What a great little stadium. Great atmosphere, fans close to the action.Loved it when we were there in the playoffs. Been to most grounds, and this one is the one that stands out.

Lets build our new groung like that!!

Spot on there, great ground, lots of character, i'd love a ground like that

What a great little stadium. Great atmosphere, fans close to the action.Loved it when we were there in the playoffs. Been to most grounds, and this one is the one that stands out.

Yes. But with 2 tiers all round and 6 rows in each tier!

Actually, I'd love a ground like Loftus road. Not enough new grounds keep the atmosphere in and turn it into a couldron, but an enclosed box with steep sides would be brilliant.

I much prefer the enclosed grounds,keeps the atmosphere and noise in and are much more intimidating i think, I dislike the ones where it looks like four separate stands have just been plonked down and the wind comes whistling in.

I much prefer the enclosed grounds,keeps the atmosphere and noise in and are much more intimidating i think, I dislike the ones where it looks like four separate stands have just been plonked down and the wind comes whistling in.

Aka Colchester's lego stands, that rise, oh lets see 20 foot in the air!. But wait............. we've 2000 more seats 22 feet in the air.

EDIT: OK they rise 30 feet up but you get my drift.

Edited by Lags

Yeah but they also keep the heat in, so we'd lose the unique character of being the coldest ground in Britain (can't remember which magazine voted us that years ago, 2nd was either Inverness or Aberdeen :grin: ).

Yeah but they also keep the heat in, so we'd lose the unique character of being the coldest ground in Britain (can't remember which magazine voted us that years ago, 2nd was either Inverness or Aberdeen :grin: ).

We're losing that title with moving much nearer sea level in the Failsworth part of Oldham.

Yeah Loftus Road is a belting ground. I think if we got a ground like that one compared to the boring Colchester/Shrewsbury, a lot more fan's would be behind the move. Please if someones listening at Oldham - Don't build a ground similar to Colchester!

never been to Loftus Road, but it's certainly a ground with character, what would we do have 1 tier all the way around?

My brother in law is a season ticket holder at QPR and I went once to watch them play Everton in the Premier. He hates the ground layout. He feels that QPR missed out when other grounds refurbished themsevles and managed to get loans from Football Trusts. To me it is an in-between ground, half way from the old fashioned grounds and the ordinary new ones.

I saw nothing that attracted me to it as a ground with character. If we emulated that design it would be a backward step.

My brother in law is a season ticket holder at QPR and I went once to watch them play Everton in the Premier. He hates the ground layout. He feels that QPR missed out when other grounds refurbished themsevles and managed to get loans from Football Trusts. To me it is an in-between ground, half way from the old fashioned grounds and the ordinary new ones.

I saw nothing that attracted me to it as a ground with character. If we emulated that design it would be a backward step.

I think it's the proximity of the fans that helps create a good atmosphere, compared to some new stadiums that have the fans ( especially behind the goals) too far away. We want to create a good intimidating atmosphere to make us hard to beat and play against, you never know we might get some decisions in our favour then! :ranting:

I think it's the proximity of the fans that helps create a good atmosphere, compared to some new stadiums that have the fans ( especially behind the goals) too far away. We want to create a good intimidating atmosphere to make us hard to beat and play against, you never know we might get some decisions in our favour then! :ranting:

The only thing that'll make us hard to beat and play against is a good team.

They do have a few seats which have the words "Diabolical View" printed on the tickets. I'd love for someone to take a picture sat in one of the said seats.

I think with regards to Loftus Road, it's such an enclosed ground that when it is full, in a powder keg match which is what the play-off game was, then it generates an atmosphere that makes hair stand on end. Steep stands and a closeness to the pitch would do this.

Aka Colchester's lego stands, that rise, oh lets see 20 foot in the air!. But wait............. we've 2000 more seats 22 feet in the air.

EDIT: OK they rise 30 feet up but you get my drift.

What about if we end up with a Colchester-esque stadium but we make the stands longer so that there are no open cormers? Like deepdale where each individual stand butts up to the floodlight pylon.

The only obvious disadvatage with this design is that you waste the space in the corners, unless we can build some kind of 'facility' into those?