Latics agree fee for Furman?

lets hops so......young and promising player with stacks of potential. :D

I don't know too much about him but if he is as promising as the reports on here and elsewhere, then I hope the article is correct.

A cautionary note though - Billy Clarke had agreed terms and passed a medical before the bright lights of Blackpool lured him away... :angry:

I don't know too much about him but if he is as promising as the reports on here and elsewhere, then I hope the article is correct.

A cautionary note though - Billy Clarke had agreed terms and passed a medical before the bright lights of Blackpool lured him away... :angry:

exactly we have been dun over so many times its untrue

To be honest, if he wants a guarantee to play every week then that's what will be holding up any deal, no matter where he goes, those sort of conditions cannot be guaranteed and especially if he moves up a division.

Even in the premiership players on £50,000 a week don't expect to play every game.

If you're good enough to play for Oldham and show the required consistency the chances are you will play practically every game.

Guarantees to play every game to be a condition of a contract are simply unrealistic!!!!

To be honest, if he wants a guarantee to play every week then that's what will be holding up any deal, no matter where he goes, those sort of conditions cannot be guaranteed and especially if he moves up a division.

Even in the premiership players on £50,000 a week don't expect to play every game.

If you're good enough to play for Oldham and show the required consistency the chances are you will play practically every game.

Guarantees to play every game to be a condition of a contract are simply unrealistic!!!!

I would hope no player would ever be given this at Latics, if he is confident in his own ability it should not be a problem.

According To the Chronicle Penney’s only hint was the deal involves a player still contracted to a club and it involves a “small transfer fee.” “We are just about there and we are hoping the transfer will be completed today,” explained Penney. So it could be dean furman, or someone else.

According To the Chronicle Penney’s only hint was the deal involves a player still contracted to a club and it involves a “small transfer fee.” “We are just about there and we are hoping the transfer will be completed today,” explained Penney. So it could be dean furman, or someone else.

Dean Furman or somebody else :blink:

Thanks for clearing it up!!!!

From today's Glasgow Evening Times................

Another player set to move on is Dean Furman after Oldham agreed a deal with Rangers to sign him.

There were high hopes at Ibrox that the youngster would eventually force his way into the top team, but the club don't feel he has progressed as much as they hoped.

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 163

Team: Oldham Athletic

Maybe, ,maybe not. Apparently Clarke had a medical at Blackpool the same day our mystery player had one at BP. Obviously possible but it feels that Clarke was already pretty much sewn up by Lashers .

Edit: Blackpool OS quotes Clarke as saying he had his medical there on Friday morning . Less likely to have been the mystery player?

This post has been edited by LaticsPete: Yesterday, 19:18 PM