Them were the days

When they printed the first XI on the back of the programme, you had to make the changes yourself, and both the subs were called TBA. Sometimes you still didn't know who the subs were after the game! You had to pick the Pink up on the way home, with the second half write-up in a column on the back page.

Now we all wanna run the club. What's wrong with Champ Manager?

How important have we become...or do we think we are?

E4e

HELLO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they printed the first XI on the back of the programme, you had to make the changes yourself, and both the subs were called TBA. Sometimes you still didn't know who the subs were after the game! You had to pick the Pink up on the way home, with the second half write-up in a column on the back page.

E4e

HELLO

Coming out of the pictures at 10.30 on a Saturday night, picking up the Sunday newspaper (Empire News) from the seller waiting outside the cinema.

Yes the good old days, Saturday nights at the movies.

Sunday morning though, clearing the ashes from the fire, lugging in a new bag of coal and cursing you had run out of firelighters. Having to dash to the outside frozen loo and again cursing there was no newspaper left on the peg.

No hot water for the tin bath.

The good old days for sure (sometimes).

Coming out of the pictures at 10.30 on a Saturday night, picking up the Sunday newspaper (Empire News) from the seller waiting outside the cinema.

Sunday morning though, clearing the ashes from the fire, lugging in a new bag of coal and cursing you had run out of firelighters. Having to dash to the outside frozen loo and again cursing there was no newspaper left on the peg.

What were the celebrations like when we defeated the Vikings at Stamford Bridge in 1066? :lol:

E4e

HELLO

Eh - Nostalgia .... Saturdays .. I used walk back after a match from BP over Oldham Edge to my grandma's paper shop on Huddersfield Road, and then go and deliver the Pink all over Waterhead and Derker ...

Eh - Nostalgia .... Saturdays .. I used walk back after a match from BP over Oldham Edge to my grandma's paper shop on Huddersfield Road, and then go and deliver the Pink all over Waterhead and Derker ...

...and me and my mates used to rob you... :grin: Just kidding...

# Those were the days my friend... #

Don't laugh-it might all be coming back...

What do you mean young man . . .both subs? Only one for a long time & none before that.

Also - forget the Pink - that was a Manc rag. What about the Green Final? That was a proper paper. Kick for kick Latics report.

I did exactly the same after matches an Saturday, straight down to Hollinwood (although I used to catch the football special bus) to deliver the Green Final and Pink Final.

It was only one substitute as well in those days, mid/late 70's.

Bags of those fish and chip biscuit things. Do they still do them?

Catching the first glimpse of the Broadway stand as me and my dad walked past the football pitch where B & Q car-park is. A wall of noise and smells hitting you as you took up your place on the Chaddy end Terrace, the crap black and white programme that cost 50p, the guy with the squeaky voice at the back of the Chaddy End and the tea trollies coming round the perimeter of the pitch - oh and the Ashdene and Windsor Clock between the Lookers and the Rocky. It was an even bigger :censored:-hole back then but that WAS Latics to me. BP died years ago, that's why a new stadium wouldn't be that much of an upheaval for me, despite the fact Swindon Town on 22nd August will be my 700th League and cup game watching Latics, but the experience truly died at BP in 1991 when the Chaddy End died. The paddocks were good until '94 but could never replace the experience.

Edited by oafcprozac

Bags of those fish and chip biscuit things. Do they still do them?

10p at Limehurst's tuck shop cica. 1985

25p at Latics, the robbing gets! Oh and the blister packs of gum (Klix?), how strong was that stuff? And the MASSIVE meat n' tater pies that you could bowl at Ricky Ponting (or Allan Border back then)

Stop it, i'm getting all misty here!

10p at Limehurst's tuck shop cica. 1985

25p at Latics, the robbing gets! Oh and the blister packs of gum (Klix?), how strong was that stuff? And the MASSIVE meat n' tater pies that you could bowl at Ricky Ponting (or Allan Border back then)

Stop it, i'm getting all misty here!

Made by Burtons :lol:

I'll never forget the week we beat both Blackpool (2-1) and Burnley (2-0) in the same week around 77-78? boy did we start off badly against Blackpool? a cross over from the right by Bob Hatton and flick headed home into the top corner from near the edge of the box by Mickey Walsh but we came back to win :grin:

In the Burnley game they had a striker bandaged up around the head, turned out to be Steve Kindon, anyone remember these games???

Also that bloody awful Boxing day performance against Blackburn Rovers when we got stuffed 0-3 :disappointed:

I'll never forget just how cold it was that day on top of the result :shock: