Phil Ojapah -a rant from afc liverpool fan...

"Oldham nicked him for free from AFC Liverpool, as we can't afford to put players on contracts. Last I heard he was off to Stockport on trial but then apparently signed for Oldham.

He's a really nice lad and I wish him well with his career, but Oldham can f**k right off for not giving us a penny. Next time they have a talented youngster stolen by a Premiership club, I shall consider it karma. And they can keep their thieving hands off his brother David as well."

i replied to this saying if he wasn't under contract,how can we be accused of "thieving" him?

"you will find that when your promising players are "poached" by bigger clubs, those bigger clubs usually haven't broken any rules either. Doesn't stop regular (and IMO often justified) moaning from supporters of the lower division club. Of course a club the size of AFCL doesn't have players on contracts - our annual income is under £60k.

Oldham's actions are just the same as those of larger clubs who poach from them, just at a lower level and a smaller scale. Some small contribution would have been reasonable, nobody is expecting much.

Not sure why you feel a "f*ck..." comment is appropriate. Except, if that is the attitude of their fans let alone those who run the club, perhaps a "f*ck..." Oldham."

time of month? :grin:

"Oldham nicked him for free from AFC Liverpool, as we can't afford to put players on contracts. Last I heard he was off to Stockport on trial but then apparently signed for Oldham.

He's a really nice lad and I wish him well with his career, but Oldham can f**k right off for not giving us a penny. Next time they have a talented youngster stolen by a Premiership club, I shall consider it karma. And they can keep their thieving hands off his brother David as well."

i replied to this saying if he wasn't under contract,how can we be accused of "thieving" him?

"you will find that when your promising players are "poached" by bigger clubs, those bigger clubs usually haven't broken any rules either. Doesn't stop regular (and IMO often justified) moaning from supporters of the lower division club. Of course a club the size of AFCL doesn't have players on contracts - our annual income is under £60k.

Oldham's actions are just the same as those of larger clubs who poach from them, just at a lower level and a smaller scale. Some small contribution would have been reasonable, nobody is expecting much.

Not sure why you feel a "f*ck..." comment is appropriate. Except, if that is the attitude of their fans let alone those who run the club, perhaps a "f*ck..." Oldham."

Scousers throwing about accusations of theft. Quality.

He is talking out of his Aris.

firstly, like you said he was not under contract, 2ndly there might be some arrangement like play a friendly etc.

Thirdly any other non league club could out a 7 day approach on him,a dn signed him anyway.

THE FA SEVEN DAY APPROACH RULE.

(A) You want to speak to or approach a player signed with another club about signing for you.

A manager wishing to speak to a play about joining their team, when the player is already registered with another team, MUST ask their club secretary to write to the secretary of the players current club given seven days' formal written notice of their intention to speak to the player.

This written notice must be sent by special delivery or recorded post or a written acknowledgment otherwise obtained from the secretary or chairman of the player's current club (fax or e-mails may be used provided a receipt of acknowledgement is also obtained).

Once this has been done, the player can be spoken to on or after the eighth day and the player must be registered on or before the 21st day.

If the player declines your offer to leave their current team and join your team then you cannot approach them again in the same season (the FA season is from 1st July to 31st May).

You can only approach one player in the same team at any one time.

You cannot approach another player in the same team within 28 days.

(B) You are approached directly by a player or indirectly about a player signing for you that is already signed to another club.

When a player desires a transfer, the club the player wishes to transfer to shall submit a transfer from to the Registration Secretary accompanied by a fee of £5. The transfer shall be referred by the Registration Secretary to the club for which the player is registered. Should this club object to the transfer, it should state its objections in writing to the Registration Secretary and to the player concerned within seven days of receipt of the transfer form. Upon receipt of the club's consent or upon its failure to give written objection within seven days, the Registration Secretary may, on behalf of the Management Committee, transfer the player who shall be deemed eligible to play for the new club from such date or 14 days after receipt of the transfer.

In the event of an objection to a transfer, the matter shall be referred to the Management Committee for a decision.

A club which is the subject of a complaint alleging failure to give notice in accordance with the FA rules can be subject to a charge of misconduct under FA Rule E1(B). Therefore all instances of this rule being breached need to be raised by your Club Secretary with your County FA.

Edited by singe

I think we should get his brother too..... :devilish:

Edited by LaticsPete

Shouldn't he be hiding murder weapons in his loft?

He is talking out of his Aris.

firstly, like you said he was not under contract, 2ndly there might be some arrangement like play a friendly etc.

Thirdly any other non league club could out a 7 day approach on him,a dn signed him anyway.

THE FA SEVEN DAY APPROACH RULE.

(A) You want to speak to or approach a player signed with another club about signing for you.

A manager wishing to speak to a play about joining their team, when the player is already registered with another team, MUST ask their club secretary to write to the secretary of the players current club given seven days' formal written notice of their intention to speak to the player.

This written notice must be sent by special delivery or recorded post or a written acknowledgment otherwise obtained from the secretary or chairman of the player's current club (fax or e-mails may be used provided a receipt of acknowledgement is also obtained).

Once this has been done, the player can be spoken to on or after the eighth day and the player must be registered on or before the 21st day.

If the player declines your offer to leave their current team and join your team then you cannot approach them again in the same season (the FA season is from 1st July to 31st May).

You can only approach one player in the same team at any one time.

You cannot approach another player in the same team within 28 days.

(B) You are approached directly by a player or indirectly about a player signing for you that is already signed to another club.

When a player desires a transfer, the club the player wishes to transfer to shall submit a transfer from to the Registration Secretary accompanied by a fee of £5. The transfer shall be referred by the Registration Secretary to the club for which the player is registered. Should this club object to the transfer, it should state its objections in writing to the Registration Secretary and to the player concerned within seven days of receipt of the transfer form. Upon receipt of the club's consent or upon its failure to give written objection within seven days, the Registration Secretary may, on behalf of the Management Committee, transfer the player who shall be deemed eligible to play for the new club from such date or 14 days after receipt of the transfer.

In the event of an objection to a transfer, the matter shall be referred to the Management Committee for a decision.

A club which is the subject of a complaint alleging failure to give notice in accordance with the FA rules can be subject to a charge of misconduct under FA Rule E1(B). Therefore all instances of this rule being breached need to be raised by your Club Secretary with your County FA.

So 15 days until we nick his brother too... :grin:

Edited by oafcprozac

lol..he is now complaining that latics could have given afc liverpool some football " as a goodwill gesture"!! why?

it wasn't underhand or untoward,so why??

typical scouser..always wanting something extra which isn't deserving.

i know this guy personally(know him only,but definitely no mate of mine!) and he really gets uptight over the tiniest things,

and someone who considers being shafted on a daily basis isn't some you can reason with.

his classic one..ex season ticket holder at liverpool..stopped going because he was being shafted by the owners!

hello..real world here!!!

lol..he is now complaining that latics could have given afc liverpool some football " as a goodwill gesture"!! why?

it wasn't underhand or untoward,so why??

typical scouser..always wanting something extra which isn't deserving.

i know this guy personally(know him only,but definitely no mate of mine!) and he really gets uptight over the tiniest things,

and someone who considers being shafted on a daily basis isn't some you can reason with.

his classic one..ex season ticket holder at liverpool..stopped going because he was being shafted by the owners!

hello..real world here!!!

Ah, the world owes him a living type.

He'll probably expect you to preoanlly ask Dave Penney for the "gifts" too!

There'll be no reasoning with him then!