Goalkeeping coaching

dont know how you can say the first was his fault at all we should have had a man on the post fair enouh he would be playing everyone onside but we wouldnt have conceded the goal secondly ruebens fault not brills he got a hand to it just not strong enough dont forget he has just moved from london must be difficult for the lad not sayin he is the best keeper we have had but lets get behind him

dont know how you can say the first was his fault at all we should have had a man on the post fair enouh he would be playing everyone onside but we wouldnt have conceded the goal secondly ruebens fault not brills he got a hand to it just not strong enough dont forget he has just moved from london must be difficult for the lad not sayin he is the best keeper we have had but lets get behind him

I agree, lets not turn on one player its a team effort at the end of the day and I am concerned at the sheer lack of fire powe up front myself...

dont know how you can say the first was his fault at all we should have had a man on the post

Name a team that currently puts players on the post for free kicks 30-35 yards from goal? It doesn't happen.

fair enouh he would be playing everyone onside but we wouldnt have conceded the goal

No, but the forward on the six yard line would have banged in the rebound. If there's no defender on the post then there's no forward on the six yard line.

Get real. I'm sure Brill will admit he made 2 basic errors. (1) His wall needed at least 3 in it and possibly 4 players in it. (2) His positioning was poor. The only two things a goalkeeper has to sort out are his wall and his positioning. He failed on both.

secondly ruebens fault not brills he got a hand to it just not strong enough dont forget he has just moved from london must be difficult for the lad not sayin he is the best keeper we have had but lets get behind him

I don't think anyone's blaming Brill for the second.

Look, we've got a goalkeeper playing first team football who looks awful coming for crosses and has just cost his side points with basic errors on a free kick. He's got a lot of work to do to convince me that he should remain in the first team. DP may have different ideas, but my initial instinct is that we've replaced a decent goalie with promise (Fleming) with a turkey. I've only seen him play twice though.

If Dean Brill is reading this, prove me wrong mate.

Edited by opinions4u

I do. It was.

E4e

ENDOF

Sometimes a manager just as to hold up his hands and say I've got this one wrong. Dean Brill is indeed a turkey. He doesn't come off his line much and when he does he drops it. Not a great shot stopper and his kicking is hit and miss. Pay him up NOW.

Sometimes a manager just as to hold up his hands and say I've got this one wrong. Dean Brill is indeed a turkey. He doesn't come off his line much and when he does he drops it. Not a great shot stopper and his kicking is hit and miss. Pay him up NOW.

Chris Day MKII, said after he was beaten twice at his near post at Halifax. He flapped at everything yesterday - it seems everyone called their equaliser due to his pisspoor positioning and how can a guy be improved by a coach that was a pisspoor keeper himself?

Name a team that currently puts players on the post for free kicks 30-35 yards from goal? It doesn't happen.

No, but the forward on the six yard line would have banged in the rebound. If there's no defender on the post then there's no forward on the six yard line.

Get real. I'm sure Brill will admit he made 2 basic errors. (1) His wall needed at least 3 in it and possibly 4 players in it. (2) His positioning was poor. The only two things a goalkeeper has to sort out are his wall and his positioning. He failed on both.

I don't think anyone's blaming Brill for the second.

Look, we've got a goalkeeper playing first team football who looks awful coming for crosses and has just cost his side points with basic errors on a free kick. He's got a lot of work to do to convince me that he should remain in the first team. DP may have different ideas, but my initial instinct is that we've replaced a decent goalie with promise (Fleming) with a turkey. I've only seen him play twice though.

If Dean Brill is reading this, prove me wrong mate.

in the first half the same lad had a shot 35 yards out and we had gilbert on the line mate it hit gregan i think and we cleared so we obv do!! it was obv he was gonna shoot because they were winning :censored: all in the air and had a shot in the first half!! yes he flapped at 2 yesterday but they didnt lead to goals (this time)

Chris Day MKII, said after he was beaten twice at his near post at Halifax. He flapped at everything yesterday - it seems everyone called their equaliser due to his pisspoor positioning and how can a guy be improved by a coach that was a pisspoor keeper himself?

How can a manager who was a piss poor player coach a team of superstars to glory?

How can a manager who was a piss poor player coach a team of superstars to glory?

Penney played in the top flight with Derby and Oxford. Collett's highlight was being Bristol Rover's number 2 in the third division. Crossley was increasingly past it but has a wealth of experience as a coach - was it a mistake to lose that knowledge in favour of a n ex-lower league keeper who played less than 250 games in his career. Anyone who bins a decent youg keeper in favour of one who averages conceding 2 goals a game (look at his Luton stats) and has hardly kept a clean sheet in his career AND has been relegated in each of the last three seasons is feckin' mad!

Penney played in the top flight with Derby and Oxford. Collett's highlight was being Bristol Rover's number 2 in the third division. Crossley was increasingly past it but has a wealth of experience as a coach - was it a mistake to lose that knowledge in favour of a n ex-lower league keeper who played less than 250 games in his career. Anyone who bins a decent youg keeper in favour of one who averages conceding 2 goals a game (look at his Luton stats) and has hardly kept a clean sheet in his career AND has been relegated in each of the last three seasons is feckin' mad!

It matters not what a coach did as a player just as it matter not what a manager did as a player, it's about how good they are at the job.

Your really struggling with theses beating sticks, just come out with the big one and say Penny out, you know you want to.

It matters not what a coach did as a player just as it matter not what a manager did as a player, it's about how good they are at the job.

So how do we know if a goalkeeping coach is good at his job ?

Edited by BP1960

Your really struggling with theses beating sticks, just come out with the big one and say Penny out, you know you want to.

:lol:

So how do we know if a goalkeeping coach is good at his job ?

Exactly...it's beyond I'll swear black is white coco that one...same problems Brown had with Pogs (didn't rate him told me so himself) and binned him in favour of Day. Within 4 months we'd signed Grant after we realised that Day was worse than Pogs. I expect the same to happen with Brill, I might have only played as an amateur but played in goal for 20 years + and I know a duck egg when I see one.

Fleming's the best young keeper we've had since Goram. Brill is a poor keeper same sort of standard as Blayney, Day, Miskelly etc.. such a shame that we've had some cracking keepers at BP over the years but we've signed a dud.

Is there something in the Southern water? Keeley, Day, Brill, Mawson etc...

Edited by oafcprozac

Exactly...it's beyond I'll swear black is white coco that one...same problems Brown had with Pogs (didn't rate him told me so himself) and binned him in favour of Day. Within 4 months we'd signed Grant after we realised that Day was worse than Pogs. I expect the same to happen with Brill, I might have only played as an amateur but played in goal for 20 years + and I know a duck egg when I see one.

And why are goalkeeping coaches needed at international level, what has Ray Clemence taught David James ?

And why are goalkeeping coaches needed at international level, what has Ray Clemence taught David James ?

That's a difficult one, on his day James is the best English keeper by a mile, if anything someone like Seaman should be involved rather than someone who retired in the late 80s - and has never played in a game with the backpass rule. The game has moved on so much since Clemence retired he was a good player in his day but played on far too long and I always remembered him for the back end of his career when he had a tendency to dive after the ball had hit the net!

If Brill improves over the season we know that Collett is coaching him well, if as I suspect it will be downhill all the way what do we do? Well for one Kaziemerczak should get a full game against Accrington.

One question, who's coached Brill to stand where he does for set-pieces?

That's a difficult one, on his day James is the best English keeper by a mile, if anything someone like Seaman should be involved rather than someone who retired in the late 80s - and has never played in a game with the backpass rule. The game has moved on so much since Clemence retired he was a good player in his day but played on far too long and I always remembered him for the back end of his career when he had a tendency to dive after the ball had hit the net!

If Brill improves over the season we know that Collett is coaching him well, if as I suspect it will be downhill all the way what do we do? Well for one Kaziemerczak should get a full game against Accrington.

One question, who's coached Brill to stand where he does for set-pieces?

Thats what it is! Its all a ploy so IF he does get better, he can say he is a great coach! :wink:

I think PK (i've given up on spelling his name!) should be given a crack now.

Edited by ste1987

I thought he was referring to ferguson, mourinho, wenger....