Hyde United -vs- Latics - Post Game Thread

The lad that played left wing 2nd half is bugging me as I know who he is but cant think of his name.

Thought the lad that played 2nd half CB with Haining looked alright, didnt rate the small guy who played CM or the keeper though (although he didnt really have much to do so it was hard to judge.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad that played left wing 2nd half is bugging me as I know who he is but cant think of his name.

Thought the lad that played 2nd half CB with Haining looked alright, didnt rate the small guy who played CM or the keeper though (although he didnt really have much to do so it was hard to judge.

i heard a shout that he played for luton ..agree on the goalie hesitant but dave had a good old look at him played both halves..liked the big defender and steadie eddie will had a good game

i heard a shout that he played for luton ..agree on the goalie hesitant but dave had a good old look at him played both halves..liked the big defender and steadie eddie will had a good game

Without knowing anything about the match... Lewis Emanuel? He was supposed to be on trial with us....

Lewis Emanuel was one. Not sure on the others, bar Haining. To be honest. Wasnt really overly impressed with any of the trialists. In games against this standard they should be stamping there authority.

Furman and Abbott were stand out players. I cant believe how big Abbott is. He's huge. Hold's the ball up well and will become a good target man. Shame his shot came back off the post. Whittaker and Taylor both had good games. Lomax was solid. Joe at left back was solid, but looked shakey when he was switched to right back. Wasnt impressed with Smalley - He needed to be talked through the first half. Cant really comment on Greegs or Reuben as they were never troubled. Gregan as no nonsense as ever. Lewis Allesandra, bottled out for his goal but did well to turn and slot home. He's not going to be our strike partner for Abbott I dont think - he needs a spell out on loan.

Only stand out player of the 2nd half was Kieran Lee. By far the best passer of a football at this club. Hopefully he can get the match fitness he couldnt last season. O'Grady did nothing when outside their box, but inside he was very impressive. Hit the bar twice and forced a good save. Wolfy, sorry but your not upto standard. Worthington didnt have the best of halves.

Of the new players for me Jacobson was the stand out player, never wasted a ball, he looks an excellent signing by the manager.

Furman also impressed me with his industy, but I thought Abbott, although showing some clever touches looked short of fitness.

Worthington certainly added some bite in the 2nd half.

A mention about O'Grady, I thought he did well and really put himself in line as a first choice strike partner alongside Abbott.

Edited by BP1960

Lewis Emanuel was one. Not sure on the others, bar Haining. To be honest. Wasnt really overly impressed with any of the trialists. In games against this standard they should be stamping there authority.

Furman and Abbott were stand out players. I cant believe how big Abbott is. He's huge. Hold's the ball up well and will become a good target man. Shame his shot came back off the post. Whittaker and Taylor both had good games. Lomax was solid. Joe at left back was solid, but looked shakey when he was switched to right back. Wasnt impressed with Smalley - He needed to be talked through the first half. Cant really comment on Greegs or Reuben as they were never troubled. Gregan as no nonsense as ever. Lewis Allesandra, bottled out for his goal but did well to turn and slot home. He's not going to be our strike partner for Abbott I dont think - he needs a spell out on loan.

Only stand out player of the 2nd half was Kieran Lee. By far the best passer of a football at this club. Hopefully he can get the match fitness he couldnt last season. O'Grady did nothing when outside their box, but inside he was very impressive. Hit the bar twice and forced a good save. Wolfy, sorry but your not upto standard. Worthington didnt have the best of halves.

Excellent write up mate, cheers.

pericard didn't play, no way we could afford him anyway.

Have to say I thought Wolfy had more pace than he showed tonight...lack of match practice hopefully.

Does anybody know why Demar Phillips never signed...I always rated him???

Of the new players for me Jacobson was the stand out player, never wasted a ball, he looks an excellent signing by the manager.

Furman also impressed me with his industy, but I thought Abbott, although showing some clever touches looked short of fitness.

Worthington certainly added some bite in the 2nd half.

A mention about O'Grady, I thought he did well and really put himself in line as a first choice strike partner alongside Abbott.

Agree with most of that (still not 100% on COG)

Heres the laydown

Babajide Ogunbiyi was the centre half at the back- worth another look

the trialist up front 2nd half was gash looked like he was on work experience

lewis emmanuel- we wouldnt want him we dont need him didnt do much

haining looked decent ish wouldnt mind him back to be fair

trailist keeper- didnt have much to do but with a haircut like that not worth a 2nd look

our players

abbott- good touch looks a lazy player though- we deffo need another striker who is quick

furman- looks very capable

JACOBSON- LOOKED CLASS HE WAS THE ONE I WAS UNCERTAIN WITH BUT LOOKS VERY COMPOSED ON THE BALL

gregan- if hes lost half a stone i support cheltenham town

eards looked class

WOLFY PLEASE FINALLY GET RID GARBAGE

and finally a big shout to CHRIS O GRADY who always gives more than any other player always looks interested never gives up even in a meaningless game- give this lad a chance to shine and he will trust me

I thought O'Grady held it up well, and was unlucky not to score.

I agree with Jacobson, first half he seemed to link well with Tayls, and used the ball well.

As for Furman, that lads a cracker, i think we have a real gem in him!

Heres the laydown

Babajide Ogunbiyi was the centre half at the back- worth another look

the trialist up front 2nd half was gash looked like he was on work experience

lewis emmanuel- we wouldnt want him we dont need him didnt do much

haining looked decent ish wouldnt mind him back to be fair

trailist keeper- didnt have much to do but with a haircut like that not worth a 2nd look

our players

abbott- good touch looks a lazy player though- we deffo need another striker who is quick

furman- looks very capable

JACOBSON- LOOKED CLASS HE WAS THE ONE I WAS UNCERTAIN WITH BUT LOOKS VERY COMPOSED ON THE BALL

gregan- if hes lost half a stone i support cheltenham town

eards looked class

WOLFY PLEASE FINALLY GET RID GARBAGE

and finally a big shout to CHRIS O GRADY who always gives more than any other player always looks interested never gives up even in a meaningless game- give this lad a chance to shine and he will trust me

:lol:

Agree with Dean about Jacobson, early days and only v Hyde, but he showed everything required of a very good left back.

Looks like we should have some good balance down the left flank jacobson looks very capable

My worries are up front i dont think we have goals in us there we desparately need a prolific frontman i see abbott being someone a decent striker can play off as he has a decent touch but is slow as