Thanks Beag!