The Insider

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome feature!

You reckon... Read like "The Barry Owen Apperication Feature"...

Bloody hell... Surprise... Barry is happy and has not got a remotely negative comment to make about the direction of the club...

I vote BB80 for the role... At least he would have the balls to do the job properly, tell us honestly what is going on and bloody put the cat amongst the pigeons......

The whole read like a Labour party statement...not realising how out touch he is...if it wasn't so frustrating it would be funny...

Edited by oafc0000

You reckon... Read like "The Barry Owen Apperication Feature"...

Bloody hell... Surprise... Barry is happy and has not got a remotely negative comment to make about the direction of the club...

I vote BB80 for the role... At least he would have the balls to do the job properly, tell us honestly what is going on and bloody put the cat amongst the pigeons......

The whole read like a Labour party statement...not realising how out touch he is...if it wasn't so frustrating it would be funny...

I agree that we've learnt nothing new....

Excellent "Yes-man" characteristics on show...interesting that others in The Trust I know personally don't share the same view. Sadly it seems as tho if Barry is happy, we all should be...I thought the idea of Barry's position was to report findings (as best as his position allows) and let Trust members decide over them? Seems not...

Also very interesting is...

Owen retorts, "12,000 is sufficient and, I believe, is important in terms of obtaining planning consent." So....future expansion if required sounds all pie in the sky.

CFC2

Excellent "Yes-man" characteristics on show...interesting that others in The Trust I know personally don't share the same view. Sadly it seems as tho if Barry is happy, we all should be...I thought the idea of Barry's position was to report findings (as best as his position allows) and let Trust members decide over them? Seems not...

CFC2

Trust members? you're having a laugh aren't you? They don't even know who they are..........

That was an interesting read- Barry Owen was elected to the board of the trust- and then elected from there to chairman (by whom I'm not so clear on- was it the membership of the trust or was it the members of the board). At a recent AGM- he was re-elected (for I presume another 5 years) to chairman of the board (and thus keeping his place on the club's board- and the perks that go along with it) as he says unanimously. That seems fair enough- however I have a couple of issues with it- did someone stand against him? Was there a RON vote? (if board members don't know who RON is they shouldn't be running votes- RON is return to nominations- i.e. those people who have nominated themselves aren't good enough). My big issue with it was though that I don't recall anything in the publicity for the trust's AGM (conveniently put up on here by those mods who are also trust board members- and friends of Barry) about re-elections especially re-elections for chairman as I'm sure a few more people might have bothered going (I'd have been sorely tempted- depsite not being a member of the trust to go, pay my membership views and then vote for anyone who isn't Barry Owen- not me because I can't do the job). I'm sure the number of people who re-elected Barry was inferior to the number of people (in the total vote) that elected him to the board- and that most of them are friendly with him. I also notice he said the trust had recruited some new board members- last time I checked you didn't recruit new board members you elected them- you recruit candidates.

The trust giving all the money it raises back into the club is another concept I'm not really happy with- Yes I could see the logic a few years ago but essentially what that is doing now is helping bankroll TTA and their not unanimously popular decision to move the club- I feel the trust would be much better saving some of it (or even all of it) for a rainy day. Of course the trust has a priveledged position in our club comapred to other trusts if it is helping paying the bills to the tune of a £1000/month- keep the money and TTA will struggle to kick the trust out- the trust paid £200,000 for a %share of the club (TTA would have to pay that money back- or have some :censored: good lawyers).

As for the stadium plans- personally a stadium holding 12,000 people (with some decent segregation) is probably enough (provided we can actually expand it quickly). If we get a big cup game (once every 2-3 years on average), yes we will want a bigger stadium but not by that much. But if the board think anyone will want to host a concert at a staium with 12,000 seats (and a football pitch) then they are having a laugh. The MEN has more seats than that, is covered, has better public transport links and is only a few miles down the road. The main way for football stadiums to make money out of game days- is through conference/banqueting facilities (and the football standard is not the same as the business/wedding standard), it is vital we get those right.

Oh FFS, he may harp on about the same subject day after day after day after day after day, but he isn't wrong. The chances of us extending the stadium are between zero and :censored: all.

As for the interview. Lap dog says woof? Replacing him would do nothing as there is no owning of the club by the fans. There can be no voice. There can be no significant change by the trust. It is as toothless as my gran. Which is why the trust should be saving the money not giving it away.

Barry feels we would not get planning permission for something bigger than 12,000... So how would we expand in the future if that's the case?

With any development like this there is an element of provability - look at some of the assertions made against the original BP proposal and tell me that an application for just a redeveloped stadium would have had the same obstacles. A simple proposal for a new BP wouldn't have implied that the hotel, flats etc etc couldn't be built at a later stage.

If I was in TTA's position I would do exactly that - one step at a time. In their position - and with their suggested exit strategy - why derail or delay things by making the planning more difficult than it has to be?

that's what I like about this board - every thing is black and white.

Well the Trust certainly kept that election very very quiet. How many of it's members knew and indeed voted. Stinks. I wonder if I'll hear when subs are due again? This is not a Barry out by the way but utterly disgusted that such an important event goes un-noticed.

Well the Trust certainly kept that election very very quiet. How many of it's members knew and indeed voted. Stinks. I wonder if I'll hear when subs are due again? This is not a Barry out by the way but utterly disgusted that such an important event goes un-noticed.

Yeah exactly... I do not remember that election being advertised ???

In fact I remember asking people on here when is Barry up for re-election and got no answer....

He says he was returned unanimously... Did anyone get the chance to stand against him ??

With any development like this there is an element of provability - look at some of the assertions made against the original BP proposal and tell me that an application for just a redeveloped stadium would have had the same obstacles. A simple proposal for a new BP wouldn't have implied that the hotel, flats etc etc couldn't be built at a later stage.

If I was in TTA's position I would do exactly that - one step at a time. In their position - and with their suggested exit strategy - why derail or delay things by making the planning more difficult than it has to be?

that's what I like about this board - every thing is black and white.

I dont get your point....

We are moving to a new site and a lot of fans think 12k is too small... but we are told, dont worry, we can expand... Then Barry puts out a suggestion that a application for 12k+ could be a problem... Dont you see the worry ?

Edited by oafc0000

To be honest the club wouldn't have had it any other way. Any new Trust member elected to the board seat would not have been welcomed of that I have no doubt.

More of a reason to actually a point someone new....

You have to ask yourself why ? and what have they got to hide then.... Why wouldn't they welcome it considering everything is so "black and white" as suggested above...

Edited by oafc0000

I dont get your point....

We are moving to a new site and a lot of fans think 12k is too small... but we are told, dont worry, we can expand... Then Barry puts out a suggestion that a application for 16k could be a problem... Dont you see the worry ?

Being honest I don't see a problem. I can't think we will ever need more than that ever again on a consistent basis.

As I say Corps isn't wrong on things, he just reiterates it too often. We may dabble with the Chumpionship, but our place from now on is the lower leagues. The stadium fits that. (Where I differ is) it would be stupid not to.

Being honest I don't see a problem. I can't think we will ever need more than that ever again on a consistent basis.

As I say Corps isn't wrong on things, he just reiterates it too often. We may dabble with the Chumpionship, but our place from now on is the lower leagues. The stadium fits that. (Where I differ is) it would be stupid not to.

:angry:

:disappointed:

Pisses me off how true your post probably is.... Just wish other people would wake up and see where this club is going... I think the majority of fans still think the failsworth move is a strategy for recovery when its clear its a strategy for lower league consolidation...

I dont accept it has to be this way....

Edited by oafc0000

CFC2

not sure if its the same trust members i know ross,but the ones i know say exactly the same.

the trust as one don't hold the view this is a good idea.

but the chairman does...so be it. <_<