I hate to say this...

...but i don't think we should have brought Gregan back, i'm a big greegs fan but i think he's just an easy 'solution' to a big problem. We conceded so many stupid goals last season that i find it hard to believe a new manager could look at our defence and think 'yeh ok we only need a couple of full backs'. He looked abit past it last season to be honest so i can only see it getting worse. Is it just me??? I havn't been to any of the pre season friendlies because im about £150 in the wrong and im going to have to beg steal and borrow to get to the first few games. So in all fairness he could be playing great. But i doubt it. Any one want to correct me??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but i don't think we should have brought Gregan back, i'm a big greegs fan but i think he's just an easy 'solution' to a big problem. We conceded so many stupid goals last season that i find it hard to believe a new manager could look at our defence and think 'yeh ok we only need a couple of full backs'. He looked abit past it last season to be honest so i can only see it getting worse. Is it just me??? I havn't been to any of the pre season friendlies because im about £150 in the wrong and im going to have to beg steal and borrow to get to the first few games. So in all fairness he could be playing great. But i doubt it. Any one want to correct me??

As another Gregan fan I agree completely, this season is one to many and it is increasingly looking like he's shot at our level. I can't believe that yet again we have left ourselves short!

06/07 Keeper, LB and Striker

07/08 LB, Creative Mid,

08/09 LB, creative mid

09/10 Keeper, at least two defenders

Why the fook do we sign 700 midfielders at the expense of other areas. I hope DP sorts something this week but I do think from what I have seen Greegs will be paid up by Christmas...

As another Gregan fan I agree completely, this season is one to many and it is increasingly looking like he's shot at our level. I can't believe that yet again we have left ourselves short!

07/08 LB, Creative Mid,

08/09 LB, creative mid

Why the fook do we sign 700 midfielders at the expense of other areas. I hope DP sorts something this week but I do think from what I have seen Greegs will be paid up by Christmas...

Told you so............

07/08 LB, Creative Mid,

08/09 LB, creative mid

Because our midfield last season was shocking. If it had stayed the same I would have bet on us getting relegated, it created no chances and offered no protection defensively. I do agree though that we are in need if another central defender. To be honest after the second half of last season it was pretty obvious that the whole team needed changing. Only Hereford a team which beat us 5 0 were below us in the form charts, very worrying!

I hope DP sorts something this week but I do think from what I have seen Greegs will be paid up by Christmas...

I was unhappy when Gregan was re-signed, but I'm not going to jump on the told-you-so handcart in which some think we're going to Hell.

I believe that if we had been playing Leeds last Saturday both Gregan and Hazell would have been outstanding. They have the ability to play well at this level but, for some unknown reason, they choose only to do so when they want to rise to the occasion. Consistency is required and, if their hearts are in the challenge ahead, we may still see them operating as a solid defensive partnership............

but I'm not holding my breath.

Because our midfield last season was shocking. If it had stayed the same I would have bet on us getting relegated, it created no chances and offered no protection defensively. I do agree though that we are in need if another central defender. To be honest after the second half of last season it was pretty obvious that the whole team needed changing. Only Hereford a team which beat us 5 0 were below us in the form charts, very worrying!

<Agent S calling in, Controller Gregan. Another one has fallen for you're "blaming-everyone-else" campaign, this one has posted "blame it on the midfield". You're plan is taking effect.> <I must report greater success with this campaign, than shouting at the defence and goalkeeper, anyone Controller Gregan.> <Out -till the next report>

As soon as we brought him back i began to scratch my head, always been a Gregan fan but our centre of defence last year was on the soft side so i don't see how with them being a year older that the same combination is going to much better!

Many were voting for him in last years MoM polls so he must have been doing something right.

MoM Polls from 2008/2009

<Agent S calling in, Controller Gregan. Another one has fallen for you're "blaming-everyone-else" campaign, this one has posted "blame it on the midfield". You're plan is taking effect.> <I must report greater success with this campaign, than shouting at the defence and goalkeeper, anyone Controller Gregan.> <Out -till the next report>

Did you even read my post? Or what it was refering to? Someone asked why we have bought in midfielders, I put because our midfield was crap. I also went on to say how I see the need for another CB and basically a full new team. What a bizzare reply! :blink:

I see your another one who cant grasp football is a team game. Of course Gregan makes mistakes, of course the other defenders do, but our whole team was a let down in terms of defending last year and yes that includes the midfield.

I like gregan but i dont think he has it anymore to be honest, doesnt look like the same gregan from 2 years back, at the mo latics fanss are really apreciative of what he did for us, but im afraid if he doesnt improve or leave in the upcoming season this idea of him will change into one of just another ex star looking for a pay cheque

I like gregan but i dont think he has it anymore to be honest, doesnt look like the same gregan from 2 years back, at the mo latics fanss are really apreciative of what he did for us, but im afraid if he doesnt improve or leave in the upcoming season this idea of him will change into one of just another ex star looking for a pay cheque

Im quite happy having Gregan and Hazell in the squad. It worries me that these are the first choice pair and there seems to be no competition or any pacy alternatives to call upon. They are both prone to making errors and who comes in if one of them gets injured. I think we will see another young CB come in this week.

Im quite happy having Gregan and Hazell in the squad. It worries me that these are the first choice pair and there seems to be no competition or any pacy alternatives to call upon. They are both prone to making errors and who comes in if one of them gets injured. I think we will see another young CB come in this week.

aye, it doesnt matter if you have the best intentions in the world, if you dont have competition your going to get lazy,

if i knew i could make 100 mistakes each day at work without getting replaced i wouldnt try as hard, and thats whats happening, for the past 2 seasons gregan and rubes only competition for the CB spots where players who were injured all the time, and when they werent injured they werent up to scratch

07/08 LB, Creative Mid,

08/09 LB, creative mid

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats a pity that, maybe DP saw something in training that he didnt like, I'm going have a guess on his laid back attitude. :disappointed:

Why keep the lad on the sidelines for all the friendlies though? He's under no obligation to sign him. If he isn't going to play, he may as well have been sent on his way.