Will the new ground location stop you going?

singe

Is Failsworth going to affect you Matchdays?  

351 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Makes no difference I am hardcore
    • It's too far, less/no games for me
    • It's nearer/easier!
    • I travel a long way anyway
    • N/A I am an exile and don't go tomany games to make a difference

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be too far on a tuesday night? It will be no closer on a saturday you know

I just think that tuesday nights in general have lower attendances and i assume due to distance for some that this is one of the reasons for certain folk not being able to make it on a tues night now. So i imagine those currently up and around or near bp will have the same excuses for when we move down there?

I just think that tuesday nights in general have lower attendances and i assume due to distance for some that this is one of the reasons for certain folk not being able to make it on a tues night now. So i imagine those currently up and around or near bp will have the same excuses for when we move down there?

Its 10 minutes away from BP. Perhaps fans who live around the Failsworth area who feel BP is too far away on a Tuesday night will be able to attend when we move to Failsworth

Its 10 minutes away from BP. Perhaps fans who live around the Failsworth area who feel BP is too far away on a Tuesday night will be able to attend when we move to Failsworth

Yeah that was what my point is, in regards to the poll, why some people may choose to go to less games now as it will be less if they currently go all home games now, i doubt if any at all are going to stop going full stop.

I will be there, actually very happy with this move as it closer to Manchester Airport. Not as far to travel for me when I land at the airport.

Much respect and all that....but you fly in from Ireland and are "very happy" about turning left at the top of the M60 Oldham slip road and driving 2 miles as opposed to turning right and driving 3? :wink:

I've no problems with moving to Failsworth as I don't hold any pride in being from Oldham/Lancashire/England etc. It's plenty local enough to not be a piss-take. I just think it's sad to leave BP and feel a 12,000 seater stadium lacks ambition....and that maybe both are to suit TTA's pockets rather than being in our best interests.

"Its not where your from it's where your at" to quote Ian Brown(I think)

So long as its still Oldham Athletic/Pine Villa.

To be fair BP isn't the most solubrious so having a shiny new place to worship might even benefit us and entice a few more less hardy souls through the turnstiles

I cannot believe there are 10 people who claim they won't go or will go to fewer games due to the proposed site being too far.

At the absolute worst it must be all of about 25 minutes extra on a bus or 10-15mins in a car.

What sort of feckless retard can't cope with that?

I cannot believe there are 10 people who claim they won't go or will go to fewer games due to the proposed site being too far.

At the absolute worst it must be all of about 25 minutes extra on a bus or 10-15mins in a car.

What sort of feckless retard can't cope with that?

the ones that dont like change lol

and the ones that refuse to see any other ground other than BP "the devils work"

And it's closer for a lot of people who work in Manc and live further out. So a little bit easier for some, a little bit harder for others. Not a huge deal for most people wither way I shouldn't have thought.

its takes me bout 3/4 of an hr to get to bp so an extra 10/15mins on the journey aint goin to make must diffence to me n in my opinion it should'nt to any real tic either,the only thing that might stop me from goin is if we change our name(apart from our original name).

It would never stop me going but midweek games are already hard to get too for 7:45 due to work, and the extra 10 - 15 minutes down Broadway will make it even harder. So I guess I may miss 1 or 2 more than normal.

Build it and they will come, I really hope this comes off. The location is not as important as the club's identity. As long as we remain exclusively Oldham Athletic I'd go anywhere pretty much in North Manchester if it meant the club survived as Oldham Athletic. Anything else and I walk away...

Edited by oafcprozac

Build it and they will come, I really hope this comes off. The location is not as important as the club's identity. As long as we remain exclusively Oldham Athletic I'd go anywhere pretty much in North Manchester if it meant the club survived as Oldham Athletic. Anything else and I walk away...

LMAO.........I've been thinking of that comment all day :)

Very glad Latics have something to work towards instead of holding out for the ecomony to pick and refurbing BP...........however I have a hollow feeling regarding the size of the ground.....is there anybody else who thinks this is a total lack of ambition.......football is always changing and who knows we may be fighting in the championship in a couple of years with bumper gates and unable to reap the extra revenue a bigger stadium would give us........I think 12K is not enough, surely we should be looking at something in the region of 16 to 18K........I'd hate to have big games at the new ground that we have to turn people away from...................Latics will turn out when they see progress, better still we all remember survival Sunday when they turned away 3500 fans due to overcrowding.............I know it was free, but the fan base is there...we just have to tap into it......get a better commercial manager ;)

LMAO.........I've been thinking of that comment all day :)

Very glad Latics have something to work towards instead of holding out for the ecomony to pick and refurbing BP...........however I have a hollow feeling regarding the size of the ground.....is there anybody else who thinks this is a total lack of ambition.......football is always changing and who knows we may be fighting in the championship in a couple of years with bumper gates and unable to reap the extra revenue a bigger stadium would give us........I think 12K is not enough, surely we should be looking at something in the region of 16 to 18K........I'd hate to have big games at the new ground that we have to turn people away from...................Latics will turn out when they see progress, better still we all remember survival Sunday when they turned away 3500 fans due to overcrowding.............I know it was free, but the fan base is there...we just have to tap into it......get a better commercial manager ;)

Think 12k is fine for now, but i think there does need to be room for expansion in case we go onto bigger and better things

I walk to BP for sat and evening games....going to Failsworth is a bus trip and that's fine, however I don't fancy it on a winter's eve mid week game waiting for a chuffing bus...I am a lady you know...so, it's true I might miss more evening games than I'd hoped for.

However, I support the move 100%, BP is not up to scratch even for the division we are in - we all know that and although the old heart strings are screaming for us to stay at BP...logically - if we don't move on, the only way we are going is down...down because of the lack of facilities and the team too. latics is a business that ain't making a profit -would you carry chucking money down the old plug hole if you were the owners????

I Can't wait....now were's my hardhat and steel toe capped boots...am ready to build..bring it on......