Charlton 10th Oct 2009 Away

Decent prices can be had from Man Pic to Euston that day. I've booked. Can the London lads now explain best way and how to The Valley from there? or better still will anyone be going that way.

Edited by Lags

Decent prices can be had from Man Pic to Euston that day. I've booked. Can the London lads now explain best way and how to The Valley from there? or better still will anyone be going that way.

Not sure about transport across the smaoke, but I'm sure 1 or more of the London boys will fill you in (with the details)

What prices have you managed to get?

Cheers,

Harry

From Euston, Northern Line tube to London Bridge (should take about 20 mins).

From London Bridge, train to Charlton (another 20 mins).

Edited by JoeP

Me and a mate are making a weekend of it with the wives and kids - they can go to a show on saturday afternoon.

Train down on friday evening, back on sunday evening - about £60 for all 8 of us with a family railcard. Travellodge at southwark for £75 a family room per night incl brekkie.

Wouldn't mind meeting up with a few others for a couple of beers pre-match; any suggestions of decent boozers near the valley?

Basically the journey is pretty straightforward.

About 40-60 mins ish allow a bit more if you want to be comfortable.

Euston to London Bridge is via the Northern Line City Branch to Morden via Bank (it is do able- if you go wrong-as that goes via Charing Croos but it is longer)

This should be about 20-25 mins "door to door" comfortably.

At London Bridge go for the South Eastern trains to Dartford. Take care as London Bridge is one of the stataions that has other services. Normally platforms 1-4. Allow about 20 mins , but if you are luckly there will be a train, I think they are about every 20 mins.

Station is close by about 5-10 mins walk.

Transport Direct

SouthEastern timeteable

Hope it helps

Not sure about transport across the smaoke, but I'm sure 1 or more of the London boys will fill you in (with the details)

What prices have you managed to get?

Cheers,

Harry

we got £20.30 return for adult and it was £5.70 return for my lad H, that was usin our friends and family rail card

It's probably worth mentioning that this is an international weekend.

I don't know whether Charlton have any internationals, but if they do, the game could well be postponed.

Even if they don't, England are playing a qualifier in the Ukraine that day which could lead to a change in kick-off time/day.

It may well be the case that it's a 3pm Saturday kick off as expected but please consider that you are taking a gamble if you book train tickets

Does this mean

12pm in The George

2.30 train to Darftford

3.15 into The Valley

5pm leave The Valley

5.30pm in The George

8pm out in Clapham?

You know it makes sense!!

I'd actually quite like to be at the ground on time for this one... not "Oasis time" as above....

.. better meet at the George at 11am then... :naughty:

I don't know why you guys insist on meeting at the George. It's at least 50p a pint more expensive than the Southwark Tavern, which is 50 yards up the road.

The Big Tits Club were having their AGM there before the match this week. Worth a couple of quid of my money any day of the week.

I don't know why you guys insist on meeting at the George. It's at least 50p a pint more expensive than the Southwark Tavern, which is 50 yards up the road.

Compare and contrast.

The George Inn:

http://www.pubs.com/pub_details.cfm?ID=187

The Southwark Tavern:

http://www.thesouthwarktavern.co.uk/

Compare and contrast.

The George Inn:

http://www.pubs.com/pub_details.cfm?ID=187

The Southwark Tavern:

http://www.thesouthwarktavern.co.uk/

Quite. No contest. One's an olde worlde tourist trap selling overpriced, mediocre-quality beer, the other's a vibrant place near Borough Market that has a cheaper, broader range of better beers. I know where I'd rather go.

Quite. No contest. One's an olde worlde tourist trap selling overpriced, mediocre-quality beer, the other's a vibrant place near Borough Market that has a cheaper, broader range of better beers. I know where I'd rather go.

Booked £30 apiece...hope it's not re-arranged now!

The place with the big tits?

Booked a month ago got 2 single tickets at £8 each nearest station is Charlton Park to the ground.