• Keigan Parker
    • Chris Taylor
    • Alex Marrow
    • Peter Gilbert
    • Danny Whitaker
    • Lewis Alessandra
    • Darren Byfield

Guest sheridans_world

Furman for me. Looked good a caused problems for 70 minutes.

Parker should have stayed on the pitch, he was causing problems. Byfield set me on the road to changing my opinion about him, I still dont rate him but if he gets a few games under his belt he might actually look like a striker. Mention for Holdsworth and Worthington too.

To all who voted Furman. A fella sat behind me near the end said "...that number 14 for us is clucking shiiite". God I love our support.

Worthy for me, gonna be a legend.

I can understand why Greegs is winning it, BUT it was too easy against a very toothless Stockport side. Let's see how well the chuckle brothers do in the three upcoming away games.

First sight of the new players this season and very impressed with the Furball/Worthie partnership in the middle, with Furman edging it for me as our best player. I also liked the look of Abbott and Parker up front.

The disappointing players for me were Taylor and Holdsworth, neither of whom offered anything from wide positions which left Parker pulling out wide.

A couple of players also need a special mention from me:

1) Whittaker who showed us what Taylor should have been doing on the wing and attacking Stockport in their box.

and

2) Gregan, although with Hazell and Brill had an easy game, did everything required of him in his usual manner but he did do one outstanding tackle and two outstanding passes in the second half. (There you go, credit given without gritted teeth).

And which lunatics gave votes to Byfield, Taylor and Brill?

Edited by mikejh45

Makes me laugh how Gregan can fart and win MOTM. Not saying he didn't play well yesterday...he did everything I'd expect against a team who came to play in 2/3rd's of the pitch...MOTM was clearly Furman who was all over the park and would've probably bagged goal of the season already but for a World class save.

MOTM was clearly Furman who was all over the park and would've probably bagged goal of the season already but for a World class save.

I wouldn't say clearly. Thought it was between him and Abbott myself. Furman edges it, because he was centre of everything that was good about our play, but Abbott had a sparkling debut, and caused them lots of problems.

I wouldn't say clearly. Thought it was between him and Abbott myself. Furman edges it, because he was centre of everything that was good about our play, but Abbott had a sparkling debut, and caused them lots of problems.

Plumpted for Abbott myself; great performance. Special mentions to Furman & Worthy; thought :censored: did well too.

Makes me laugh how Gregan can fart and win MOTM. Not saying he didn't play well yesterday...he did everything I'd expect against a team who came to play in 2/3rd's of the pitch...MOTM was clearly Furman who was all over the park and would've probably bagged goal of the season already but for a World class save.

Disagree re: Furman he played well in the second-half but had a quiet first-half, agree about his volley, the save matched it. Worthy gets it for me for a solid performance throughout the 90 minutes including the ropey collective first half-hour. However, after seeing the highlights it really was the Pav show!

Agree re: Greegs, I'm one of his biggest fans but that was too easy for him, as I say let's see how well he does in the three upcoming away games. As for Chuckle junior, he still had a couple of nervy moments particularly when facing his own goal - as Greegs pointed out to him on the opening day last season "Get rid" he insists on making risky pass-backs and headers.

Edited by oafcprozac

I can see why many voted for Furman but in my opinion his performance was only worthy of MOTM for 60 minutes. Gregan on the other hand bossed it throughout. I assume those saying it was "too easy for him" against a £100k League 1 striker also voted him MOTM? :unsure:

Fair play to Mike for giving credit where it's due......it must have been difficult. :wink:

EDIT: No striker who spurns 2 points by going for glory in the last minute deserves that many MOTM votes. Gregan, for example, has been crucified on here (with some calling for him to be dropped) for solitary and costly mistakes during otherwise decent performances. Abbot was guilty of just that on Saturday.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

It was Stockport's tactics that had more to do with it than the quality of their striker.

Gregan gave a captain's performance, barely put a foot wrong, but was rarely put under anything you'd remotely call pressure and will have much more difficult games to come - starting tomorrow night.