Ernie....a year on

afternoon all

how time flies........its the first anniversary of ernie cooksey dying today, his death pronounced on 11.50pm on 2nd july 2008.

i have spoken to his partner louise today and passed on the regards of every oldham athletic fan

looking through the internet this morning, i am amazed at how many tributes and articles have appeared following his death, some really nice happy memories ...some sad ones too.

god bless you ernie xxx

thank you

martin

afternoon all

how time flies........its the first anniversary of ernie cooksey dying today, his death pronounced on 11.50pm on 2nd july 2008.

i have spoken to his partner louise today and passed on the regards of every oldham athletic fan

looking through the internet this morning, i am amazed at how many tributes and articles have appeared following his death, some really nice happy memories ...some sad ones too.

god bless you ernie xxx

thank you

martin

Obviously this is just a minor point, but I thought he died during the early hours of the morning of 3rd July Martin? It says so on the wikipedia page anyhow.

But yeah, never forgotten Ernie. Can't really comprehend how quick it's been since this time last year. RIP gent.

The latter part of last season was yet another example of footballers who's didn't appear to give a toss......... something that nobody could ever accuse Ernie of. If our team would have had even half his spirit and desire last year, we would have been out of this poxy league.

RIP Ernie, you will not be forgotten by the supporters of Oldham Athletic.

The latter part of last season was yet another example of footballers who's didn't appear to give a toss......... something that nobody could ever accuse Ernie of. If our team would have had even half his spirit and desire last year, we would have been out of this poxy league.

RIP Ernie, you will not be forgotten by the supporters of Oldham Athletic.

So many more footballers would have made it in the game if they had the heart and desire of Ernie.

RIP fella you will never be forgotton !

Oh and have a word with the big man about next year :grin:

So many more footballers would have made it in the game if they had the heart and desire of Ernie.

RIP fella you will never be forgotton !

Oh and have a word with the big man about next year :grin:

1 Year on but never forgotten!

Sadly missed big man. RIP Ernie

Obviously this is just a minor point, but I thought he died during the early hours of the morning of 3rd July Martin? It says so on the wikipedia page anyhow.

But yeah, never forgotten Ernie. Can't really comprehend how quick it's been since this time last year. RIP gent.

hi mate, no he died at 11.50pm on 2nd july

we were all obviuosly made aware the next morning and some confusion as arisen about the date, but it was 2nd july

cheers

yeah sadly missed and a true 'fans' footballer!

was suprised that hardly any 'ernie' chants were heard at BP last season??? didn't do too many aways so can't comment on that! well aside from the obvious one at spotland!

little man big heart a pleasure to see you play for latics always give 110 per cent rest in peace ernie

little man big heart a pleasure to see you play for latics always give 110 per cent rest in peace ernie

God bless you Ernie, you were what football should be about, but is in the main, sadly lacking at present. Rest in peace

was suprised that hardly any 'ernie' chants were heard at BP last season??? didn't do too many aways so can't comment on that! well aside from the obvious one at spotland!
the Ernie for England chant occasionally got sung, i think the last time i heard it at BP was the Leeds game,i'd imagine it'll be getting an airing at the masters in a few weeks,

RIP Ernie, God we could have done with him last season.

Would owtb be able to put a little commenorative icon at the far right (not taking anything away from 92 in Blue?

Think it would be appropriate every year. You knwo a Google esque type thing.

My thoughts are with Ernie's family,e specially his partner and child-it cannot be easy