One of our major problems

.....is confidence.

We have too many 'confidence players'. Abbott, Brill, Rubes, Lomax, Witts, Taylor?

Its runs throughout the spine of the team. I thought this pre season as i was told by other fans that some of the players we were signing were of this nature.

I agree confidence is an issue at the moment. In theory the squad is balanced enough though. The likes of Gregan, Worthington, Holdsworth and Furman are reliable, consistent performers who need to be leaders on the pitch to encourage those who are lacking in confidence.

.....is confidence.

We have too many 'confidence players'. Abbott, Brill, Rubes, Lomax, Witts, Taylor?

Its runs throughout the spine of the team. I thought this pre season as i was told by other fans that some of the players we were signing were of this nature.

The old term used to be shrinking violets . :(

I agree Corp, this is one of the big differences to the Joe Royle 'pinch me' era.

It's got to be a major reason for an apparent lack of commitment on the part of many players, and not only at this club.

A new squad every season or two, and any number of loan players throughout a season, has made a mockery of the game at this level. Some players must surely forget which club they're at sometimes.

In the 1970s we had players in the old Second Division who'd been there when we were in the fourth division. As a kid you could identify with these players. They were the nucleus of the squad and gave a sense of continuity. Now, though, a player is on his way before the kids have learned to remember his name.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

.....is confidence.

Bradford fans say you can add Colbeck to that list as well

It's got to be a major reason for an apparent lack of commitment on the part of many players, and not only at this club.

A new squad every season or two, and any number of loan players throughout a season, has made a mockery of the game at this level. Some players must surely forget which club they're at sometimes.

In the 1970s we had players in the old Second Division who'd been there when we were in the fourth division. As a kid you could identify with these players. They were the nucleus of the squad and gave a sense of continuity. Now, though, a player is on his way before the kids have learned to remember his name.

Agreed, one of the main reasons to me of fans present disillusionment is 'here today gone tomorow' players who they can't relate to, and maybe soon a ground they can't relate to.

.....is confidence.

Constantly letting our best players go and replacing them with crap is probably our biggest problem.

they have boarded up the ones nearest the Old Lookers

..And offered the remaining rats season tickets in the Rochdale Road end, however they saw sense and preferred being boarded up rather than suffer the football on display:grin:

Edited by BP1960

I can certainly identify with that. I don't think we will ever see the likes of a player like Ian Wood that just stayed forever.

Of course, some players moved on, but they did seem to stick around for a bit.

Too much moving around too many clubs.

Just another job

Very true Corp.

Plus I would add that there are no entertainers anymore, just a bunch of robots playing to a system. I'm sure it's one of the reasons people are voting with their feet. It's just boring to watch these days with little or no entertainment or excitement.

Still even when we play like a pile of steaming :censored: you know the players are giving their all - indifference is not an option on a Rugby League field...

Very true.

Then again you are akin to a United fan and in the Premiership on that one, who I bet think football is great.

Hornets are dying on their feet, as I suspect Oldham and numerous others are. A sport that has sadly sold its soul.

Don't get you there. Me Dad has always watched Saints, I go and watch them and Mayfield whenever i can. Both teams poles apart, both teams give 100%, both teams play explosive, exciting RL....