SMS Furman Signs

That's what's cracking me up. Imagine in a week's time, when it's announced that a consortium headed by Noel Edmonds, the ghost of Fred Dibnah and Sylvester Stallone's mum is bulldozing BP to make room for a venue for the World Shove ha'penny Championship, I can say with my hand on my heart that I won't give the first flying whether Rummy is able to verify that some bloke who I've never met told him what it was a week before.

No chance - Stallone's mum's a well known Shove ha'penny sceptic. Tindall told me last week.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what's cracking me up. Imagine in a week's time, when it's announced that a consortium headed by Noel Edmonds, the ghost of Fred Dibnah and Sylvester Stallone's mum is bulldozing BP to make room for a venue for the World Shove ha'penny Championship, I can say with my hand on my heart that I won't give the first flying :censored: whether Rummy is able to verify that some bloke who I've never met told him what it was a week before.

hey.......my mum can't drive a bulldozer; her licence expiered a few years ago!

So what we've got so far is that the big whatsit is going to tear the club apart but may be regarded as good news at the same time?

The only fact ( :wink: ) I can see in this thread so far is that Sly's mum can't drive anymore!

:lol:

I bet Dean Furman looks at this thread thinking 'wow 10 pages just for me' then gets to page 3 and realises that it's all about some new stadium?

Regarding the Dean Furman signing - Very promising and sounds like the buy of the summer.

As for moving to a new stadium(?) then Ferney Fields (you remember that plan back in the day) are planning to have a prison built there. Now there was a lot of opposition to us moving to that plot of land from the locals, but I'm sure with the option of either a prison/football stadium then I think we may have an bigger chance of getting it. However since nobody is revealing what they know then it's all up in the air at the moment.

Please note I know absolutely nothing about a move to Ferney Fields or a ground move!

Edited by oafckev

i dont know what tindall is trying to achieve by telling he knows something but cant reveal? does he want us to erect a statue at BP of him with a finger on his lip?

and if news is that big i wont be listening to the gloatings of a fella anyway ill be more interested in the news!

back to furman, hes only 21 and on the brink of being a full international with good experience and good reports behind wherever he goes, I cant wait to see him

No, no , no, nooooo......that would be sad.

Would it be that bad though, if it was just on the outskirts with good transport links etc? If we could get cheap land, less planning issues and can build up a better set up which would help our long term future. Many teams with new stadiums have them well out of town. Bolton springs to mind straight away and they seem to do alright. I know Brighton are building theirs in a village out of town.

I know it would be great to have a new development in Oldham, but we all know what the council seems to think of the club, maybe it would be nice to stick the 2 fingers up to them. We have a great hardcore of support and I really dont think it would dwindle that much if we were to move out of town, the diehards would miss it too much.

Its all rumours anyway so maybe a new stadium is not on the cards.

Guest sheridans_world
I'd agree with that but believe we still also need another centre half so that we have the 3. However, do we need them all to be permanent signings or loan signings at a later date as there are still so many players (some surprisingly) out of contract?

Cheers,

Harry

Permanent signings are always best, even if they are on a month to month basis. Makes the player works more and will stop the risk of recall's. The market is very competitive at the moment, so i'd suggest offering players six month contracts. Question is, why are other teams not taking them on!!

So where are we up to:

New 15,000 capacity stadium development on the Kingsway Business Park.

Boundary Park and Spotland sold off for development.

Latics and Rochdale groundshare.

Latics as landlords.

No room for egg chasing, so they have to find a new home.

Stadium name: Over The Boundary Park.

All pure conjecture built on a thread about signing some South African bloke from a Scottish club.

Edited by opinions4u

So where are we up to:

New 15,000 capacity stadium development on the Kingsway Business Park.

Boundary Park and Spotland sold off for development.

Latics and Rochdale groundshare.

Latics as landlords.

No room for egg chasing, so they have to find a new home.

Stadium name: Over The Boundary Park.

All pure conjecture built on a thread about signing some South African bloke from a Scottish club.

I can't see how any of this, apart from a groundshare, would 'tear the club apart.'

Guys im really sorry i made everyting up and i took it too far, i dont know whats happening at oldham,

Sorry

You miss the point mate. You may well know something, but if you can't share it, nobody gives a toss, and you ought to realise that. If Ricky Ponting lives next door to me but never shows me his betting slips until the game is over, he's just Ricky Ponting.

i dont know what tindall is trying to achieve by telling he knows something but cant reveal? does he want us to erect a statue at BP of him with a finger on his lip?

and if news is that big i wont be listening to the gloatings of a fella anyway ill be more interested in the news!

No, a statue erected of him with his finger on the pulse.

You miss the point mate. You may well know something, but if you can't share it, nobody gives a toss, and you ought to realise that. If Ricky Ponting lives next door to me but never shows me his betting slips until the game is over, he's just Ricky Ponting.

Genius comment.

maybe this has been discussed before but, why do we have to pay compensation for him? (when taking into account the Porter deal?)

Good question, and back on topic! Both players were 23 or under. Chris Porter moved from England to Scotland 2 years ago and we got no compensation. Dean Furman moves from Scotland to England this year and we have to pay £50k compensation. Why? The rules can't be different for Scotland and England?

:angry:

Good question, and back on topic! Both players were 23 or under. Chris Porter moved from England to Scotland 2 years ago and we got no compensation. Dean Furman moves from Scotland to England this year and we have to pay £50k compensation. Why? The rules can't be different for Scotland and England?

:angry:

As in the other thread, Porter had passed the age bracket threshold and Furman hasn't. That simple.