HUGHES Signing - NOT

Pretty gutted we will not get a better striker but if he wants to play in the basement division he has no ambition just in it for the money so you can f off now for me

at his age i think his ambition is to get as much money out of the game as he can - cant blame him for that

SMS ...confirmed by Simon Corney Hughes is NOT signing

gutted!! but if he drops down a division just for money i'll be gobsmacked! that is a serious lack of ambition at 32 - and he wanted to go the championship in january!!

The club can move on at last! Hope we can bring someone in with similar ability, we'll miss his goals however.

right decision not to chase him....rejected offers twice....so thats that..

cant say im dissapointed as i think he caused a lot of problems last season for other players and the management team....bad penny.

hopefully now the manager can bring in someone who is willing to run his socks off for 90 mins and not sulk when the going gets tough.

cant say im dissapointed as i think he caused a lot of problems last season for other players and the management team....bad penny.

hopefully now the manager can bring in someone who is willing to run his socks off for 90 mins and not sulk when the going gets tough.

I think we'd a more threatening team with him in the side, but like you say we're right not to chase him.

Never mind eh, onwards and upwards/downwards/sidewards... just bloody onwards!

I think we'd a more threatening team with him in the side, but like you say we're right not to chase him.

Never mind eh, onwards and upwards/downwards/sidewards... just bloody onwards!

Offered a contract in January when he was in the driving seat - Contract rejected by LH

Offered a contract now when he still hadn't got fixed up, but this time on our terms - Contract rejected by LH.

End of story.

Time to move on.

Cheers,

Harry

well done Dave Penney.

gutted!! but if he drops down a division just for money i'll be gobsmacked! that is a serious lack of ambition at 32 - and he wanted to go the championship in january!!

He has obviously realised that clubs in the championship dont want him (hence no offers)

fair enough he has dropped down a division, but Notts County are one of the up and coming clubs in the lower leagues

i wouldnt be suprised if he is running out at BP next season, for Notts County

Not really that concerned to be honest as he obviously wasn't returning for the right reasons. Either Notts County or another club have come forward offering more..or he used us as a bargaining tool with them.

I'm more concerned that we need another striker that can provide a similar goal return as Abbott is the only one with proven goalscoring ability at our level in the whole squad. A couple of the others will hopefully come good but we need quality. Have all faith in DP but times ticking on for them to get to know the team, style of play etc before start of season.

He has obviously realised that clubs in the championship dont want him (hence no offers)

fair enough he has dropped down a division, but Notts County are one of the up and coming clubs in the lower leagues

i wouldnt be suprised if he is running out at BP next season, for Notts County

Wrong topic.

You want the Ground Move/Share Rumour topic, but for the record I think that Nottingham is too far away for us to ground share with them.

Disappointed, not gutted.

Strikers come and go.

Always have done, always will do.

Not many score 20 goals a season though, and that's what we want. Hughes and Abbot would have been a real handful in this league. Obviously the club were not willing to repeat the offer made to him in January, which I bet he's now cursing the fact that he didn't sign.

This is why it was such a good thing Notts County got involved with a serious bid (i.e. offering more money than us). If Hughes stayed with us after that, even the sceptics would have to see it was because he WANTED to - and hopefully that would have reflected in his performances and we'd see the Hughes who bagged all those goals before Christmas.

Now that the cards are on the table, he WON'T be reluctantly staying simply through lack of options. If he's signed a better deal at County then good on him - he's 32 and had a significant break in earnings so you can hardly blame him for chasing the best contract he can get. (And let's face it, what sort of career is he going to have post football?)