The Insider

were does it say it is only suitable for Barry Owen ?

The role currently is filled by Barry Own because he is a member of the Trust board who is able to fullfill the objectives of the role.

If another Oldham Fan can demostrate that they can take the role on of Trust chair and therefore Board Director then they only need to apply.

This would mean that they are able to carry out all club duties when needed.

Travel to meet business demands

Have expertise to benefit the club

I for one could not leave work to carry out a duty that may transpire from club duties

The role is not on non exec basis.

Anyone retired, owners there own company or has free time and able to show committment could do the role

The role is suited to persons able be able to do things at the drop of a hat as such.

IMO Barry does a good job at what he does, I know this from knowing what happens within his role something anyone can know if they make there time available and join the trust board or simply just turn up to a meeting and just ASK

imo the role can not be shared due to the relationships the person must have with the club

Obviously my comment was tongue-in-cheek but if it's full-time position then that only really leaves it open to the unemployed or retired. A good proportion under each bracket would probably struggle in the environment it would involve working in. Anyone unemployed, who was capable, would presumably be looking for employment and, on finding it, wouldn't be able to perform their Trust/Board duties any longer.

That leaves us with a tiny pool from our fanbase to choose from.

And it's not about how good Barry is or isn't at the job; it's about the options available.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agIn you demostrate you don't understand. You usalyy sign confidentiality agreements

not worth the paper they are written on if the Board, CEO, MD doesnt know or trust the director involved.

You have the meeting for what purpose that non exec is involved in and for the nitty gritty stuff you have another .

Showing you have committment to the cause, loyality and an ability to help the business move forward is the only way to get the trust of the higher management or owners .

With our case, If say I was to take over the role of Barry and attend board meetings, would 100% of buisness be discussed??

No it wouldnt ! Barry has spent 5 years building that trust and showing committment to the cause he is involved !!

What worries me is that will TTA show such willing with a new person at some time in the future? My own hope is that while TTA own the club Barry will serve the relationship well

Business is Business each one is different, you ensure all the foundations are the same to run one but you have to ensure that there is a relationship of trust at the top.

I know this all to well with work and other experiences away from Latics

not worth the paper they are written on if the Board, CEO, MD doesnt know or trust the director involved.

You have the meeting for what purpose that non exec is involved in and for the nitty gritty stuff you have another .

Showing you have committment to the cause, loyality and an ability to help the business move forward is the only way to get the trust of the higher management or owners .

With our case, If say I was to take over the role of Barry and attend board meetings, would 100% of buisness be discussed??

No it wouldnt ! Barry has spent 5 years building that trust and showing committment to the cause he is involved !!

What worries me is that will TTA show such willing with a new person at some time in the future? My own hope is that while TTA own the club Barry will serve the relationship well

Business is Business each one is different, you ensure all the foundations are the same to run one but you have to ensure that there is a relationship of trust at the top.

I know this all to well with work and other experiences away from Latics

First of all I have seen people lose a lot of money from breaking confidentiality agreements...its not a wise thing to do...

Again you suggest that only one person could possibly do the job....

The whole thing has stunk from start to finish....

Going to leave it here now...nothing more to say...

Edited by oafc0000

First of all I have seen people lose a lot of money from breaking confidentiality agreements...its not a wise thing to do...

Again you suggest that only one person could possibly do the job....

The whole thing has stunk from start to finish....

Going to leave it here now...nothing more to say...

Your first line proves my point, confidentialities can and are broken, Many company owners can not afford to take the Risk, Barry Chaytow is a clear example of the Trust TTA have to have with there directors

Here we go again !!!! The job isnt for just one person, the job is for a candidate with the right skills

At this time today, Barry Owen meets the criteria to hold the position, tomorrow, next week, next year is another time. !!

Instead of people bitching about how bad a job is being done, stand up be counted and put yourself forward.

You have on a number of times stated that you hold position that is in your opinion similar to that which you deem the Trust job to be ! I understand you are not interested in the position but I ask of you one thing !!

If you think there is a problem and you know how to sort it, dont call the A - Team, do what hundreds of other Latic fans do every week

Stand up and help out, you may not want to join the trust but as a concerned Latics fans who feels that we are the start of the end of Oldham Athletic I would say you have a duty of care to every Latic fan out there, the club and you yourself to advise the Trust were and how it can improve !

You do not have to be a trust member or Director to consult in these matters !!! I will personally meet, pay for travelling to meet with you and take your advise seeing that you have the answers, I will then pass onto to the relevant people how things can be hightlighted and changed

Together we can crack it, Together the fans of Latics can help - To coin a phase, many hands make light work !!!

This isnt soley directed at oafc0000, I'm willing to meet any fan and I would dare say Barry would also within a civilised distance and take note of concerns and take advise.

I help the Trust in my spare time, for free !! Others can do the same! Its easy to critise but hard to help isnt it ?

Right off my soap box now, some little :censored: keyed my car today !! :ranting:

you clearly have no idea what your are talking about. That is exactly what none execs are..... Most companies have them. I am a none exec for a company.

Having a shareholding dose not automatically buy a directorship either

What sort of company are you a "none -exec" for? A bit worried that you can't spell it!

Sorry but that is not on. Any non-exec with a grasp of his legal responsibilities would walk if he thought he was being selectively involved and excluded from the important stuff.

Sorry but that is not on. Any non-exec with a grasp of his legal responsibilities would walk if he thought he was being selectively involved and excluded from the important stuff.

The real comedy in this thread comes from the idea that the Trust Director has to be on hand 24 hours a day to meet his responsibilities. How many of the other Board members actually live in England and can go out in daylight?

The real comedy in this thread comes from the idea that the Trust Director has to be on hand 24 hours a day to meet his responsibilities. How many of the other Board members actually live in England and can go out in daylight?

Exactly... but it is an idea constantly suggested by some...

I'm not as clever or as savvy as a lot of the posters on this thread, but in plain english i'm against the move to failsworth, not because of any inconvenience of travelling as has been suggested ( i am latics through and through and will follow them wherever ) but plainly because i think to move to failsworth is folly. A lot of our fans are fickle enough without alienating them further.

I know there's a distinct lack of alternative available sites but to move away from where our core support is and to move even closer to our more illustrious neighbours worries me greatly.

The move appears to be progressing at an alarming rate ( oh the irony ) and it seems TTA have decided failsworth or nothing albeit against plentiful opposition.Just going off people i know who support latics, i would say 75% of them are not comfortable with the move. As i said to begin with though....What do i know??