New Board Member

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He became involved with Oldham Athletic through his professional relationship with Simon Corney's cousin, Neil, who runs Citigroup's markets operation in Tel Aviv with whom Mike trades the Israeli shekel and interest rate swaps.
know the firm very well here ,maybe i can get some extra shekels from him to fly out to see latics

Nothing can beat the Three Amigos...oh wait the Four Amigos.. Spanish Inquisition!!!!!

Welcome on board now get yer wallet out.

What does Danny gazal do these days? We never hear his name mentioned, and he never seems to come over to watch the games. I wonder if he is a sleeping director.

What does Danny gazal do these days? We never hear his name mentioned, and he never seems to come over to watch the games. I wonder if he is a sleeping director.

'Director Sleeping on the Job!', Oldham Chronicle's next scare mongering revelation......

'Sources (OWTB) tell us that director Danny Gazal has been sleeping on the job bla bla bla.....'

or the 4 Musketeers (4M's)

or TTA+Mike !

or DSSM or SMDS dpending who has put the most money in!

As a "follower" of The Corp (see posts passim), I think the new name would have to be the TFHOTA, i.e. The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse... :grin:

I think it is interesting news, but I'm not sure there's enough information to know if it's good, bad or neither. Not enough details to get a feel for his role, skills, etc.

That was my initial reaction. It really says nothing as to why he's been brought on board. No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

As a "follower" of The Corp (see posts passim), I think the new name would have to be the TFHOTA, i.e. The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse... :grin:

Dunno if the new bloke is of the Hebrew persuasion, but the other three Horsemen probably wouldn't be up for turning out as top boys for Satan against the Christian ringer of the Jewish Messiah.

Might be time for a lie down now. Head hurting again.

Meh! So TTA have got another bloke in on to the board- he ain't a Latics fan he's their mate. I don't think this changes the way the club is going to run (he trades the Sheikel not the pound/euro- he won't make oodles). Its could be more like you give me a good rate and I give you place on famous Oldham Board. Oh and BTW if TTA were that rich they'd be in the Sunday times richlist (they ain't). They strike me as guys who make enough money to be able to write off any OAFC accrued loses (and I wouldn't mind betting there's a bit of legal tax evasion going on there) and are waiting to develop the land to make themselves even (or quite likely more than) and see where things go from there.

investment on stock markets = stadium funding or to perhaps look to sell the club to would be investors via his contacts.

Actually I think it's

give money to Wall Street guy = Latics Bake Sale Fundraiser

Meh! So TTA have got another bloke in on to the board- he ain't a Latics fan he's their mate. I don't think this changes the way the club is going to run (he trades the Sheikel not the pound/euro- he won't make oodles). Its could be more like you give me a good rate and I give you place on famous Oldham Board. Oh and BTW if TTA were that rich they'd be in the Sunday times richlist (they ain't). They strike me as guys who make enough money to be able to write off any OAFC accrued loses (and I wouldn't mind betting there's a bit of legal tax evasion going on there) and are waiting to develop the land to make themselves even (or quite likely more than) and see where things go from there.

rude medic you seem not to be that trusting of TTA can I ask why?

this new bloke has a lot of experience in the markets and I think heis a decent addition to the board,

i personally think is appointment has something to do with stadium moving but this is pure speculation and possibly a 2+2=5 moment

There's so much utter bollocks in that post I'm not sure where to start. So I'll settle for the easy win.

The reason TTA (or any one of them) are not in the Sunday Times Rich List is stunningly simple. Their wealth is in the United States!

If you really want to learn a little bit about them, do a bit of internet digging on their company - CNCG. (That's Cellular Network Communications Group, not the NYSE listed CNCG).

There's so much utter bollocks in that post I'm not sure where to start. So I'll settle for the easy win.

The reason TTA (or any one of them) are not in the Sunday Times Rich List is stunningly simple. Their wealth is in the United States!

If you really want to learn a little bit about them, do a bit of internet digging on their company - CNCG. (That's Cellular Network Communications Group, not the NYSE listed CNCG).

big group, major warehouse in queens, NYC

rude medic you seem not to be that trusting of TTA can I ask why?

this new bloke has a lot of experience in the markets and I think heis a decent addition to the board,

i personally think is appointment has something to do with stadium moving but this is pure speculation and possibly a 2+2=5 moment

Its not that I don't trust them I just don't trust them as much as other people. I think they saw Oldham as a bit of an investment (I would imagine Al-Fayed has made a bit of money getting Fulham into the Prem despite spending loads, ditto Dave Whelan and Wigan), things have gone tits up for them, the club hasn't got promoted, the development is stalling and you can tell they have thought about selling up if only for a day or two. (Not the sort of decision you take in a day). TTA have done well with their business and you can see they fancied owning a football club, the last person who did that and invested in Oldham was called Moore and when he realised he couldn't afford Oldham any more he jumped ship and ran leaving us in debt and in trouble with the tax man. I'm being a realist, (OK a pessimistic realist) I can see TTA saying goodbye if things keep going the way they are with the club, the finances, the development, any new stadium, and the general world economy (people don't upgrade in bad times and I would imagine this has taken away a decent proportion of their business).

Easy win, easy win prepare for a shock. TTA (or any one of them) last time I checked were English (they're from North london right), they can get on the Sunday Times richlist by being English. For example Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones are on there, not because they have all their money in UK (they probably have more money in Majorca than they do in the UK) but because Zeta-Jones is Welsh where you keep your money doesn't make a difference if you are British its only when the likes of Abrahamovic and Al-Fayed who aren't British that it matters.

I've looked at CNCG up on google and I've not found too much stuff about them, if their company was so great they would be listed a lot more. They appear to be mobile phone salesmen who sell wholesale without a website (not sure they get that good business then). They are branching out into property, but that's probably connected with the warehouses they own which they might be struggling to use for their phone business. I'm yet to see any decent evidence that TTA are as rich as some people think. Bearing in mind some of the stuff I could find on them involved Virgin sueing the pants of them some Oldham fans could be in for a rude awakening.

Easy win, easy win prepare for a shock. TTA (or any one of them) last time I checked were English (they're from North london right), they can get on the Sunday Times richlist by being English. For example Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones are on there, not because they have all their money in UK (they probably have more money in Majorca than they do in the UK) but because Zeta-Jones is Welsh where you keep your money doesn't make a difference if you are British its only when the likes of Abrahamovic and Al-Fayed who aren't British that it matters.

I've looked at CNCG up on google and I've not found too much stuff about them, if their company was so great they would be listed a lot more. They appear to be mobile phone salesmen who sell wholesale without a website (not sure they get that good business then). They are branching out into property, but that's probably connected with the warehouses they own which they might be struggling to use for their phone business. I'm yet to see any decent evidence that TTA are as rich as some people think. Bearing in mind some of the stuff I could find on them involved Virgin sueing the pants of them some Oldham fans could be in for a rude awakening.

Thins is rudemedic, you re looking at this comparing this to the English market and thinking they are as big as say Carphone Warehouse, but is still an authorised dealer. More a dialaphone type.

In the US they are not allowed O2, Vodafone shops.

(MY apologies if you knew this, I am just going off what you posted)

Thare are plenty of rich people in the Sunday Times Rich List no on there. I presonally know someone worth £6 million and he appears nowhere near the Sunday Times rich list.

A few on here might assume they are loaded, but most of think think they are well off, but not neccesarily billionaires.

Their website is cncg and it shows they have a large network.

EDIT becasue really I was comparing them to more a Carphone Warehouse but smaller., more a

Edited by singe

BTW this is from T mobile, who are the 4th largest in the US with 32 million customers.

Sure, they CNCG network has not got all that, but this is what the T mobiel chap has to say.

How can one become a master dealer??....

Unless you have a record of success in selling wireless I'd say....

All new companies with interests and aspirations to become a Master Dealer or Direct Dealer will act as a sub-dealer for three months. All Dealer paperwork will still be issued and completed. This 3 month process will help the new potential dealers to learn the business, both the pricing and operational aspects. This will also give those companies that are new to wireless an idea and feel for the market and industry. This is a solid win-win-win scenario without signing a lengthy and binding contract. This will also help both parties realize if the Master Dealer requirement of a minimum of 700 activations per month can be attained.

New potential Dealer partners should be able to meet and exceed an average of 700 activations over the 90 day timeframe. In the event that a company does not meet this objective, sub-dealer status will continue until the 700 activation/month target has been attained.

The Regional Managers will be responsible for reviewing the progress with the Partner Manager month over month.

We believe the exponential growth of the VAR Channel is dependant upon this new tiered structure and will help T-Mobile support the sub-dealer down channels while developing new Master Dealers from within.

Let me know if you want to learn more about sub dealer opportunities.

Ilian Papasov

T-Mobile VAR

ilian.papasov@t-mobile.com

so 700 activations a month absolute minimum is nigh on 10,000 phones a year. Given that they have a network of sellers in many large US States it si safe to assume it is in excess of that.

Edited by singe