New Board Member

Thins is rudemedic, you re looking at this comparing this to the English market and thinking they are as big as say Carphone Warehouse, but is still an authorised dealer. More a dialaphone type.

In the US they are not allowed O2, Vodafone shops.

(MY apologies if you knew this, I am just going off what you posted)

Thare are plenty of rich people in the Sunday Times Rich List no on there. I presonally know someone worth £6 million and he appears nowhere near the Sunday Times rich list.

A few on here might assume they are loaded, but most of think think they are well off, but not neccesarily billionaires.

Their website is cncg and it shows they have a large network.

EDIT becasue really I was comparing them to more a Carphone Warehouse but smaller., more a

I get roughly what they do (bearing in mind the blokes who own car phone warehouse are worth in excess of £100 million (they are on said rich list)). I just don't necessarily see just how successful they are, I've been to the States after they took over (so whilst I wasn't specifically looking for them I was paying attention) I didn't see anything relating to their company. I'm not saying they aren't worth a pretty penny (each one is worth more than what I'll make in two lifetimes probably) I'm just saying they ain't as rich as some people make out. Oh and Btw your mate who is worth £6million wouldn't be on the rich list- unless he is under 30- he ain't got the sort of money you need (not that he hasn't done well for himself).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get roughly what they do (bearing in mind the blokes who own car phone warehouse are worth in excess of £100 million (they are on said rich list)). I just don't necessarily see just how successful they are, I've been to the States after they took over (so whilst I wasn't specifically looking for them I was paying attention) I didn't see anything relating to their company. I'm not saying they aren't worth a pretty penny (each one is worth more than what I'll make in two lifetimes probably) I'm just saying they ain't as rich as some people make out. Oh and Btw your mate who is worth £6million wouldn't be on the rich list- unless he is under 30- he ain't got the sort of money you need (not that he hasn't done well for himself).

Simple thing is, Chris Moore had shed loads. He lost it. First thing that went was his play thing. This could happen with TTA.

I love them for saving the club, but they came in for the potential money and they ain't going to stick around to lose shed loads of money.

How much money (to an extent) is irrelevent. They may not want to piss us off (I can think of few fewer people I'd rather piss off than football fans), but to leave us at a decent level in the hands of someone else may well be in their interests (now that the land is transfered into their own company). Fair enough, but personally, I'm not thinking they will be here in the long run.

I think because tey are the reseller, you won't see lots of their stores, they sell to the guys that set their businesses up who would have their own branded stores ie Joe Blogss telecom, it's jut not the same as here.

I think we agree that some on here see them as loaded, and both agree they are not mega rich just becasuse they have money in the US. And fair to assume that they have less than when they started here.

And the £6m, he is anything but my mate! I've just worked for him, hes's in his late 40's but was in his late 30' when made the money.

My point there, was that the Times Rich List is not the sople arbiter.

BUt then again, I am guessig your post was not really aimed at me, becasue I don';t assume that we are dealing with someone not in the ARab sheikh league of money!

OS, I think SB is now on record as saying they won;t be around even in the next 10 years. Just that they are not going shaft us like more did if they can help it. We'd still be better off than when they came though

They also got over 500,000 sq ft of real estate, plus some residential/retail stuff.

And regarding what they are getting out of Latics - how many businessmen drive a Fiat Panda 1.2? Don't most drive expensive, costly, fuel consuming cars? They all seem to be happy to lose money on these cars, in return for the pleasure of driving/travelling in them. They might like to see that they don't lose too much, but are happy to take a loss.

I think a lot of club owners have the same attitude - lose a bit in return for the "joy" of the "ride".

They also got over 500,000 sq ft of real estate, plus some residential/retail stuff.

And regarding what they are getting out of Latics - how many businessmen drive a Fiat Panda 1.2? Don't most drive expensive, costly, fuel consuming cars? They all seem to be happy to lose money on these cars, in return for the pleasure of driving/travelling in them. They might like to see that they don't lose too much, but are happy to take a loss.

I think a lot of club owners have the same attitude - lose a bit in return for the "joy" of the "ride".

I like the analogy!

Though being honest, in the whole owning of football clubs, owning Latics must come nearer the Nissan micra than Ferrari

http://www.cncgrealestate.com/index.html CNCG Real Estate is part of a network of companies with a turnover of more than $150 million a year

http://www.cncgrealestate.com/team.html

Simon Blitz, Chairman,/Founder

CNCG co-founder Simon Blitz has been in the real estate industry since 1982. Simon is a great analyst in structured financing and putting together accurate property performance proformas. Simon oversees our overall management operations, ensuring that each property meets its performance goals. He is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company's activities, including strategic planning, investments, investment management, and integrating and coordinating functions across the enterprise

rudemedic, this is just making me more and more puzzled.

From what I've read so far, you seem to be saying that just because they're not on the Sunday Times Rich List and just because their company isn't one of the absolute giants of their industry that something underhand is going on.

First of all, I'm not sure how much you seem to think other people think they're worth. If I remember rightly (don't think I saw the last Rich List), any individual would need upwards of £75M to get onto the list at all.

Are you seriously suggesting we've somehow been "had" because Blitz's personal wealth isn't high enough to get him onto the rich list?

Are you suggesting Simon should tell us all exactly how much he and Danny are worth, so we can maybe judge their commitment (and inevitably complain bitterly if they don't appear to be sinking every last penny they have into the club) ?

Because their personal and corporate wealth is in the US, we do not know and would find it very difficult to find out what they are worth (especially seeing as CNCG is an unlisted company).

Is it not enough to consider what they're continually willing to sink into the club just to meet its running costs (circa £500k to £1M a season) and how much they've spent on the club so far (at an extremely conservative estimate I'd say £12M overall). Now even if than isn't cold hard cash that was sitting in their bank accounts, they would need to have significant means to secure that level of credit.

I find it utterly gobsmacking that some cynics still seem to think TTA are in this purely as some kind of property deal. Maybe one of you could explain how spending £12M over a five year period with no return and no tangible development possibly equates to a pure business proposition?

They are in this as football fans, and because they have a vision of using their corporate background to create a viable, sustainable, self-funding football club. If you can't see that, then you just have no idea how people like TTA tick.

Edited by garcon

Simple thing is, Chris Moore had shed loads.

Maybe we should try to define "shed loads".

If I remember rightly, Chris Moore just about edged into the Rich List around the time he bought the club, with an estimated worth of £45M. I think he was still in there a year later on a similar figure, then things went boobs skyward for Torex and he lost a big chunk of it.

Thing is, even 6 or 7 years ago (and especially now), I wouldn't define a total wealth of £45M as being "shed loads" for someone getting involved in financing a football club. You don't have to look too far around the football league to realise that.

rudemedic, this is just making me more and more puzzled.

From what I've read so far, you seem to be saying that just because they're not on the Sunday Times Rich List and just because their company isn't one of the absolute giants of their industry that something underhand is going on.

First of all, I'm not sure how much you seem to think other people think they're worth. If I remember rightly (don't think I saw the last Rich List), any individual would need upwards of £75M to get onto the list at all.

Are you seriously suggesting we've somehow been "had" because Blitz's personal wealth isn't high enough to get him onto the rich list?

Are you suggesting Simon should tell us all exactly how much he and Danny are worth, so we can maybe judge their commitment (and inevitably complain bitterly if they don't appear to be sinking every last penny they have into the club) ?

Because their personal and corporate wealth is in the US, we do not know and would find it very difficult to find out what they are worth (especially seeing as CNCG is an unlisted company).

Is it not enough to consider what they're continually willing to sink into the club just to meet its running costs (circa £500k to £1M a season) and how much they've spent on the club so far (at an extremely conservative estimate I'd say £12M overall). Now even if than isn't cold hard cash that was sitting in their bank accounts, they would need to have significant means to secure that level of credit.

I find it utterly gobsmacking that some cynics still seem to think TTA are in this purely as some kind of property deal. Maybe one of you could explain how spending £12M over a five year period with no return and no tangible development possibly equates to a pure business proposition?

They are in this as football fans, and because they have a vision of using their corporate background to create a viable, sustainable, self-funding football club. If you can't see that, then you just have no idea how people like TTA tick.

I don't think something underhand is going on I just think all these people who think TTA are the saviours of the professional football team in Oldham might be in for a rude awakening. They have some money and they obviously make a decent amount over a year (enough to cover our debts at any rate). How much do you think the property deal might be worth to them as I'm not too sure of the size but considering the plot of land where I live in Durham was redeveloped as I bought my place and the redevelopers paid £27million for it and its the same sort of size as the deal at BP I'd imagine that they would see profit from their £12 million (and growing) investment. (Or the bank they have loaned the money from will- if you think they are doing it on credit- which i doubt).

I thank them for putting the money in (otherwise we would have probably gone out of business), but just because they did that doesn't mean they won't turn round and shaft us like Chris Moore (who if I remember was a saviour because he bought out that horrible JW lees who weren't investing money into the club). As OS has said Moore probably had more money than TTA and when things went really really tits up for him he had no choice but to bail out. I know I'm coming across as this so and so who thinks we should have some meag-rich owners but I'm not, TTA were rich enough owners for me (as was Chris Moore). But I'm beginning to wonder especially since they are now branching out into real estate development whether or not they can really afford to run Oldham or whether they can only afford to run Oldham as long as they still own all the land around the ground and once that's sold they won't just sell up and leave, leaving us in the lurch again. (I wouldn't like them to sink every penny they have into the club, btw, I would just like them to have enough pennies that they can sink enough to keep us in either the professional league) The fact that they've got some bloke they know through exchanging currency (and as far as I'm aware that isn't the most moral of professions- especially the currency he trades in) in onto the board does not sway me otherwise.

We shall see but I would really really like to be proved wrong in a couple of years but I'm not sure I will be.

I don't think something underhand is going on I just think all these people who think TTA are the saviours of the professional football team in Oldham might be in for a rude awakening. They have some money and they obviously make a decent amount over a year (enough to cover our debts at any rate). How much do you think the property deal might be worth to them as I'm not too sure of the size but considering the plot of land where I live in Durham was redeveloped as I bought my place and the redevelopers paid £27million for it and its the same sort of size as the deal at BP I'd imagine that they would see profit from their £12 million (and growing) investment. (Or the bank they have loaned the money from will- if you think they are doing it on credit- which i doubt).

I thank them for putting the money in (otherwise we would have probably gone out of business), but just because they did that doesn't mean they won't turn round and shaft us like Chris Moore (who if I remember was a saviour because he bought out that horrible JW lees who weren't investing money into the club). As OS has said Moore probably had more money than TTA and when things went really really tits up for him he had no choice but to bail out. I know I'm coming across as this so and so who thinks we should have some meag-rich owners but I'm not, TTA were rich enough owners for me (as was Chris Moore). But I'm beginning to wonder especially since they are now branching out into real estate development whether or not they can really afford to run Oldham or whether they can only afford to run Oldham as long as they still own all the land around the ground and once that's sold they won't just sell up and leave, leaving us in the lurch again. (I wouldn't like them to sink every penny they have into the club, btw, I would just like them to have enough pennies that they can sink enough to keep us in either the professional league) The fact that they've got some bloke they know through exchanging currency (and as far as I'm aware that isn't the most moral of professions- especially the currency he trades in) in onto the board does not sway me otherwise.

We shall see but I would really really like to be proved wrong in a couple of years but I'm not sure I will be.

Very strange things seem to be going on at the club these days, and it's far from clear as to where we're heading.

it's far from clear as to where we're heading.

:shock:

rudemedic - thanks for the reply. Nice to have a proper in depth discussion and exchange of views without shouting at each other. :grin:

I do see your point. The harsh truth is we won't know 'til it's too late. My own feeling is that TTA are absolutely genuine in their intentions for the club, but the persistent doubt is that things develop beyond their control - CNCG takes a battering in the downturn, the property market in the UK continues its slump, and they simply find they can no longer afford to maintain the club as it is or generate the finance for a new ground/redevelopment... at which point all we can hope for is that they are able to be true to their word that they'll only sell to a new owner who can take the club forward.

Corp's as unsure as the rest of us when it comes to choosing between Failsworth and Ferney Field :grin:

But he is indicating that we are going SOMEWHERE, rather than standing still while our neighbours overtake us. Even if we are going backwards then it's still movement...

rudemedic - thanks for the reply. Nice to have a proper in depth discussion and exchange of views without shouting at each other. :grin:

I do see your point. The harsh truth is we won't know 'til it's too late. My own feeling is that TTA are absolutely genuine in their intentions for the club, but the persistent doubt is that things develop beyond their control - CNCG takes a battering in the downturn, the property market in the UK continues its slump, and they simply find they can no longer afford to maintain the club as it is or generate the finance for a new ground/redevelopment... at which point all we can hope for is that they are able to be true to their word that they'll only sell to a new owner who can take the club forward.

No problem, I would agree that TTA seem to be genuine and that even if they did have to sell up would try and sell us to someone with credibilty (possibly the bloke from JD) but I'm just a bit concerned that due to them not having mega-millions they might be forced to sell with the job still not yet complete and thus leaving us in a bit of a bad position since some of our best asset (our location) will have been used up. This new board member has not eased my fears (unlike some people on here) that the situation is any less likely to happen.

I do see your point. The harsh truth is we won't know 'til it's too late. My own feeling is that TTA are absolutely genuine in their intentions for the club, but the persistent doubt is that things develop beyond their control

I think ever since ian stott and chris moore (and with the goings on of other football owners ie. mike ashley) fans have found it very hard to believe owners have the best of intentions,

I cant blame them for wanting a profit because at the end of the day, wether its for pleasure or not I would want it to grow and become big,

as any true business owner will tell you, your companies are like your babies you really want them to do well, you get some out there trying to use clubs as toys but most are there to be successful

and saying that the company could take a downturn that is true, yet so can any other business, we need to be a bit more trusting I think

QUOTE (garcon @ Jul 20 2009, 17:14 PM)

rudemedic - thanks for the reply. Nice to have a proper in depth discussion and exchange of views without shouting at each other.

No problem, I would agree that TTA seem to be genuine and that even if they did have to sell up would try and sell us to someone with credibilty (possibly the bloke from JD) but I'm just a bit concerned that due to them not having mega-millions they might be forced to sell with the job still not yet complete and thus leaving us in a bit of a bad position since some of our best asset (our location) will have been used up. This new board member has not eased my fears (unlike some people on here) that the situation is any less likely to happen.

I do agree that we shoudl have a healthy discussion over the what ifs.

And certainly not blindly trust the TTA or anyone.

My main concern is ground sharing whilst a stadium is being completed.

To me that is the step too far, it is inevitable something will happen and we will be groundless, it's just too risky.

But I am amazed the TTA are still here, it must be very difficult for them.

I am less concerned about the new Board member because he is related to one of the TTA, and as they are Jewish it is inevitable they will have connections with people dealing with Israel. at the end of the day he is a finance guy and I think it is his conenctions to where the £'s are found that is bringing him on board.

The only problem is if one is going down they all are, as the businesses are inextricably linked. But that could be a strength as well.

Lets hope they have not been too battered by the econmic downturn.

The trouble is that what's seen as 'taking the club forward' has, over the past fifteen years, only been revised ever downwards, including by hardcore supporters.

Ultimately, responsibility for our plight lies with those who did nothing at a time when some of our rivals were gathering momentum, but TTA moved far too slowly on the off-field side of things and made too many terrible decisions on the football side.

bit off topic but....

am i the only one who thinks TTAs company website looks quite crap?

:lol:

Well, there's a few on here who might offer to improve it for them... and be able to. And if I were them I would - they can only say no! :wink: