Gregan retains captaincy

Worthy was the number one candidate for me, but i'm sure if Gregan's arsehole tendancies re-arise there may be a re-think?

Spot on. I really think we needed one of the new guys to be captain, and Worthington's the obvious choice.

I think Gregan is still a good choice as captain. Sometimes players need a good shouting at so long as the other player doesn't take it personally. Shez was always on about having a quiet squad, it's good someone can use their mouth a bit, I'm sure with Worthington and Holdsworth around as well there'll be much more this season.

Spot on. I really think we needed one of the new guys to be captain, and Worthington's the obvious choice.

tbh he is going to have to re-assert himself on this squad and earn the respect of Brill, Jacobson, Holdsworth, Worthy, Furman, Abbott, Kiegan and Purdie. I think attitude wise we may see more of the Gregan from his early days here, rather than the arrogant arsehole we saw once he got that 2 1/2 year deal. Having said that he remains one of my favourite players and i'm pleased we gave him another chance. But i'm not sure of him being capatain at all. I think Gray may have influenced this choice as I believe he's of a similar temperament and personality to Greegs.

Edited by oafcprozac

I think even if you didn't give Gregan the captaincy, he'd still shout and scream at other players. Some of it is fine but a lot of what he does is blaiming his mistakes on youngsters beside him. We seem to have a more experienced starting 11 this season so I doubt 1 player being a captain will effect anything on the pitch.

I think Gray may have influenced this choice as I believe he's of a similar temperament and personality to Greegs.

No doubt at all. At the Hyde game it seemed the only player Gray was complimenting was Gregan. Must see a bit of his old playing self in Sean.

I think even if you didn't give Gregan the captaincy, he'd still shout and scream at other players. Some of it is fine but a lot of what he does is blaiming his mistakes on youngsters beside him. We seem to have a more experienced starting 11 this season so I doubt 1 player being a captain will effect anything on the pitch.

he shouts at other players when he himself gregan kick the ball in to touch

s*** news but in DP i trust

1. Maybe this shows exactly what we should really make of some of last season's allegations?

2. It shows he has successfully come through a very difficult time personally last season (admittedly mostly brought on himself).

3. Oh my! Perish the thought that we have a captain that shouts at his players! What about their feelings, the poor little souls! How awful!

:wink:

Fine by me - I like a Captain at CB.

As there isn't much cover at CB at the moment he's a dead certain starter - I can see the midfield changing a lot this season with the options we have, so we can't guarentee someone like Worthington a place every game - also who knows how he'll perform.

Seems a safe, sensible bet to me - the only choice.

Regarding the shouting at everyone - that happens in most workplaces with senior people. - if it gets ridiculous Dopple Penetrato will sort it.

Let's let the other experienced players bed in and choose one of those guys next year!

1. Maybe this shows exactly what we should really make of some of last season's allegations?

2. It shows he has successfully come through a very difficult time personally last season (admittedly mostly brought on himself).

3. Oh my! Perish the thought that we have a captain that shouts at his players! What about their feelings, the poor little souls! How awful!

:wink:

For me, the reservation are not about him shouting, it needs to be done at times and he is fine in those circumstances.

It is the blaming soneone else when it obvious to everyone around him and seeral thousand people that it was his own bleedin' fault!

But also there are times when you need to gee people or pick them up if there heads are in danger of dropping, I don't see Gregan as being particularly good that.

He just seems to be looking for someone to blame.

Hopefully it won;t be a problem though with new players, just not so many new ones in defence!

Ona related point, are we expectig one more signing of a CB before the start of the season, or wait and see with the loans as the season starts