Penney IN or OUT?

garcon

Manager Poll  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Penney IN or OUT?

• Penney IN
    • Penney OUT

i almost didnt vote because of how rediculous a question it is but then i remembered we have complete morons on here who will vote out and that it would have a worse effect on the board to let the idiots win the vote. as i have said on a different thread no one called for joe royle to get sacked last year but the form we had under him was relegation form. this team will come good and penney will prove all his doubters wrong but they still wont be happy

Despite the continual vocal slagging off of Sheridan on here, I wonder how many called for Royle in (or Shez out) in the first place. At MK it certainly wasn't cut and dried, as was blatently seen.

To sack a manager after anything less than half a season you'd have to be a :censored:ing* idiot. Even then he'd have to be losing nigh on every game. I'll stick with my ideal of give them three seasons. If they aren't doing okay, then time is up. If they are doing okay then give them longer as these things take time.

*Since Ackey left we seem to be able to swear alot on here. Are there less people watching? Was Webmonkey II the equivelant of the 9pm watershed (8pm on Sky :wink: )? Did I just not try hard enough to be a guttermouth?

Edited by OldhamSheridan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penney out? What on earth would that achieve? Who comes in who's clearly a better option with our budget? Is that now the norm; 5 or 6 matches to see if someone up to it and sack them unless they win 4 or 5 games?

I agree. We would be a laughing stock, and its ridiculous to suggest otherwise at such a short period of time.

He needs a year minimum. He can't change things over night.

I wasn't sure about Dave to start with and I still have a nagging doubt but unsure why. However, not as much a doubt as I had with Sheridan, Moore or Talbot. The only manager who I didn't have doubts with was Dowie but his exit soured my opinion slightly.

Still, I think Dave can achieve great things with us as long as the owners don't stop him from reaching his potential. Untie his hands from behind his back and let him sign a few loan players to address his error on Brill, Gregan and not signing Hughes!

Despite the continual vocal slagging off of Sheridan on here, I wonder how many called for Royle in (or Shez out) in the first place. At MK it certainly wasn't cut and dried, as was blatently seen.

To sack a manager after anything less than half a season you'd have to be a :censored:ing* idiot. Even then he'd have to be losing nigh on every game. I'll stick with my ideal of give them three seasons. If they aren't doing okay, then time is up. If they are doing okay then give them longer as these things take time.

*Since Ackey left we seem to be able to swear alot on here. Are there less people watching? Was Webmonkey II the equivelant of the 9pm watershed (8pm on Sky :wink: )? Did I just not try hard enough to be a guttermouth?

agreed. given time he will put together a squad and a team that are good enough. just needs the time and a bit of patience from the fans

given time he will put together a squad and a team that are good enough. just needs the time and a bit of patience from the fans

I feel that quotes not unlike davebuckley06's have been used all too frequently over recent times. Patience is wearing thin. It's not Penneys fault mind, he's just the next poor sap in the "hotseat".

I feel that quotes not unlike davebuckley06's have been used all too frequently over recent times. Patience is wearing thin. It's not Penneys fault mind, he's just the next poor sap in the "hotseat".

Precisely. The club has clearly reached a stage where it no longer makes any difference who the manager is.

Joe could see the writing on the wall.

Precisely. The club has clearly reached a stage where it no longer makes any difference who the manager is.

Joe could see the writing on the wall.

That's exactly what I thought when Joe decided not to stay on this season. He could see the club is a basket case, and more than likely concluded that the effort and heartache involved in trying (and probably failing) to turn the basket case into a success story was more than he was willing (or perhaps able) to give at this stage of his career.

That's exactly what I thought when Joe decided not to stay on this season. He could see the club is a basket case, and more than likely concluded that the effort and heartache involved in trying (and probably failing) to turn the basket case into a success story was more than he was willing (or perhaps able) to give at this stage of his career.

An absolutely lunatic step to bring him back in the first place, smacking of nothing other than cluelessness and desperation.

But he never looked comfortable to me from the off.

even if he isnt up to it, how can we afford to sack another manager, pay up for wages for 3 seasons and pay another guy, just for him to reshuffle the team again, thus players getting used to a new system, thus more matches lost

doesnt make sense to me and i dont think anyone could do more for us than penney has

penney in

I was under the maybe mis-apprehension that Joe was being put in with a view to working with John Wardle this season.

That didn't happen for whatever reason and Joe went on his merry way as he knew the budgets(and maybe plans to take the club forward)did not meet with his vision in the near future?

Just conjecture mind, I don't have a source at the club telling me this........

I was under the maybe mis-apprehension that Joe was being put in with a view to working with John Wardle this season.

That didn't happen for whatever reason and Joe went on his merry way as he knew the budgets(and maybe plans to take the club forward)did not meet with his vision in the near future?

Just conjecture mind, I don't have a source at the club telling me this........

He also had some critical things to say about the failure to repaint the dressing rooms.

This apparently inspired plans to build a new 12000 seater stadium on the edge of the borough with all the fresh paint it takes.

So it wasn't all a waste of time.