Andy Liddell - sad news

Certainly brings a tear to the eye. I'll be donating to this great cause.

Thankfully I now have 3 healthly children, but prior to this have been through 3 miscarriages, a still born and an eggtopic, put's everything else in life that we think is bad into perspective.

Was at the MEN on Saturday and thought Lidds was brilliant, didn't know at the time.

Pass the link on to as many people as you can.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:applause1: spot on!!!!

wonder how many ppl will go home and give that extra little bit today than they would normally... you can guarantee i will... and ill be shown nicola this thread just to show how lucky we all are no matter what happens

It's terrible that it always takes sad news like this to appreciate what you have. Mine will be getting extra hugs tonight too.

It's terrible that it always takes sad news like this to appreciate what you have. Mine will be getting extra hugs tonight too.

Mine wont, I've just had a phone call to say my 5 year old's got nits, the little 'orrorbag?! :wink:

Well, they will obviously but she'll have to have her hair tied up!

my misses wanted a kid for years we had 3 failed attemps misarages all 4 or 5 months in then eventually she fella pregnent again this time we was lucky gave birth to a beautifull little girl who is now 3 years old after all that termoil my misses this year has been diagnosed with lung cancer which is un-cureable its like one thing after another i writen a blog about it on my multigaming site if anyone is intrested please read it http://www.tlr-clan.co.uk/index.php?page=blogs&id=41

my misses wanted a kid for years we had 3 failed attemps misarages all 4 or 5 months in then eventually she fella pregnent again this time we was lucky gave birth to a beautifull little girl who is now 3 years old after all that termoil my misses this year has been diagnosed with lung cancer which is un-cureable its like one thing after another i writen a blog about it on my multigaming site if anyone is intrested please read it http://www.tlr-clan.co.uk/index.php?page=blogs&id=41

Lost for words... :(

Reading things like Liddells story and yours mate really gets to me. You have my thoughts and prayers. Life can be so :censored:ty but then once in a while you meet people who amaze you with their positive outlook on everything and you just have to smile and tip your hat to them and say keep going son as you know nothing will ever get them down. You my friend are one of those people.

Edited by chaddy the owl

+1 Keep positive Kungfoo...prayers with you mate.

I will add this ...Cordellia my little friend........., Mum, Dad & I (when not at Uni) look after her on respite care nearly every Thursday night. She is the nicest little girl you could wish to meet, her favourite colour is BLUE and loves playing football. Since the article she has made further progress walking really well and language improving. She NEVER complains and her smile lights up the World around her. Her mum and elder brother, Aunt and cousin have the same condition. ALL positive spirits and lovely people. Just shows how many people are touched by illness and how people overcome / fight adversity.

Cordellia

great stuff its amazing what possitive attitudes can do for people

That really is awful mate. Very best wishes to you all.

Same goes for Lidds & family.

A guy I work with lost his 9-year-old daughter a few months ago. Every time I bump into him, I can't help but wonder how the hell he functions. I don't know how he gets through the day.

That really is awful mate. Very best wishes to you all.

Same goes for Lidds & family.

A guy I work with lost his 9-year-old daughter a few months ago. Every time I bump into him, I can't help but wonder how the hell he functions. I don't know how he gets through the day.

+1

great stuff its amazing what possitive attitudes can do for people

At a loss for words, its amazing what people can do, your story should be inspiration to many and a dose of reality about what is really important to a few more including myself.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Given the nature of the condition I would imagine Andy (and his wife) knew about it in either the new year or mid November (depending when it was picked up on the scan). Now Andy played for us until April time so all that time whilst people were moaning (and in some cases abusing) about him, saying he's just a pointer who doesn't run he had all that going on in the back of his mind. Yes the odds are quite good that babies born with this condition survive and have normal lives but still 5% is still quite high (for medicine- put it this way at the moment the odds of dying from swine flu (having caught it in the first place) look to be about 0.1-0.2%). Although I'm not blaming ayone who was less than complimentary towards Andy I do hope they have a little bit of remorse. I also wouldn't mind betting this is a reason for him not to see out his contract.

qft

No one should have to go through this. Thoughts and prayers with Andy and family.