Suprise Suprise

Guest sheridans_world

really??

a load of knobheads ballooning - hardly a punch thrown from what I've seen.

outside on the other hand :shock:

Yes really.

Not sure if you were watching the same images as me - the scenes on sky news (not sky sports news) showed plenty of 'balloning' but during one of the invasions a right nasty tear up developed on the far side bi-line and stand next to it with loads of punches and kicks visible.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes really.

Not sure if you were watching the same images as me - the scenes on sky news (not sky sports news) showed plenty of 'balloning' but during one of the invasions a right nasty tear up developed on the far side bi-line and stand next to it with loads of punches and kicks visible.

I saw that on sky news aswell

The most incredible bit I heard was when Phil Thompson was describing the first pitch invasion as he was covering it on Sky Sports, and he said that one West Ham fan ran up to Carlton Cole, put his arm round him and tried to have his picture taken with him!

Just finished 3-1. More pitch invasions. By the sound of it all the trouble inside the ground was from west ham 'fans' so considering its West Ham I doubt the FA will do owt.

They don't do owt even if it's Millwall, when we won there the other year coins were raining down on the pitch (some landing quite close to the referee) and we never heard a single thing about it.

Massive fines and making then play games behind closed doors would for me be the best course of action.

Simply put...as far as the commentary went on Laticsplayer, nobody once said they were singing murderer at him and unless anyone who was there states they were, it's all a load of bollocks!

I was there and they weren't singing murderer at him. It's all a load of bollocks.

hth

So predictable. Even the guy in the ticket office at millwall last week couldnt hide his excitement about the expected rumble at Upton Park. They'll have been foaming at the mouth for weeks in excitement.

Anyone got a link to the sky sports footage? Not much online...

Not much online, there's about 3 pages worth on You tube. (Most of which is the same stuff or very shaky cameraphone action). Strangely enough Millwall have come out of this with a reputation for being better behaved. Plus it just goes to show how 'useless' stewards are with this sort of thing

Kenny Jackett said in a BBC interview that none of the Millwall fans were on the pitch at any time, implying that they were totally blameless for any of the trouble.

So that must be the case then. :unsure:<_<

The reason why no Wall got on the pitch last night was because of the heavy policing and stewarding in the away end, won't be for the want of trying though, the same can't be said for outside.

Edited by tangerinedreams

The reason why no Wall got on the pitch last night was because of the heavy policing and stewarding in the away end, won't be for the want of trying though, the same can't be said for outside.

While this is no doubt true it didn't stop the West Ham fans did it?

Not entirely on topic, but talking of our game at Millwall - I'm told our fans were singing about Hughes being a murderer. Not big, not clever, but very funny! :grin:

dish - what part of "fair play" involves knives and kicking off in amongst normal, law abiding fans with children?

Correct it didn't stop the West Ham fans and why not, because there were less police and stewards on the other 3 sides of the ground. There are a lot of questions needed to be asked by various people and authorities on WHY was this allowed to happen last night, whether or not these questions get answered and punishments dealt out accordingly I don't know. WHUFC have said this morning that they will ban the culprits after studying CCTV, why wasn't it dealt with last night, they knew it was coming via message boards, grapevines and just plain old common sense. FFS WHUFC sort your act out! I find it disgraceful that a premiership club can, not necessarily allow to happen, but be so......maybe naive is the word I am looking for. As for punishment, it shouldn't even have been thought about afterall prevention is better than cure.

Fair play to the residents in the area, most of them haven't been afraid to come out and give reports and footage. I think in one of the Videos that is being played on Sky News all the fans down below notice the guy recording up in a flat and begin to throw stuff at him.

Fair play to the residents in the area, most of them haven't been afraid to come out and give reports and footage. I think in one of the Videos that is being played on Sky News all the fans down below notice the guy recording up in a flat and begin to throw stuff at him.

There's a bloke just done a live interview on SSN, basically sayin all the footage you see outside the pubs (thats been handed over to sky and the police) was recorded by him and it was all West Ham fans causin the trouble.

He's right to hand the footage over, but seriously he must have a screw loose for doing a live TV interview taking the credit for it!

:blink:

Correct it didn't stop the West Ham fans and why not, because there were less police and stewards on the other 3 sides of the ground. There are a lot of questions needed to be asked by various people and authorities on WHY was this allowed to happen last night, whether or not these questions get answered and punishments dealt out accordingly I don't know. WHUFC have said this morning that they will ban the culprits after studying CCTV, why wasn't it dealt with last night, they knew it was coming via message boards, grapevines and just plain old common sense. FFS WHUFC sort your act out! I find it disgraceful that a premiership club can, not necessarily allow to happen, but be so......maybe naive is the word I am looking for. As for punishment, it shouldn't even have been thought about afterall prevention is better than cure.

This is the key point looking at the footage even if accounting for repeat offenders there did look to be near 500 people on the pitch last night- that's 500 loyal supporters of a team like West Ham who don't fill their ground every game. If they ban all of them that's £250,000/season in lost revenue, for a club in as much financial do do as West Ham that's a lot of money- I don't see it happening unless someone makes them. All the reports seem to suggest that a large number of the fans involved in the trouble outside the ground were already subject to banning orders so banning them has no effect- here's an idea have them play Man U/Chelsea/whoever behind closed doors (so no money gets taken from a very lucrative game) and take away the points they should have had taken away the last time they cheated. If football hooligans were real football fans the removal of points might make them actually think about stop commiting such acts of violence for which the tax payer foots the bill, and I don't just mean West Ham I mean all clubs- Oldham included.

As for your first point the evidence of that picture of the short fat bald man in shorts which is linked to earlier in this thread seems to suggest that there were plenty of stewards around the West Ham fans- only problem is stewards won't do anything about a pitch invader as its not their problem

This is the key point looking at the footage even if accounting for repeat offenders there did look to be near 500 people on the pitch last night- that's 500 loyal supporters of a team like West Ham who don't fill their ground every game. If they ban all of them that's £250,000/season in lost revenue, for a club in as much financial do do as West Ham that's a lot of money- I don't see it happening unless someone makes them. All the reports seem to suggest that a large number of the fans involved in the trouble outside the ground were already subject to banning orders so banning them has no effect- here's an idea have them play Man U/Chelsea/whoever behind closed doors (so no money gets taken from a very lucrative game) and take away the points they should have had taken away the last time they cheated. If football hooligans were real football fans the removal of points might make them actually think about stop commiting such acts of violence for which the tax payer foots the bill, and I don't just mean West Ham I mean all clubs- Oldham included.

As for your first point the evidence of that picture of the short fat bald man in shorts which is linked to earlier in this thread seems to suggest that there were plenty of stewards around the West Ham fans- only problem is stewards won't do anything about a pitch invader as its not their problem

There isn't a lot a steward can do though in all honesty. I also think the guy you're on about was sat very close to the Millwall fans, hence the larger amounts of stewards. But people invaded from all areas of the ground, you can't honestly believe it would be possible for stewards to stop all of them

There is no evidence anywhere to say that these were loyal supporters. I don't know whether you are aware but the tickets were on General sale, not limited to ST holders and E-members. We could go on all day about apt punishment. Admittedly there will have been some....ahem...fans on the pitch who were identifiable and no doubt be given the early bath, I think it was a bit of a silly idea not to have the event open to ST's and E-members only, going on to the cost of the police at the game.....How much does it cost? any idea? I don't but for arguments sake lets say its £50 per hour per bobby.....4 hours= £200 per bobby 200 bobbies= £40000, on top of what was already there, not exactly cheap but when you put it against one of West Hams players who are on £40000 per week it doesn't seem that much, I personally think that the police thought by cutting the Millwall allocation would cut down on the trouble, it doesn't seem the case though does it as it was going off before/ during/ outside and after the match. Oh and btw the asian bloke who filmed the goings on and handed the evidence over to the police was either very brave or very stupid in revealing his identity on the news.

There isn't a lot a steward can do though in all honesty. I also think the guy you're on about was sat very close to the Millwall fans, hence the larger amounts of stewards. But people invaded from all areas of the ground, you can't honestly believe it would be possible for stewards to stop all of them

Yep, that’s why we used to have fences, until they were scrapped for obvious reasons. There is absolutely no way you would have stopped those blokes going on the pitch without beating them in a proper fight, and if I was some miserable old git getting paid sod all to stand there in my fluorescent jacket there’s no way I’d be up for it. Incidentally, I bet there weren’t many few season ticket holders deliberately involved inside or out.