Them were the days

Funniest time was the 5-0 at Sheff Utd, we were at a New Year framily get together and I was playing out (as 10 year olds do) with my cousins, but my cous had a little radio on his BMX and we were listening to the game, so every time we scored "Dad, Dad it's 2-0, 3-0 etc... when we scored the fifth my cousin got a clip round the ear for being a 'lying little sod...' he felt rather guilty when James Alexander Gordon confirmed...

Remember that game well. Was very under the weather after the New Years Eve and very nearly didn't go. Had to stop the car on the Snake on the way over to throw up. Couldn't believe the result! Happy days!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Broadway terraced stand " Big uns to the back" was the constant shout :grin:

In the early 60's me and my mates used to stand at the corner of the Chaddy End & the Broadway side and wait for the toss up to see which end Latics were attacking in the first half. If it was the Rochdale Road end we used to run around the back of the stand and stand behind the goal. No segregation in those days.

:mainstand:

This thread is seriously depressing....

Football really is :censored: these days... Feel sorry for the young ones who will never know any of this...

We were lucky as kids because you could go and watch the match then get home, coat off and replay it on your Subbuteo :lol:

All the usual suspects were heroes on that green baize, Vic Halom, Alan Young, Steve Taylor not forgetting the miraculous saves by John Platt :grin:

The days sitting on top of the concrete wall around the chaddy, listening to the rockford files and wondering to myself as a kid why do all these small blue 3 wheel cars drive onto the pitch only to receive cheers from the crowd when the ball is smashed into them, what chances are there now adays parking your car on the pitch !

Edited by pistonbroke