news just in..Taylor leaving & Sol Campbell signs for Notts County

footballrumours.com

Leeds united yesterday agreed a fee with oldham athletic for winger chris taylor said to be around 450k.

taylor and his agent are travelling over to thorpe arch this morning for talks,leeds hope to have a deal in place before the colchester game.

from a source close to colchester manager dave penny! :lol::lol:

footballrumours.com

Leeds united yesterday agreed a fee with oldham athletic for winger chris taylor said to be around 450k.

taylor and his agent are travelling over to thorpe arch this morning for talks,leeds hope to have a deal in place before the colchester game.

from a source close to colchester manager dave penny! :lol::lol:

Colchester manager Dave Penn(e)y?

Anyway, I heard Sol Campbell was close to agreeing terms at Notts County. Surreal!

How much truth in the whole Taylor matter there is I don't know but I was speaking to a mate who is a leeds fan yesterday, he says that Taylor had a medical but failed, he did only say it was a rumour though, but he had heard it from more than one person, i checked the leeds forum last night, one poster off here from last weekend, who heard from the guy who was sat in front of him, that post was the initial starter for another 4 pages of debating whether CT was worth a mill and who else they should bring in, was on waccoe.

Notts haven't conceded a goal in open play yet, so if it all goes pear-shaped it's bound to be Sol's fault. :grin:

They are playing a dangerous game here Notts County, Campbell has signed a 5 year deal!!!! A bit ridiculous for a 34 year old I think!!!! If their money man takes his ball home like ours did the contract for Campbell could send them bankrupt!!! Plus it's not gonna do muck for team spirit with most of the side on £1200 a week or whatever and then him on £40K a week!

They are playing a dangerous game here Notts County, Campbell has signed a 5 year deal!!!! A bit ridiculous for a 34 year old I think!!!! If their money man takes his ball home like ours did the contract for Campbell could send them bankrupt!!! Plus it's not gonna do muck for team spirit with most of the side on £1200 a week or whatever and then him on £40K a week!

Its actually even more than that.

But I agree, a very dangerous game that will make or break them in disastrous fashion. However he can't be on that wage for all 5 years surely? Perhaps a wage reduction as each season passes. If not, paying a 39 yr old in years to come a wage like that is stupid!

Regarding team spirit, many of the players are now going to come out saying "i want more money". Its inevitable. Lee Hughes will be onto his agent as we speak :wink:

Its actually even more than that.

But I agree, a very dangerous game that will make or break them in disastrous fashion. However he can't be on that wage for all 5 years surely? Perhaps a wage reduction as each season passes. If not, paying a 39 yr old in years to come a wage like that is stupid!

Regarding team spirit, many of the players are now going to come out saying "i want more money". Its inevitable. Lee Hughes will be onto his agent as we speak :wink:

another one of my ex idols shown in his true light,

it used to be about career, now its just money,

given the option of league 2 or prem it used to be prem all the way because its better football and better career,

shows that they are not in it for the football anymore just for the pay cheque

true footballers would stay in the premiership and keep their career going at the top for as long as possible

when hes about 60 and showing his grandkids his medals what is he gonna show them from notts county? a bank statement?

given the option of league 2 or prem it used to be prem all the way because its better football and better career,

true footballers would stay in the premiership and keep their career going at the top for as long as possible

when hes about 60 and showing his grandkids his medals what is he gonna show them from notts county? a bank statement?

Granted it was for a better team but Sol has already shown himself to be up for a move against the grain of what you'd consider best practice in return for the cash.

He'd have more fans in Nottingham as the female to male population ratio is reputed to be 5:1.

Surely an invitation for passers by to indulge in cheap homophobia, Mr Sideburns? :wink:

I'm sorry are you surprised, Sol Campbell took the money to move from Tottenham to Arsenal (OK he won some stuff at the Gunners, but he took the money). He took the money to go to Pompey and when Pompey wouldn't pay his ridiculous wage demands (£40k a week outside the Prem is :censored: ridiculous, and in the Prem for someone of Sol Campbell's quality isn't that cheap either) he went somewhere that could afford to pay him that. He wasn't going to get that sort of wage anywhere else, he was never going to be bought by someone capable of winning anything big, unless he was a big time reserve, in which case he might not have got the medal and he doesn't need Premiership football to get into the England squad (as he isn't getting in that now). So what does he do- he doesn't want to retire, no one bar Notts County are going to pay him that sort of cash for that long so he goes to Notts County. I know he doesn't need the money, (don't think he ever married any of his 'girlfriends' and I don't think he has kids) but a prospective £10 million (I doubt it will end up being that much but you never know) can make people think less about any principles they might have.

I'm sorry are you surprised, Sol Campbell took the money to move from Tottenham to Arsenal (OK he won some stuff at the Gunners, but he took the money). He took the money to go to Pompey and when Pompey wouldn't pay his ridiculous wage demands (£40k a week outside the Prem is :censored: ridiculous, and in the Prem for someone of Sol Campbell's quality isn't that cheap either) he went somewhere that could afford to pay him that. He wasn't going to get that sort of wage anywhere else, he was never going to be bought by someone capable of winning anything big, unless he was a big time reserve, in which case he might not have got the medal and he doesn't need Premiership football to get into the England squad (as he isn't getting in that now). So what does he do- he doesn't want to retire, no one bar Notts County are going to pay him that sort of cash for that long so he goes to Notts County. I know he doesn't need the money, (don't think he ever married any of his 'girlfriends' and I don't think he has kids) but a prospective £10 million (I doubt it will end up being that much but you never know) can make people think less about any principles they might have.

aye but the other transfers where all in and around the premiership, top of english football and he had other offers from premiership clubs, ah well everyone else is doin it, just goes to show money talks more than the game itself these days

aye but the other transfers where all in and around the premiership, top of english football and he had other offers from premiership clubs, ah well everyone else is doin it, just goes to show money talks more than the game itself these days

I wouldn't say everyone is doing it TBH - I'll bet dozens of top pros have knocked Citeh back despite big money offers. To drop 4 divisions though is just ridiculous. Bet he goes mad and doesn't see two seasons out with them.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Looks like he's being brought in before Notts play the Brewers. B)

On the Cambell deal, does anybody know how county can obviously pay these big wages when there is supposed to be a limit on pay governed by the clubs turnover.

On the Cambell deal, does anybody know how county can obviously pay these big wages when there is supposed to be a limit on pay governed by the clubs turnover.

I was wondering the same thing I'm pretty sure they have a salary cap in league 2 but they'll give them a big fat signing on fee, £50k for Sol apparently and a 5 year contracts.

Big signing on fee that's not classed as an ongoing wage?

Two other possibilities:

1) The wage cap only stopped the owners funding wages through Director's loans - so if they just give the club money it counts as income

2) It seemed like a good idea but the clubs ignored it so the authorities let it slide.