Penney IN or OUT?

garcon

Manager Poll  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Penney IN or OUT?

• Penney IN
    • Penney OUT

Amidst claims from some less mentally stable corners of the forum that "the majority" want Penney out, maybe it's time for our first poll on the question.

Couldn't be simpler - do you want Penney IN or OUT. That's now, straightforward, no options aqbout who might replace him, just a simple test of the fans' standard gut reaction to sack the manager when things aren't all going swimmingly...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amidst claims from some less mentally stable corners of the forum that "the majority" want Penney out, maybe it's time for our first poll on the question.

Couldn't be simpler - do you want Penney IN or OUT. That's now, straightforward, no options aqbout who might replace him, just a simple test of the fans' standard gut reaction to sack the manager when things aren't all going swimmingly...

i really can't belive it a poll at this stage of the season questioning the managers integrity...the man has barely got his feet under the table and people want him out..

what's wrong with football folk these day's get behind him and ride out the storm...show me a team that consantly wins things with a vast turnover of managers and i'll show my arse on the townhall steps...give the man a break and a little time

i really can't belive it a poll at this stage of the season questioning the managers integrity...the man has barely got his feet under the table and people want him out..

I think Garcon is just wanting his faith in his fellow Latics fans restored, that's all. After the crap that's been spouted on here, he probably just wants reassuring that it is just a tiny (very stupid) minority that want Penney out....I nearly ran an identical poll last night for the very same reason...

I voted Penney in.

I'd give Penney two full seasons....and then review his position....and yes I would still keep Penney as manager if we got relegated this year, barring some exceptional circumstances like he'd been caught banging someone's wife or something....

I think Garcon is just wanting his faith in his fellow Latics fans restored, that's all. After the crap that's been spouted on here, he probably just wants reassuring that it is just a tiny (very stupid) minority that want Penney out....I nearly ran an identical poll last night for the very same reason...

I voted Penney in.

I'd give Penney two full seasons....and then review his position....and yes I would still keep Penney as manager if we got relegated this year, barring some exceptional circumstances like he'd been caught banging someone's wife or something....

agree 100 percent with the exeption of two seasons ...four seasons for me irrispective of league positions...then you can judge him

i really can't belive it a poll at this stage of the season questioning the managers integrity...

i think it's more of a (possibly futile) attempt to stop BRF repeatedly claiming that the majority of Latics fans want him out. it's an nice effort but i suspect it'll be like trying to get a monkey in a safari park to stop throwing sh*t at cars.it's who he is, it's what he does.

Kind of. My faith in the majority of Latics fans is intact - I just want to prove to the few Penney OUT voices exactly how small a minority they are in.

My faith in Penney is also intact. This squad will come good given the chance.

i think it's more of a (possibly futile) attempt to stop BRF repeatedly claiming that the majority of Latics fans want him out. it's an nice effort but i suspect it'll be like trying to get a monkey in a safari park to stop throwing sh*t at cars.it's who he is, it's what he does.

:lol:

BRF's "majority" comment was the final straw, even though I knew full well he almost certainly didn't believe it himself when he wrote it. The difference between him and throwing sh*t at cars is sh*t sticks. :wink:

Obviously Penney in. From what I gather, TTA go on here and tbh I'm actually embarrassed to be associated with some of the fools who post on here.

What I never see is reasons behind their constant drivel. Can anyone of the Penney-out brigade name me a manager who has come in, built a squad from absolute scratch on a shoe-string budget, and gone on to gain instant success - by that I mean a promotion or what not? Of course you can't.

I don't think many are gonna lie when asked if they're frustrated with the results this season, but it's being magnified because of the disastrous run we've been on since early December. I'm pissed off with the lack of wins, the lack of caring what seems to be shown at times, and I'm not exactly thrilled with TTA over the last year or so, but we've gotta give Penney at least three-quarters of a season to see what he can do.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when, early on in the season, we found ourselves bottom of the league even though Dirty Leeds had had 15 points deducted. And John Sheridan managed to turn that around into a respectable 8th place finish, with us even challenging for the play offs.

Now, my point is that the situation we're in now isn't as bad and I have a lot of faith that Penney will turn things around :) and for gods sake it's the beginning of September! The season has barely begun so you can't call for the manager's head just yet ;)

the only out is hazell and and gregan also brill but i think brill maybe getting better fingers crossed these are the 3 major factors in our fail to win

Wrong.

The 1 and only major factor in our failure to win (actually we won at Orient, but anyway) is our current inability to take our chances. Take them and we win games irrespective of the goals we have conceeded.

Cheers,

Harry

Wrong.

The 1 and only major factor in our failure to win (actually we won at Orient, but anyway) is our current inability to take our chances. Take them and we win games irrespective of the goals we have conceeded.

Cheers,

Harry

I agree, our fourth division striker, third division reject and fourth division loanee kid on his way out of a club far too high up for him aren't putting them away.

Obviously I'm not saying ditch Penney as I have a few cider addled cells left, but he's not done himself any favours signing the :censored: he has.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when, early on in the season, we found ourselves bottom of the league even though Dirty Leeds had had 15 points deducted. And John Sheridan managed to turn that around into a respectable 8th place finish, with us even challenging for the play offs.

Now, my point is that the situation we're in now isn't as bad and I have a lot of faith that Penney will turn things around :) and for gods sake it's the beginning of September! The season has barely begun so you can't call for the manager's head just yet ;)

The more pertinant (Sheridans) one would be his first season. Bottom of the table, and took us top within months.

However, even when losing you knew we were going to start doing well (e.g. the 1-0 defeat at Millwall I left with a spring in my step thinking the change was just about to happen).

NB. This probably is irrelevant in one way as I left Swansea thinking we were going to piss it.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

i almost didnt vote because of how rediculous a question it is but then i remembered we have complete morons on here who will vote out and that it would have a worse effect on the board to let the idiots win the vote. as i have said on a different thread no one called for joe royle to get sacked last year but the form we had under him was relegation form. this team will come good and penney will prove all his doubters wrong but they still wont be happy