Hyde United -vs- Latics - Post Game Thread

:shock:

I need a lie down.

Yes, that one threw me a touch as well. Haining who was criticised by some (not including me) for his passing as a centreback in the 3rd division, as opposed to a former box to box midfielder teetering on Premiership class. When Gregan hoofs, it's because he doesn't rate the percentages of making a monkey of the pursuing forward with his superior skill and there isn't a better short passing option available.

Edited by leeslover

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In thought Haining was by far our best defender tonight. I can see why his similar style of play to Gregan could put some people off playing them together but Haining has a greater range of passes than Gregan and is alot more mobile. The whole team seemed confident when he was on the ball and alot of build up play from the back went through him.

I disagree about Haining being a better passer.......Gregans range of passing was and always will be better than Hainings.

Very impressed with Joe Jac, Furman, Rowney, Lee & COG

Excited about Abbott & Black

OK with Eardley, Taylor, Worthy, Emanuel, Lomax, Greegs, Rubes, Whittaker, Haining

Disapointed with Lewis, Wolfy

Upset with Smalley - capable of miles better than that

trialist CB definitely worth another look

anyway it was all about getting a run out tonight.......hmmmm

When Gregan hoofs, it's because he doesn't rate the percentages of making a monkey of the pursuing forward with his superior skill and there isn't a better short passing option available.

That's exactly how I see it too. I'd prefer Greegs to be more generous with his percentages however, and exaggerating the strut a little wouldn't go amiss.

That's exactly how I see it too. I'd prefer Greegs to be more generous with his percentages however, and exaggerating the strut a little wouldn't go amiss.

You wouldn't mind him changing his shorts on the pitch two or three times a game either, would you?

We tried to keep the ball on the ground, passing around them. We looked where we should be in both halves a few divisions above. I don't understand Dean's comments re Abbott. He played some very neat football and was constantly wanting the ball, several times out wide. There wasn't any bad performances to speak of as it was the first pre-season game, but I do think Worthy will have a particular role to play. 'Go out there son and kick them....'

How did the team play as a whole? Style, effort, passing etc? Any major changes from last season?

Didn't cover himself with glory for the second goal, couldnt do a great deal for the first. Hard to judge off 45 mins of football.

I dont think Smalley played as bad as people are making out, made some good runs and played in a few nice crosses.

How did the team play as a whole? Style, effort, passing etc? Any major changes from last season?

IMO we looked a lot better than this time last year (and a lot fitter)

I think our midfield will be a lot stronger this year than last.

Didn't cover himself with glory for the second goal, couldnt do a great deal for the first. Hard to judge off 45 mins of football.

I dont think Smalley played as bad as people are making out, made some good runs and played in a few nice crosses.

As we know what Rubes and Gregan can do. I'd give the two two triallist centre-halfs at least an hour at Bury, I'm sure Bishop, Morrell et al will provide more of a test to Will and Hightower.

Abbott's quality you can see that. Furman wanted the ball all over the field - a touch of the KIlkenny;s about him BUT he didn't give it away once!

Jacobson looks an out and out left-back which is great to see and took a belting corner!

O'Grady was lively and was unlikely not to have scored twice

Lewi still won't shoot first-time, he bottled it a tad with the goal but turned it into a good finish

Worthy didn't really stand out for me but it must be hard for a midfield enforcer in half-tempo friendlies

Kieran looked to be blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes but so was Pav, so i'm sure the stamina will come

Waste of time having a triallist keeper, so all to do.

all in all we kept the ball well, no square pegs in round holes and i'd expest a simialr stall to be set out at The Shay before stepping up at bit at Bury and Macc.

Like the new training gear and shower jackets....niiiiccce!

As we know what Rubes and Gregan can do. I'd give the two two triallist centre-halfs at least an hour at Bury, I'm sure Bishop, Morrell et al will provide more of a test to Will and Hightower.

Abbott's quality you can see that. Furman wanted the ball all over the field - a touch of the KIlkenny;s about him BUT he didn't give it away once!

Jacobson looks an out and out left-back which is great to see and took a belting corner!

O'Grady was lively and was unlikely not to have scored twice

Lewi still won't shoot first-time, he bottled it a tad with the goal but turned it into a good finish

Worthy didn't really stand out for me but it must be hard for a midfield enforcer in half-tempo friendlies

Kieran looked to be blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes but so was Pav, so i'm sure the stamina will come

Waste of time having a triallist keeper, so all to do.

all in all we kept the ball well, no square pegs in round holes and i'd expest a simialr stall to be set out at The Shay before stepping up at bit at Bury and Macc.

Like the new training gear and shower jackets....niiiiccce!

Heres the laydown

Babajide Ogunbiyi was the centre half at the back- worth another look

the trialist up front 2nd half was gash looked like he was on work experience

lewis emmanuel- we wouldnt want him we dont need him didnt do much

haining looked decent ish wouldnt mind him back to be fair

trailist keeper- didnt have much to do but with a haircut like that not worth a 2nd look

our players

abbott- good touch looks a lazy player though- we deffo need another striker who is quick

furman- looks very capable

JACOBSON- LOOKED CLASS HE WAS THE ONE I WAS UNCERTAIN WITH BUT LOOKS VERY COMPOSED ON THE BALL

gregan- if hes lost half a stone i support cheltenham town

eards looked class

WOLFY PLEASE FINALLY GET RID GARBAGE

and finally a big shout to CHRIS O GRADY who always gives more than any other player always looks interested never gives up even in a meaningless game- give this lad a chance to shine and he will trust me

Agree with all that but Abbott how can you say he was lazy he did as much running as the rest!

Lomax was solid. He was up against Hyde's better left winger who had to go off midway through the 1st half due to a late challenge from Smalley. To be honest. I'm not much of a Lomax fan and prefer Eardley over him, but Kelvin didnt put a foot wrong tonight. Infact it was him who was pretty much talking Smalley through the entire 1st half.

Also. Good to see Eyresy in the stand. Taylor came and sat with him for most of the 2nd half.

Eyrsey = Taylor's agent, (or agent like advisor) let's hope they weren't talking about a move to a different club