Micah Richards

I think its time for someone to come in and put in an offer for him, its another case of Chelsea and Shaun Wright-Phillips. He needs a new club for him to further his career now after playing second fiddle.

thats just the thing though, why is he playing second fiddle? IMO he WAS the best right back in the country, but for some reason he has gone down hill

if he moves it is only bad for us

i say stick it out Richards, get your form back and earn as much money for us as you can :wink:

thats just the thing though, why is he playing second fiddle? IMO he WAS the best right back in the country, but for some reason he has gone down hill

if he moves it is only bad for us

i say stick it out Richards, get your form back and earn as much money for us as you can :wink:

Hughes and his staff now have bigger projects to manage than revitalising Richards, but somebody needs to do it.

:unsure:

I'm just summising here but with the £££££££££s floating around at Eastlands having an effect on MR's form...... :unsure: has his formed dipped knowing that Hughes has the cash to bring whoever in, putting him off his stride. Btw I agree with IMO he WAS the best right back in the country not even in the departure lounge though.......... :shock: a trip to S.A. next year providing he has a good WC will see his value rise once again, a few good games will see to that, just hope FC sees it the same way.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Hughes and his staff now have bigger projects to manage than revitalising Richards, but somebody needs to do it.

:unsure:

I'm just summising here but with the £££££££££s floating around at Eastlands having an effect on MR's form...... :unsure: has his formed dipped knowing that Hughes has the cash to bring whoever in, putting him off his stride. Btw I agree with IMO he WAS the best right back in the country not even in the departure lounge though.......... :shock: a trip to S.A. next year providing he has a good WC will see his value rise once again, a few good games will see to that, just hope FC sees it the same way.

his form dipped long before City where took over, as we know from our own squad its all about confidence, he needs games.

a move away from Eastlands will be bad news for us (he wont command nowhere near the £18m or so) but if he stays and doesnt get in the team that will be bad news aswell wont it?

it was still a good decision to turn the £200k down (or whatever the cheeky :censored: offered) to buy out his clause :grin:

his form dipped long before City where took over, as we know from our own squad its all about confidence, he needs games.

a move away from Eastlands will be bad news for us (he wont command nowhere near the £18m or so) but if he stays and doesnt get in the team that will be bad news aswell wont it?

it was still a good decision to turn the £200k down (or whatever the cheeky :censored: offered) to buy out his clause :grin:

I guess he may go to somewhere like Everton or Villa for around £10m, his contract still has quite some time to go.

His value currently IMO is nearer 6 million. But for that he needs to move to say a Tottenham sized club. Any club lower down the scale including Everton I reckon the fee would be lower, maybe 5 million. Still I want him to go tomorrow for our cash to kick in. I think our cash will go straight in pockets mind currently, however we do need that money asap.

If he goes to a "lower" club for say 6 mill, there would probably be a sell on from citeh, which would feed back to our sell on.

If he was then sold on for 12mill, we'd get 20% of the extra 6 mill citeh get, so it's not all on the one deal.

His value currently IMO is nearer 6 million. But for that he needs to move to say a Tottenham sized club. Any club lower down the scale including Everton I reckon the fee would be lower, maybe 5 million. Still I want him to go tomorrow for our cash to kick in. I think our cash will go straight in pockets mind currently, however we do need that money asap.

If TTA are going, which looks likely, I'd rather he didn't move until after that event. I can't see the money going back into the club under any circumstances currently, and it could be a tiny factor which makes the club slightly more sellable.

Plus, it may then be used on players/budget.

If he goes to a "lower" club for say 6 mill, there would probably be a sell on from citeh, which would feed back to our sell on.

If he was then sold on for 12mill, we'd get 20% of the extra 6 mill citeh get, so it's not all on the one deal.

The sell on clause is a one off sell on from City...if he leaves City for 6m then we get 1.2m and end of clause!!

Guest Scratch2000uk
He has been awful recently. Needs to concentrate on his football career and not his extra curricular activities.

Agreed, although it's up to him to put things right, i do hope he does because it would be a real shame if not. :huh:

The sell on clause is a one off sell on from City...if he leaves City for 6m then we get 1.2m and end of clause!!

The usual form for this type of deal is that the selling club (i,e us at the time) get a percentage of any profit the buying club (citeh) make on subsequent transfers.

Unless this deal is different, it would mean we'd get a cut of any further sale, but I might have got the figures wrong:-

Citeh sell to West Ham for £6m, we get 20% = £1.2m, citeh include a 30% sell on clause.

West Ham sell to manure for £15m, citeh get 30% of the profit of £9m so citeh get £2.7m. We get 20% of their £2.7m = £540k.

afaik.

Edited by real

The usual form for this type of deal is that the selling club (i,e us at the time) get a percentage of any profit the buying club (citeh) make on subsequent transfers.

Unless this deal is different, it would mean we'd get a cut of any further sale, but I might have got the figures wrong:-

Citeh sell to West Ham for £6m, we get 20% = £1.2m, citeh include a 30% sell on clause.

West Ham sell to manure for £15m, citeh get 30% of the profit of £9m so citeh get £2.7m. We get 20% of their £2.7m = £540k.

afaik.

Surely we would get 20% of any sell-on clause / appearance fee bonuses that City negotiate as they would constitute the total fee received.

Surely we would get 20% of any sell-on clause / appearance fee bonuses that City negotiate as they would constitute the total fee received.

I've heard it both ways:

(a) We get 20% of what City get until the clauses in total are done;

(B) We get 20% of the immediate money. Any sell on clauses are nul and void beyond there.

I have no idea which is true.

I've heard it both ways:

(a) We get 20% of what City get until the clauses in total are done;

(B) We get 20% of the immediate money. Any sell on clauses are nul and void beyond there.

I have no idea which is true.

I would have thought the contract is with City, and ends when City sell him.

I would have thought the contract is with City, and ends when City sell him.

I have to admit, I can't remember hearing of a club gaining from a sell on from a sell on clause.

I also can't see City being arsed bothering with a sell on clause. I also can't see them selling Richards in the next few years (they may swap him though).

We got drips of money through from Fitz Hall's sales - initial money from first sale (to southampton?) then when he moved on, they made a profit and we got a % from a sell on clause and then he moved again and we got another % from the profit on the next move. iirc.

I do remember reading something on him recently and he himself openly admitted that it was a case of "too much to young" he enjoyed the party life style a bit to much and it hindered his progress. He stated he hopes to get back to his original form and I hope he does, for our sake anyway. But its a case of if he does become Englands best right back would city ever need or want to sell him?