Why are they moving the dugouts across the pitch?

As in

Fan: "Shez your :censored:"

Shez: "Shut up you muppett"

Its more than that though... you have 1500 voices or so coming from the main stand (Moaning/abusive or not!) ... moving over to the other side at least means the players know the only voices from that side will be from the management team... plus as has been said, fans are not "privileged" to hearing everyting that goes on between manager/player...

Have to say though.. If I was DP, I'd do exactly the same thing...

Guest sheridans_world

Maybe its so they can make them bigger to accomodate the seven subs we'll have this season? Five subs looked pretty cosy on those benches in the main stand so I cant imagine what seven subs would be like. There isnt any room to expand in the main stand so move them across the pitch. Makes sense, plenty of room over there.

Maybe its so they can make them bigger to accomodate the seven subs we'll have this season? Five subs looked pretty cosy on those benches in the main stand so I cant imagine what seven subs would be like. There isnt any room to expand in the main stand so move them across the pitch. Makes sense, plenty of room over there.

Probably hit the nail on the head, there.

I mean, who's going to want to sit on Gregan's knee? Mind you, we could probably get one on each knee. :grin:

Instruction-wise, it will be easier for Penney to be heard.

I don't agree with the 'fan abuse' line of thinking. That's just bordering on lunacy and wouldn't justify the costs involved.

That sounds quite plausible actually, I wish DP all the best but inevitably he will get some stick from the boo boys, I would like to hope not but you know what its like.

I can see some of those who used to tut-tut about Shez's words from the technical area will be returning their STs and applying to be ball-boys on the Broadway side. :grin:

I remember when they were at pitch level and JR always use to come legging it down those stairs (two steps at at a time) to make the changes verbally - no internal phones then down to the pitch.

Always remember one day JR having to pull Physio Ian Liversage (Tommy Ball look alike) back into the dug out after he was wound up once. Just remember this big hand getting hold of him by the scruff of the neck and yanking Liversidge back into the dugout...

Aww,,,bless the days even when our physio went OTT at game.

Well we will all see on Saturday won't we....ooooooooooooooooooo