Relegation material....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day if you sign league 2 players thats where you will end up.

The majority of our team is made up of league 2 signings and league one rejects.

At least we will have derbies against Rochdale and Bury next season as long as they don't come up , along with a lot more reasonable away games.

I wanted to get out of this league one south but i didn't expect to go down to do it.

That's funny-you were arsed a minute ago.

Breakfast at three in the afternoon? Whoa!

It's just turned 10 where I am, there's a whole world out there full of new and exciting things. If you want to stay wrapped up in your own miserable little turgid cesspit where the only thing coming over the horizon is another turd which lets you tut and repeat to yourself that you knew only :censored: was coming your way be my guest.

I'm going to go and take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-505 shame you can't be here, this is another thing that is used to going down, lack of ambition by the designers.....

[Message ignored by Corporal_Jones]

[Reveal message] Nah.

It's just turned 10 where I am, there's a whole world out there full of new and exciting things. If you want to stay wrapped up in your own miserable little turgid cesspit where the only thing coming over the horizon is another turd which lets you tut and repeat to yourself that you knew only :censored: was coming your way be my guest.

Hahahahahahahahahah! Worth logging on for that was...

/logs off.

Have you thought about the possibility that the club is deliberately being run down in preparation for life in the fourth division? It would, after all, fit in nicely with the little stadium project. It could be why the team has been filled with fourth division players.

Imagine it-a new shiny (if tiny) stadium and the semblance of another 'promotion push' (with the remaining fans blinding themselves to the fact that its now being done in a lower division still), and if we do, by some miracle, pull it off, the illusion of a nice legacy for TTA will have been created: little Latics are on the rise again.

I don't know if this is the thinking, but if it was, I think some of the people will buy it. Don't you?

Exactly what i was saying in work today.........

:shock: Am I the first person to agree with Corp :shock:

I'd just like to say:

On what planet does booing, swearing and gesticulating at your own players help the player, the team or other fans ?

If a player already short of confidence is going to get a barrage of boos from their own fans, fear of making a mistake is only going to contribute to another one. Either get behind the team or for God's sake, shut up and keep quiet.

I'd just like to say:

On what planet does booing, swearing and gesticulating at your own players help the player, the team or other fans ?

If a player already short of confidence is going to get a barrage of boos from their own fans, fear of making a mistake is only going to contribute to another one. Either get behind the team or for God's sake, shut up and keep quiet.

On Planet Frustration.

I'd just like to say:

it doesnt do them anygood but makes you feel better in urself best get it of ur chest i say :)

I have very rarely booed at boundary park but I came very close to joining in on Friday night. What a lacklustre performance.

Defence/Goalkeeper:-

Brill needs to strengthen his wrists! In addition the rest of the unit need to cut out the mistakes! When is Hazel going to stop tripping himself up? This alone could have cost us 4 pts this year all ready.

Midfiled:-

No width. Mainly down to current injuries but imo Whitaker is not a wide player certainly not on the left. The other new right winger looked out classed. Ran in straight lines going forward and lazy tracking back. As for the middle two Worthington is on 4 yellow I think so was going easy. Didn't rate Barrow he wasn't in the game.

Forwards:-

I like both Abbott and Parker. Abbot worked hard and ability. Parker is quick but was playing too far away from Abbot. Both decent players but I fear they can't play together effectively.

If you asked me how we played on Friday I couldn't tell you. There appeared to be no purpose to the team. Hartlepool were average and certainly didn't impose their game on us. We were just poor.

A collection of div 2 players playing as if there in div 2. Could be a long season.

I'm going to go and take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-505 shame you can't be here, this is another thing that is used to going down, lack of ambition by the designers.....

[Message ignored by Corporal_Jones]

[Reveal message] Nah.

What kind of people are those who seemingly have an inability to distinguish between what an individual is like in rel life and what he posts on an internet messageboard?

Exactly what i was saying in work today.........

:shock: Am I the first person to agree with Corp :shock:

The thing is that there are easily enough Latics fans who would love nothing better than being in the fourth division to make the downscaling of the club just about manageable.

A fourth rate mentality is why we are where we are in the first place.

I have very rarely booed at boundary park but I came very close to joining in on Friday night. What a lacklustre performance.

Defence/Goalkeeper:-

Brill needs to strengthen his wrists! In addition the rest of the unit need to cut out the mistakes! When is Hazel going to stop tripping himself up? This alone could have cost us 4 pts this year all ready.

Midfiled:-

No width. Mainly down to current injuries but imo Whitaker is not a wide player certainly not on the left. The other new right winger looked out classed. Ran in straight lines going forward and lazy tracking back. As for the middle two Worthington is on 4 yellow I think so was going easy. Didn't rate Barrow he wasn't in the game.

Forwards:-

I like both Abbott and Parker. Abbot worked hard and ability. Parker is quick but was playing too far away from Abbot. Both decent players but I fear they can't play together effectively.

If you asked me how we played on Friday I couldn't tell you. There appeared to be no purpose to the team. Hartlepool were average and certainly didn't impose their game on us. We were just poor.

A collection of div 2 players playing as if there in div 2. Could be a long season.

Nail on head mate.

HOOF

KTF

Definately.

We have only played Milwall of any real quality. Other than that we should have won the games.

Brill out, a new centre back in (even just as motivation), Parker out anyone who can score in. I know Abbott has been touted by many as a saviour on here but he is no more than a twelve a season striker, if we wanted that we'd have stuck with Stevie Whitehall.

Definately.

We have only played Milwall of any real quality. Other than that we should have won the games.

Brill out, a new centre back in (even just as motivation), Parker out anyone who can score in. I know Abbott has been touted by many as a saviour on here but he is no more than a twelve a season striker, if we wanted that we'd have stuck with Stevie Whitehall.

Nowt wrong with that!!! :grin:

The thing is that there are easily enough Latics fans who would love nothing better than being in the fourth division to make the downscaling of the club just about manageable.

A fourth rate mentality is why we are where we are in the first place.

To take it a step further,I don't think the Failsworth gig is gonna even get going,so the TTA can say...

"We tried everything etc etc etc, so we are off,bye bye"