Will the new ground location stop you going?

singe

Is Failsworth going to affect you Matchdays?  

351 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Makes no difference I am hardcore
    • It's too far, less/no games for me
    • It's nearer/easier!
    • I travel a long way anyway
    • N/A I am an exile and don't go tomany games to make a difference

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking like a 10% drop at worse from the current fan base...

I would expect new fans to be generated by the clubs new position. For example a lot of people have made comments about people from Failsworth having nothing to do with Oldham. Well I wont get drawn into that other than to say that might change when a new ground is on their door step.

What excites me is that places like Hollins, Garden Suburbs and Heathershaw are now closer to the ground and that opens doors from a public transport perspective. 1 bus instead of 2... Journey time no more than about 15 / 20 mins ? Compared to about 40+ to BP...

So I am thinking our attendances might rise...

Edited by oafc0000

Tricky, i live in Greenfield, have no car and if i don't have a job then its gonna be costly to get to the stadium AND pay to watch the game, especially since the price will no doubt be up by then. I can't get a lift from a mate because all my mates support utd, i started watchin Latics with a guy i worked with about 4 years ago so i pretty much go to matches on my todd (makes you cry on the inside dosn't it). Of course all that is speculation because its going to be two to three years. By then could have car, job and exposable income in which case i'd be at every match, ahhh pointless speculation

I'm confused? Why on earth will the stadium be any harder/more expensive to get to from Greenfield as to where it is now? Currently you can get a bus from Greenfield to the town centre, and either walk or get another bus to BP...... with Failsworth you can walk/get a bus to uppermill and get a bus that drops you off virtually outside the new ground?

Unless you live next to BP its pretty much the bloody same... people shouldnt put barriers in that dont exist....

Tricky, i live in Greenfield, have no car and if i don't have a job then its gonna be costly to get to the stadium AND pay to watch the game, especially since the price will no doubt be up by then. I can't get a lift from a mate because all my mates support utd, i started watchin Latics with a guy i worked with about 4 years ago so i pretty much go to matches on my todd (makes you cry on the inside dosn't it). Of course all that is speculation because its going to be two to three years. By then could have car, job and exposable income in which case i'd be at every match, ahhh pointless speculation

180 from Greenfield, but the better one is the 184 from Uppermill fella

i think they are the bus numbers, i will have to find out for sure when i move up there!

Edited by creepy

One potential issue I thought of...

On First Manchester you can buy a weekly pass which covers the Oldham area but I think you cant go further down than the Roxy. You would need the more expensive one to make it that far down. Just a small point that it actually cost more for some people.

Works out cheaper for me :)

One potential issue I thought of...

On First Manchester you can buy a weekly pass which covers the Oldham area but I think you cant go further down than the Roxy. You would need the more expensive one to make it that far down. Just a small point that it actually cost more for some people.

Works out cheaper for me :)

First Bus weekly passes cover all First Bus services in Greater Manchester. System one passes cover all bus services in the GMPTE area.

I travell to games from north yorkshire and support Oldham over local teams near me because my dads from there and he supported them as a boy with his dad, we only get to about 10 games home and away a season because hes got to travell up from brighton, I do think I will get to games but dout as regular, I seem to have this thought that my dads from oldham and failsworth isnt really oldham from what it seems its more manchester is it makes sence

First Bus weekly passes cover all First Bus services in Greater Manchester. System one passes cover all bus services in the GMPTE area.

Well there use to be a First Manchester pass that only covered the Oldham Area.. Going back about three years that was true... Dont know about now though...

I would say the teams name is a bit of give away...but hey ho... Always Oldham Town... oh hang on...they might be moving as well :lol:

Unless there is a dramatic U-turn and Latics come up with a Groundshare scheme with the Lions at the Gabba, it would make no difference to me !!!

Still, it would be a wiser investment ferrying 7000 Latics fans over to Brisbane every other week and you would still get change out of 20 million !!!

Providing I get a DVD of the game/goals every week, I couldnt care less where they play. WE ARE OLDHAM ATHLETIC FFS.

I am trying to get back for one of the BP Games this coming season and will look forward to visiting NBP in the not too distant future....

I might start having a sig:-

Royton, Shaw, Chadderton - wherever it is it isn't oldham.

1974 saw them all form part of OMBC. Gawbies will tell you that shaw is not part of the Town of Oldham, as would the few Roytonians and Chaddertonians still left.

Stopping the clock isn't really an option. But I can say for a fact it was never the same since they changed it from Aldeholm. Clinging to a past that doesn't reflect the real world.