Who is going to Stalybridge tonight?

Wondering how many are going tonight to watch??

Hope Stephens runs the show!

This is completely pointless but my predicted 11 would be:

Ollerenshaw

McKerr Ojapah A.Trialist Black

Lee Stephens Rowney Steer

Alessandra Brooke

Ollerenshaw

Alessandra Brooke

Looking likely

Ollerenshaw

Alessandra Brooke

Lancs T20/20 quaters for me tonight! Let's hope the rain stays away!

My mate runs the Hare and Hounds next door to the ground - half decent pub grub. Also Bower Fold Spice Indian Restaraunt Attached to ground is okay.

Thanks for that, will bear it in mind.

I remember going in the Blue Ginger after a night out and thinking it was the best takeaway I have ever had....want to see if I am still of the same opinion sober!!

Ollerenshaw

Alessandra Brooke

don,t know who is playing but i can tell you lee isn,t disgraceful treatment of a kid

was an odd game to watch.

First half we were awful, was too easy for bridge. They scored 1 very nice goal, but the others were very preventable. The defence looked a wee bit dodgy, and fullbacks beaten too easily.

Second half we bossed it. Dale stephens looked top. really nice curling free kick from just outside the box, and a low, drilled shot under the keeper. Trialist scored the other - Patrick somebody. Steer came on and started to stick some good balls into the box, and we could have won it with the last kick of the game, but for the trialist wanting a massively wide net.

On a side note, josh ollerenshaw looked a bit ropey. iv seen him play before and know he can be a good keeper, but simple balls that he shouldve been claiming were heart in mouth moments. his kicking was also a bit weak. I definitely think we should be looking at bringing in a new keeper.

was an odd game to watch.

First half we were awful, was too easy for bridge. They scored 1 very nice goal, but the others were very preventable. The defence looked a wee bit dodgy, and fullbacks beaten too easily.

Second half we bossed it. Dale stephens looked top. really nice curling free kick from just outside the box, and a low, drilled shot under the keeper. Trialist scored the other - Patrick somebody. Steer came on and started to stick some good balls into the box, and we could have won it with the last kick of the game, but for the trialist wanting a massively wide net.

On a side note, josh ollerenshaw looked a bit ropey. iv seen him play before and know he can be a good keeper, but simple balls that he shouldve been claiming were heart in mouth moments. his kicking was also a bit weak. I definitely think we should be looking at bringing in a new keeper.

First half was like men against boys which, to some extent it was with Latics fielding a very young side.

Second half was a different affair altogether with Stephens making us tick (and scoring 2 very good goals) and Black and McKeer pressing on well from defence. McKeer in particular really grew in confidence and was unlucky not to score near the end when the Celtics 'keeper pushed a fine effort around the post.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Josh, although I do think we'll look to get a more experienced 'keeper on loan should Brill get injured or suspended.

First half was like men against boys which, to some extent it was with Latics fielding a very young side.

Second half was a different affair altogether with Stephens making us tick (and scoring 2 very good goals) and Black and McKeer pressing on well from defence. McKeer in particular really grew in confidence and was unlucky not to score near the end when the Celtics 'keeper pushed a fine effort around the post.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Josh, although I do think we'll look to get a more experienced 'keeper on loan should Brill get injured or suspended.

I thought none of the trialists deserved their shirts tbh, I though the new lad at right-back McKerr played well, Steer looked lively and Stephens scored two cracking goals but his all-round play was poor imo. Particularly bad was the left-winger on trial. Ojapah played the first-half in midfield and looked off the pace although it's unfair to judge the lad given the amount of crap trialists around him. Agree with how dodgy young Josh looked in goal.Two cracking finishes from Matty Barlow for them and although the first gaol was a wonder goal from their lad it was poor of Josh not to move.

Gray, Dux and Collett were all there and taking stock, the trialists were mainly foreign (I'll post their names if I can arsed later) all unknowns and all Easter European type names except a Greek/Cypriot. The striker who scored was poor and his finish was deflected but tbh my ten year old would have buried it.

Edited by oafcprozac