More stadium opposition in the Chron

This is going to be a long haul folks!

NIMBYS

To be honest though, can I be arsed fighting for this? After all the work we put into fighting the council last time for TTA to simply bin the scheme? Not sure i'm all that arsed...

It maybe a long haul, but to accuse the TTA of simply binning the scheme is a little harsh. If this apathy spreads and I was one of the TTA then I would consider walking because from my view the council haven't helped our cause and if the fans begin sniping then what have they left. Where will the club be then as I don't see a queue of serious investors(John Wardle maybe.....)

They haven't the capital nor the asset to redevelop BP, We need toaccept this is where we are and support moves to enhance the club not allow it to further stagnate. I don't particularly want to move but as most can see BP is not an environment that without a huge cash injection can take us forward.

NIMBYS

To be honest though, can I be arsed fighting for this? After all the work we put into fighting the council last time for TTA to simply bin the scheme? Not sure i'm all that arsed...

Similar feelings here... I wont be doing any marching etc...

More than likely, it will be the apathy and not the Nimbys that puts the skids under the new stadium proposal.

We have to accept that BP is not going to be redeveloped, we can't stay in it with the state that it is in, we either move on or wither and die.

Similar feelings here... I wont be doing any marching etc...

Jeez, I'm glad you guys aren't on the board.

NIMBYS

And more emotive, crap journalism. "Bombarded" with criticism? Some but hardly a bombardment. If there are letters of support have Latics been "bombarded" with support?

Jeez, I'm glad you guys aren't on the board.

Why? We'd have an effective commercial and marketing department. The scoreboard would be working. I wouldn't have knocked down the Lookers Stand in a blatant attempt to convince people it wasn't cost effective, but also forcing people to pay more for their season tickets. I wouldn't change the kit every year, I wouldn't criticise my customers year after year and I certainly wouldn't be looking into the feasibility of changing the club's name.

Oh and I'd actually consult the fans en masse about the new ground, not offer a like it or lump it option...

PS I'd also clean the bird :censored: up out of the Chaddy End...and Wellens and Porter would've been offered new deals BEFORE Christmas 2006, in short i'd be pro-active instead of the many token gestures we've had to endure over the last 5 years, BUT TTA saved us didn't they? Let's be honest how much better off are we?

We were skint and in admin for most of 03/04 but still managed mid-table. Where are we realistically likely to finish this season?

Cue TTA hero-worship...

NIMBYS

And there in lies the apathy

More than likely, it will be the apathy and not the Nimbys that puts the skids under the new stadium proposal.

We have to accept that BP is not going to be redeveloped, we can't stay in it with the state that it is in, we either move on or wither and die.

If latics move to Failsworth/Manchester/Newton Heath, we will wither and die. A crap, tiny stadium, right on the doorstep of the richest club in the world where we have virtually no support in the local area.

If latics move to Failsworth/Manchester/Newton Heath, we will wither and die. A crap, tiny stadium, right on the doorstep of the richest club in the world where we have virtually no support in the local area.

Thats scaremongering to the extreme and has no basis in fact, it's an 11 min car journey from the current ground, even less from our heartlands in Chadderton, you could even say it's on the same road as the current ground, 10-15 mins from the town centre and will be served by numerous buses from many directions and a brand new metro system making it easier to get to than the current ground.

As for the closeness to COMS and the effect that will have on us, walking around town yesterday the majority of kids had the brand new City shirt on, It will effect us wherever we go.

Thats scaremongering to the extreme and has no basis in fact, it's an 11 min car journey from the current ground, even less from our heartlands in Chadderton, you could even say it's on the same road as the current ground, 10-15 mins from the town centre and will be served by numerous buses from many directions and a brand new metro system making it easier to get to than the current ground.

As for the closeness to COMS and the effect that will have on us, walking around town yesterday the majority of kids had the brand new City shirt on, It will effect us wherever we go.

A pretty compelling case for the move.

Now there is a big need to manage the situation and expectations with Failwsowrth locals and other interested parties. I think the Club need to employ somebody on a full time basis to do this, or the project could disappear in the dace of a "save the allotment" campaign or the discovery of the "snoutheaded hognewt" etc etc.