The Insider

:angry:

:disappointed:

Pisses me off how true your post probably is.... Just wish other people would wake up and see where this club is going...

I look at the demography of the club and think they know where the club is going. We have a more than average number of older fans (not kids) due to when our success was. You accept these things as you get older. You learn that you aren't going to be successful. If you still follow the game you generally do so for reasons other than the game itself (many just stop at home with their families as they get married, have kids, etc.).

What I'm saying is that the lack of knowledge (waking up) isn't that, it's an acceptance of the situation instead.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at the demography of the club and think they know where the club is going. We have a more than average number of older fans (not kids) due to when our success was. You accept these things as you get older. You learn that you aren't going to be successful. If you still follow the game you generally do so for reasons other than the game itself (many just stop at home with their families as they get married, have kids, etc.).

What I'm saying is that the lack of knowledge (waking up) isn't that, it's an acceptance of the situation instead.

For me I would rather us start to some risks and possibly die with some bloody pride than die slowly as a shadow of our former selves...

Edited by oafc0000

The future is bright for this club, brand new stadium on the horizon, some promising young players and a manager with a good track record. If we can ride out the couple of years until the stadium is built we have a promising time ahead,.

...I hope your right...

...I fear your not...

What this club more than anything needs is some success. Even if that success is followed by failure soon after. Anything other than this stagnation and some excitement instead. Could you imagine going up this season and the next struggling (which most likely would happen) and staying up on the very last day with a 4-3 win after leading 4-1, ring any bells. That one match alone would see every ST renewed and few more extra's purchased.

Edited by Lags

What this club more than anything needs is some success. Even if that success is followed by failure soon after. Anything other than this stagnation and some excitement instead. Could you imagine going up this season and the next struggling (which most likely would happen) and staying up on the very last day was a 4-3 win after leading 4-1, ring any bells. That one match alone would see every ST renewed and few more extra's purchased.

I share your thoughts...

What this club more than anything needs is some success. Even if that success is followed by failure soon after. Anything other than this stagnation and some excitement instead. Could you imagine going up this season and the next struggling (which most likely would happen) and staying up on the very last day was a 4-3 win after leading 4-1, ring any bells. That one match alone would see every ST renewed and few more extra's purchased.

The nearest I can imagine is beating Reading to stop up if York get leathered by Man City.

I would think very few renewed after that.

And so many teams in my analogy seem wrong now.

I dont get your point....

We are moving to a new site and a lot of fans think 12k is too small... but we are told, dont worry, we can expand... Then Barry puts out a suggestion that a application for 12k+ could be a problem... Dont you see the worry ?

I see the worry but don't agree with it. There is a difference between an easy application which gets you where you want to be so that you can take the profit and leave, and a difficult application that might take 2 years to be approved.

I wonder what opposition Citeh got to moving from Maine Road - I remember some but who'd have thought that moving a few miles up the road and not even owning your own ground would have led them to where they are now.

I think the majority of fans still think the failsworth move is a strategy for recovery when its clear its a strategy for lower league consolidation...

For me I would rather us start to some risks and possibly die with some bloody pride than die slowly as a shadow of our former selves...

a risk liek moving to a new stadium or should we die at BP??

The nearest I can imagine is beating Reading to stop up if York get leathered by Man City.

I would think very few renewed after that.

And so many teams in my analogy seem wrong now.

Not quite the right analogy though. First we've not had the sucess prior, nor are we in a higher league. But yeah, where are those teams now.

no offence but this post made me laugh out loud.....and I just don't understand what you are saying.

Laugh all you want but its true...

You have to take risks in business... You have to seek growth... Managing gradual decline very seldom results in a positive up turn...unless your really :censored: good...

You think the club are any different ? Is lower league football going to pull in the revenue / fan base to grow the club ?

ah forget it...

I just hope your all right....

Since Moore we have become :censored: scared at taking ANY risk...

Edited by Stevie_J
Language

You have to take risks in business... You have to seek growth... Managing gradual decline very seldom results in a positive up turn...unless your really :censored:ing good...

You think the club are any different ? Is lower league football going to pull in the revenue / fan base to grow the club ?

ah forget it...

I just hope your all right....

Since Moore we have become :censored: scared at taking ANY risk...

Wow. I think this comes back to the issue from about a year ago.

You want the club to win stuff as that is what football clubs aim for. Be it the end of the club, so be it.

I see it as a social club, a place where friends meet up and have a good time. The results are irrelevant in the long run. It could be non-league football or the Premiership, it makes little difference to me overall. But, I don't want to put anything that would risk that on the menu.

Wow. I think this comes back to the issue from about a year ago.

You want the club to win stuff as that is what football clubs aim for. Be it the end of the club, so be it.

I see it as a social club, a place where friends meet up and have a good time. The results are irrelevant in the long run. It could be non-league football or the Premiership, it makes little difference to me overall. But, I don't want to put anything that would risk that on the menu.

I used to think that as well... Then I woke up...

Look, I don't want another Moore situtation... But the dream currently on the table from TTA sounds like we are throwing in the towel...

I agree about the social aspect but without the ability to dream and the club looking to kick on...you will find the interest from most supporters will wain... Look around this board for proof...

You have to take risks in business... You have to seek growth... Managing gradual decline very seldom results in a positive up turn...unless your really :censored:ing good...

that's not what you said first time - survival at all costs is different to managing gradual decline.

any entity has survival as it's first objective

that's not what you said first time - survival at all costs is different to managing gradual decline.

any entity has survival as it's first objective

Sorry but thats bollocks...

You only have to look at the Premiership to blow that theory up... or any bank for that matter :)

Edited by oafc0000