Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

Decembers my birthday too! Unfortunately, I'm leaving to go live at the beach in Thailand as a diving instructor. Feel free to visit over there though.

Incidentally, LA isn't my favourite place ste. Its too spaced out. There's a hundred better places in the US. Why did you choose there?

Well its not a choice set in stone yet mate. Its one of a few places we are looking at. Looking at LA, New York, Vegas or Florida. I welcome other suggestions though :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll be opening up a can of worms with that one.

Speaking of LA. I think I'm headed there on a holiday next summer. Better be better than what people I have spoken too have described it as!

Where in L.A. are you headed? We live a little north of West Hollywood (the Hills). We can take you to get the best Mexican food in Melrose: Tere's Mexican Grill. It's amazing.

I love L.A. mainly because my family is based in Beverly Hills and I went to school in Orange County...so I guess I was just thrown there. Though I've lived in New York City and my parents have a house in Indiana which is very very different from L.A. and a nice retreat. And I agree, there are many other places in the U.S. that are beautiful and good places to visit -- I'm just partial to the city of angels :wink:

Open up that can of worms!

P.S. As for local islanders re-enacting Latics moments: there's a famous homeless guy on the island that everyone calls "Bob" and I have video of him talking about the Latics. It's hilarious because the lights are definitely on, just not sure if there's anyone home...

Edited by sarausa

Where in L.A. are you headed? We live a little north of West Hollywood (the Hills). We can take you to get the best Mexican food in Melrose: Tere's Mexican Grill. It's amazing.

I love L.A. mainly because my family is based in Beverly Hills and I went to school in Orange County...so I guess I was just thrown there. Though I've lived in New York City and my parents have a house in Indiana which is very very different from L.A. and a nice retreat. And I agree, there are many other places in the U.S. that are beautiful and good places to visit -- I'm just partial to the city of angels :wink:

Open up that can of worms!

P.S. As for local islanders re-enacting Latics moments: there's a famous homeless guy on the island that everyone calls "Bob" and I have video of him talking about the Latics. It's hilarious because the lights are definitely on, just not sure if there's anyone home...

That could be said about most of us who have been following Latics for any length of time :grin:

I have the opportunity to go and live in San Diego, with my best mate and these lovely people.....

61d4feb4d3_IkkiTwins_12302008.jpg

:banana3:

Not sure why I felt the need to share that, but I'll be sure to have them bake a Latics cake and post a video up on here...

San Diego?? They're a dime-a-dozen in L.A. :OASISscarf:

I, personally, prefer San Fran over San Diego...xx

San Francisco's a cool place. Literally cool as well! lol GREAT nightlife there and if your only there for maybe a week, plenty to see during the day's. Don't know if I'd bother with the Tenderloin area (unless you like TV street walkers? Maybe its your thing).

I prefer San Diego for the weather, beaches (Do you agree La Jolla is the best beach in California Sara?), you can go across to Tijuana for a wild night, the town itself is pretty good and there's plenty of bars around.

Edited by BeckfordsRightFoot

San Francisco's a cool place. Literally cool as well! lol GREAT nightlife there and if your only there for maybe a week, plenty to see during the day's. Don't know if I'd bother with the Tenderloin area (unless you like TV street walkers? Maybe its your thing).

I prefer San Diego for the weather, beaches (Do you agree La Jolla is the best beach in California Sara?), you can go across to Tijuana for a wild night, the town itself is pretty good and there's plenty of bars around.

I love love love La Jolla :wub: . I even bought perfume from a tiny boutique in La Jolla that's supposed to smell like...."La Jolla". It's beautiful. And I feel like everyone is always proposing there.

San Diego?? They're a dime-a-dozen in L.A. :OASISscarf:

I, personally, prefer San Fran over San Diego...xx

I'll be sure to take in San Fran, but unfortunately San Diego is where I have a room being kept for me, right by the beach.

Just my luck. :angry:

Seeing as you're a Latic you'll be welcome over for a brew. I might even do some rag puddin's or a pan of Ash, no funny business though....

I love love love La Jolla :wub: . I even bought perfume from a tiny boutique in La Jolla that's supposed to smell like...."La Jolla". It's beautiful. And I feel like everyone is always proposing there.

One of my favourite times in the US was night time drinks on the rooftop bar at the Valencia hotel in La Jolla. Good times.

I'll be sure to take in San Fran, but unfortunately San Diego is where I have a room being kept for me, right by the beach.

Just my luck. :angry:

Seeing as you're a Latic you'll be welcome over for a brew. I might even do some rag puddin's or a pan of Ash, no funny business though....

No idea what rag puddin or pan of Ash is. We were just recently introduced to Black Pudding :blink: .....but yes, depending on the offered brew -- we're down. xx

No idea what rag puddin or pan of Ash is. We were just recently introduced to Black Pudding :blink: .....but yes, depending on the offered brew -- we're down. xx

Rag pudding is an Oldham delicacy, my gran's are the best. Ash is short for Potato Ash (or is it Hash?!)....

Brew will be coffee, Douwe Egberts, and hopefully compliment a pleasant smoke. :coffee1:

Rag pudding is an Oldham delicacy, my gran's are the best. Ash is short for Potato Ash (or is it Hash?!)....

Brew will be coffee, Douwe Egberts, and hopefully compliment a pleasant smoke. :coffee1:

Good thing you clarified, "brew" over here is common slag for Guinness :drinking: