Sir Bobby Robson

couldnt believe how much he has changed when i watched that england germany game on sunday

such a shame... a massive loss

RIP sir!!!!!! a REAL sir aswell... :disappointed:

Was discussing that with my wife (a nurse), it was the steroids and pain killers, a truly monumental effort to make it the game and it was very emotional seeing the state he was in. Unfortunately when I asked my wife's opinion on how long he looked to have left, she shook her head and said 'a matter of days at the most', sadly she was all too right.

RIP Sir Bobby, I hope for the good of your memory NUFC can pull themsleves together, on and off the field...

Edited by oafcprozac

One of the very few people (with the exception of Craig Bellamy, which says more about him than about Robson) who you couldn't find anyone to say a bad word about. Funnily enough I was reading Stuart Pearce's autobiography last night and of course he was singing his praises.

absolutely gutted.

A true gentleman. Passionate, humble, polite and funny.

Lived for football and I could listen to him talk about football for hours.

A hero in every sense of the word and a role model for all young footballers/managers/humans

I hope we have a min silence or applause on first game of season, it is more than deserved.

RIP Sir Bobby, you'll never be forgotton.

Really sad news. His attitude to his illness was awe-inspiring - he didn't have a shred of self-pity,in every interview he gave he just kept saying how lucky he considered himself and what a great life he'd had, and the way he threw himself into fundraising in his final months summed up the kind of person he was.

I remember his time up at newcastle more than the rest of his career due to my age, and was desperate for newcastle to win something while he was up there as he always came across as a good guy!

RIP Sir Bobby :disappointed:

What can be said that hasn't been said already i think any true football fan will mourn his loss, RIP Bobby thanks for the memories of one of my first world cups and a true example of what a gent is