Our New Stadium

If those people who live in Failsworth identify themselves as being from Oldham (I think they might) then they are part of Oldham- it doesn't matter what they're postcode says.

They only have to look at the Council Tax bill sent to their Manc postcode to confirm they are in Oldham.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit of atmosphere - but with 4 box stands that aint gonna happen

Accepted that stadium design can facilitate an atmosphere but you still need fans willing to create it. The architect can design the stadium in many ways but cannot create atmosphere. Loftus Road is a brilliant design but it would have no atmosphere without the fans.

Even with four box stands it could happen if there is a willingness which is currently missing.

:lol::lol::lol: I cant believe some people are saying they are going to stop watching their team due to the postcode of the new ground when it is built LMAO!!!!!

My thoughts entirely as I have a Stockport postcode on saturday maybe I should go in the large section of the RRE and support them IO COUNTY!

Accepted that stadium design can facilitate an atmosphere but you still need fans willing to create it. The architect can design the stadium in many ways but cannot create atmosphere. Loftus Road is a brilliant design but it would have no atmosphere without the fans.

Even with four box stands it could happen if there is a willingness which is currently missing.

It's simple-if the football on offer is consistently good, and looks like bringing the club some success, there will be an atmosphere. If it's constantly mediocre, there won't.

Good facilities for the Under 16s, maybe a couple of rooms for them? Under 12s room and a 13-16s room?

And keep the cheap kids tickets at £50 to attract local kids who want to support us?

:lol::lol::lol: I cant believe some people are saying they are going to stop watching their team due to the postcode of the new ground when it is built LMAO!!!!!

Quite clearly too young to remember when they were created, bearing no relation to the location they are in, simply the Sorting Offfice serving that area.

If Rochdale had had a bigger sorting office than Oldham, we could have been located in RD1 now.

Edited by singe

It's simple-if the football on offer is consistently good, and looks like bringing the club some success, there will be an atmosphere. If it's constantly mediocre, there won't.

It's not that simple. There are too many people who think that fans singing to create an atmosphere are a nuisance to them.

-Standing section charging £10. And that can easily be turned into seating on promotion to premiership/championship

-smoking section around back of stand, clearly marked "smoking area" so that even the thickest of none smokers can know were not to go

-Maybe have images of glorious moments/heroes from boundary park placed in certain areas of the new stadium

-more leg room in the seating area, im 6"5 and BP is awful to sit in.

-Standing section charging £10. And that can easily be turned into seating on promotion to premiership/championship

-smoking section around back of stand, clearly marked "smoking area" so that even the thickest of none smokers can know were not to go

-Maybe have images of glorious moments/heroes from boundary park placed in certain areas of the new stadium

-more leg room in the seating area, im 6"5 and BP is awful to sit in.

6'5''! Can you play centre half??

A 'Welcome to Oldham - we're not part of Manchester' sign.

:lol:

I'm not sure that you can have an official smoking area anywhere within the actual stadium.. :unsure:

all these so called smoking zones are in breach of ground regulations but are overlooked in many situations where you have an open area away from the pitch and away from the actual seats..eg Bristol Rovers A lot of this is down to the stewards discretion and as we all know if its not a possibility at some grounds, those who can't cope head to the bogs...which again is a breach of the regulations...

B)

• 2 weeks later...
Shift key seminars in the function rooms?

Why create another account? I beggared if I know...

He's trying to increase the OWTB membership numbers Matt. If you can't see that you're clearly lacking in ambition etc. etc. :wink: