Glastonbury 2009

Matt

Agreed! Off to watch him in Hyde Park today!!!

I'm up to three shows now.

One with the E Street Band, the other two Seeger Sessions Band.

I've never felt so uplifted by live music.

Superb.

Would see him again, but MrsO4u can't stand for longer than a few minutes, so venue is key.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing..same with plenty of other acts the beeb have chosen to ignore.

the interactive section is great to catch up but they could have been a bit more adventurous and put some other acts on that.

where were spinal tap!!!???

Spinal Tap were definately on earlier yesterday- they had a fairly surreal interview with Jo Whiley and Zane Lowe plus some of their live act. I didn't watch the highlights last night but I'll bet you can find them on there (iPlayer is great- I think this is the first time they've had it at Glasto).

I'm undecided on them at Glasto- they're a TV/interview band -great at talking but not that good playing live. Afterall Harry Shearer may be Derek Smalls to you but he'll always be Chief Wiggum to me. I liked them at Live Earth but I think playing one of the big stages at Glasto (albeit at about 4-5pm) was not the greatest of bookings for me.

Edited by rudemedic

Spinal Tap were definately on earlier yesterday- they had a fairly surreal interview with Jo Whiley and Zane Lowe plus some of their live act. I didn't watch the highlights last night but I'll bet you can find them on there (iPlayer is great- I think this is the first time they've had it at Glasto).

I'm undecided on them at Glasto- they're a TV/interview band -great at talking but not that good playing live. Afterall Harry Shearer may be Derek Smalls to you but he'll always be Chief Wiggum to me. I liked them at Live Earth but I think playing one of the big stages at Glasto (albeit at about 4-5pm) was not the greatest of bookings for me.

woooooossssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

There's a massive Latics flag in the crowd for the Prodigy set. Stands out a mile. :)

Missed the Prodigy but it's in the crowd for Glasvegas as well. Oh well, at least they've got good taste in football.

I'm up to three shows now.

One with the E Street Band, the other two Seeger Sessions Band.

I've never felt so uplifted by live music.

Superb.

Would see him again, but MrsO4u can't stand for longer than a few minutes, so venue is key.

Just got back!!! Brilliant.

Excellent support acts from The Gaslight Anthem and The Dave Matthews Band.

Just got back!!! Brilliant.

Excellent support acts from The Gaslight Anthem and The Dave Matthews Band.

Lucky sod.

Just watching the Pyramid performance on Sky+.

Never realised he co-wrote "Because The Night" (Patti Smith).

Got the Gaslight Anthem blokey on stage with him too.

I love the Gaslight anthem. If you haven't got "the 59 sound" album yet, go now!

Some of the nicest, humble blokes you'll meet as well. :wub:

You are right and they played the gig in a way I really like to see!!! Enjoying themselves!!!

Don't know who the first band was but they truly awful and so was James Morrison. His music was ok, but he was wooden and looked like he was working his way through the "Idiot's Guide to playing a rock gig".

Didn't know much about the Dave Matthews Band but came away thinking they were surprisingly good. Very clever music and a band I would watch again.

What did everyone think of Blur?

Heard people say it was one of the best performances at Glastonbury for ages.. I thought they were fairly average, enjoyed Tender though!

I was there last night, and they were simply stunning. Anyone who knows me knows I tend not to be the most complimentary towards Damon Albarn...but hats off. Last night was amazing. Actually, yesteday was amazing. Yeah Yeah Yeahs were ace (my number 1 of the weekend). Dont know what it is about Karen O, but I so would! Madness were great. Well actually, it was more just great to be part of a crowd that was just having it! And Blur were tops.

What a bloody good weekend that was. I am well and truly knackered.

Kasabian were really good apart from one really annoying thing...it just wasn't loud enough. Seen them a few times, they are a proper loud band, but it just wasn't turned up enough.

Thought the same when they supported Oasis.

I've seen them at M.E.N and Leeds Festival- when they only had 1 album out sound was much better... obviously M.E.N isnt out in the open.

I agree about Yeah Yeah Yeahs.. decent band to! ha.

Edited by Butter

Kasabian were really good apart from one really annoying thing...it just wasn't loud enough. Seen them a few times, they are a proper loud band, but it just wasn't turned up enough.

If you like loud then you ought to attend an AC/DC gig. :omg: You will probably lose all enthusiasm for any other gig mind, that's the price I have paid.

:headbang:

Does that prat still dress up in the schoolboy's uniform?

And wear stupid briefs, rip his shirt off and play endless top notch solos on his guitar and after selling well over 200 million albums and 35 years later still filling venues with their music, the school uniform has indeed done a decent shift don't you think.

As for prat 'succesful, rich and still going strong' could be put before it, to give your description a more truthful angle. :wink:

And wear stupid briefs, rip his shirt off and play endless top notch solos on his guitar and after selling well over 200 million albums and 35 years later still filling venues with their music, the school uniform has indeed done a decent shift don't you think.

As for prat 'succesful, rich and still going strong' could be put before it, to give your description a more truthful angle. :wink:

Quite. Back in Black is the second best selling album of all time (after 'Thriller') and, subsequently, the best selling album by any band (as opposed to artist) ever.

Sales of the new album are pretty spectacular too, especially considering nobody buys CD's anymore.

Why on earth do people associate the amounts an artist has sold to be a key indicator on how good a band is? It just points to popularity, not musical prowess. It's also a sign of someone desperate to prove a point.

AC/DC just do nothing for me, apart from dropping "You Shook Me All Night Long" to get a crowd going.

Why on earth do people associate the amounts an artist has sold to be a key indicator on how good a band is? It just points to popularity, not musical prowess. It's also a sign of someone desperate to prove a point.

AC/DC just do nothing for me, apart from dropping "You Shook Me All Night Long" to get a crowd going.

They've written some good, honest rock songs, to be fair.

Incidentally, has anyone heard Celine Dion and Anastasia's version of "You Shook Me All Night Long"? :lol:

Fair enough, but surely popularity and prowess are related in almost any entertainment business?

The fact they sell albums not singles speaks volumes too....who would imagine that one of the very best selling bands of all time have never had a number 1 single?!?

Anyway, somebody else can defend them.....they have many much bigger fans than me.

P.S ALL their songs get the crowd going... :grin:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Incidentally, has anyone heard Celine Dion and Anastasia's version of "You Shook Me All Night Long"? :lol:

You Bored Me All Night Long might have been more appropriate, especially for Sealion... :blink:

Oh, and when it comes to stadium rock, yes I think the number of records you've sold is a pretty damn good indicator as to how good you are. Rock on. :grin: