Latics player

Guest sheridans_world
I wish they hadn't changed the name of that thing. Which monkey thought up the name 'Latics Player'?! Its very confusing and annoying.

PTV - it's being adervtised at all football clubs that use PTV hosting and websites.

Its stupid.

I sort of know what he means, when you read the official home page you think it is talking about signing a player or something.

Latics Player talks

Penney speaks to Latics player

Latics Player Live

Maybe it should be called LaticsPlayer or ro distinguish it.

But yes very minor in the scale of things

I sort of know what he means, when you read the official home page you think it is talking about signing a player or something.

Latics Player talks

Latics Player Live

I know it is I was just winding up Masked Owl :grin:

Latics Player talks

Latics Player Live

I understand where your coming from, but in the past, the official site tended to say the players name in caps rather than simply refer them as "Latics Player".

It's annoying though isn't it? When it says "Penney talks to Latics Player", I keep thinking "well I hope he bloody does. How will he get things like tactics across to them otherwise?"

John Terry says that Capello sometimes uses the haridryer, you kinda imagine him trying to speak thorough it a like megaphone, but ina shouty voice as it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by singe

To be honest, from a marketing perspective it's an awful name. At least with Latics World, you instantly knew what it was, but with Player it means more than one thing and holds a mixed message.

I agree with what your saying, but there can be flaws with anything in that aspect where a minority will dislike it ot become confused by it. But addtionally, its not as confusing as made out as the official site would always include the players name in article titles rather than be vague and simply say they speak to a "Latics Player".

I agree with what your saying, but there can be flaws with anything in that aspect where a minority will dislike it ot become confused by it. But addtionally, its not as confusing as made out as the official site would always include the players name in article titles rather than be vague and simply say they speak to a "Latics Player".

No, what I mean is initially you're going to get a bit of crossed wires about it. Until you click on it and realise of course Dave Penney had had a video interview. If you're branding something, you should have NO confusion whatsoever about it.

"Sign up for Player" looks like we're signing a player. It's an irritating naming flaw, nothing to go OTT about like. I think webmonkey Ackey ought to use better terminology such as "Penney gives his thoughts on our Player service" rather than something like "Penney talks to Player" to avoid this issue completely.

No, what I mean is initially you're going to get a bit of crossed wires about it. Until you click on it and realise of course Dave Penney had had a video interview. If you're branding something, you should have NO confusion whatsoever about it.

"Sign up for Player" looks like we're signing a player. It's an irritating naming flaw, nothing to go OTT about like. I think webmonkey Ackey ought to use better terminology such as "Penney gives his thoughts on our Player service" rather than something like "Penney talks to Player" to avoid this issue completely.

Yeah I know, but what I'm saying is there will always be someone who is confused through a message. Its part and parcel of it, with it being very hard to create the perfect message. No doubt people were confused with the "Latics World" concept when it first started, but people get used to it.

I agree with what your saying that there is nothing to go OTT about because there isn't. I think just a little common sense on understanding the terminology in place is also required though, because you'd never expect a Penney Talks to Player article on the site, with Penney sat there actually talking to a player. IF we ever had an article like that, I'm very sure the article would refer to the player in name, such as "Penney talks to Furman", than leaving it in the air simply calling him a "player".

Anyone elses jump every few seconds or freeze?

It freezes on me as well. Very annoying when watching highlights. I've changed the settings to maximum, but it's still no better. Before I was able to download the file and play it back in Windows player and it was much better. Once again they've upgraded and made it worse, just like "Rivals " did, and we all know what happened to that. People will not put up with this and the club will lose much needed income.