attitude on saturday

no mugs these. 0-0 draw at millwall. so they cant be that bad in defence.

it will be interesting to see how we react to this game.

in previous seasons this type of game we would lose and how will dave penney have our current team thinking.will we be complacent having won 3 back to back or will we be different than previous latics teams and push them out of the way and gain another 3 points which will no doubt put us in the top 6. :unsure:

I dont think any manager has the team complacent, when you've won 3 in a row, and are playing someone you should beat, its one of the most obvious aspects you'd expect "to get complacent" so im sure all managers address it and tell there players, i suppose they will have different ways of doing it, adopting methods to beat them, but im sure most if not every manager will tell there side not to get complacent ....

no mugs these. 0-0 draw at millwall. so they cant be that bad in defence.

Millwall are cack this season though, so I wouldn't throw that down as a benchmark.

Yeovil should be put to the sword on Saturday. Anything less and we're the same old turn-up-when-we-can-be-arsed side we've been for years now.

Millwall are cack this season though, so I wouldn't throw that down as a benchmark.

Yeovil should be put to the sword on Saturday. Anything less and we're the same old turn-up-when-we-can-be-arsed side we've been for years now.

I see more high tempo and pressing game in this team than previous ones, that work ethic should stand them in good stead whoever the opposition.

i think the players attitude will be 'different class' on Saturday

as has been said the tempo and bite we have now will see the attitude right

different mentality under DP than Shez

We'll have to get past Stam, and Davies will be out to prove a point.

We'll have to get past Stam, and Davies will be out to prove a point.

I believe Stefan Stam the big dutchman is out injured, or so im told, which is a shame as id of loved to have given him a good reception on his return. Was a good servant for the club (when he played :grin: ).

I believe Stefan Stam the big dutchman is out injured, or so im told, which is a shame as id of loved to have given him a good reception on his return. Was a good servant for the club (when he played :grin: ).

Yeah, considering the cock up with the announcement when he left it would have been good to welcome him back.

if i'm honest i'm more worried about Davies 'proving a point' by breaking someone's legs than by scoring.

Stam wont play, even if fit as he cant break our current centre back pairing of Steven Caulker (17 year old lad on loan from Spurs and is absolutely immense) and Terrell Forbes.

I would expect Davies to start on the bench. The other ex Latic on show will be Jean-Paul Kalala who has played brilliantly for us since we signed him 3 weeks ago.

Personally, if Oldham play as they can, Oldham will win. If you underestimate us or don't respect us, then you wont.

Wonder if he will do strike it lucky?

Stam wont play, even if fit as he cant break our current centre back pairing of Steven Caulker (17 year old lad on loan from Spurs and is absolutely immense) and Terrell Forbes.

I would expect Davies to start on the bench. The other ex Latic on show will be Jean-Paul Kalala who has played brilliantly for us since we signed him 3 weeks ago.

Personally, if Oldham play as they can, Oldham will win. If you underestimate us or don't respect us, then you wont.

Bloody hell. I was confident before you posted, but now I'm trembling in my boots! (after you mention two of my top 5 worst ever latcs players in the '000's!) :lol:

... I am joking though... a repeat of last year, as you well say, is on the cards if attitude is not right....

.... But Forbes... and Kalala in the same team... amazing, just amazing...

terrible forbes, i had forgotten about him :grin:

Kalalalala la la couldn't even trap a ball when with us but I understand he has been excellent for Yeovil. As for terrible well he's just erm terrible. Still we need to be on the mental from the off. Davies as played against us twice I think and scored both times!!

Fixed :grin:

My mate who is a leeds season ticket holder says "I'll pay you to take sheehan - waste of space" So just cos someone was poor at one Latics doesn't mean he doesn't do well at another....

Lord Kangana Ndiwa will always be a clown though.

Kallalalalala was awful, and being honest, as a thirty something year old fatish bloke; he still gives me hope I can make the professional game.

Terrible was simply played out of position and was made a disgrace by doing so. He's an adept centre back and an awful right back. I would say he's better than one of our current centre backs (obviously not Gregan as he's great).

NB. Mr Yeovil Fan, Stam is good when fit. The only reason he left here is that this was a rare occurance (and hence he didn't play). You will find he'll get a Warne-esque appreciation. Well not that much as Warne was brilli-illiant.

Anyone that is voted Rochdale's worst ever player in the long run isn't going to be on their way up here though.

I couldn't believe it when I read he was having trials at Reading the year before last.

I like to think Lee Sinnott is the worst Oldham player I have seen due to lack of effort, but he's there for wholly different reasons.

My mate who is a leeds season ticket holder says "I'll pay you to take sheehan - waste of space" So just cos someone was poor at one Latics doesn't mean he doesn't do well at another....

I think Leeds fans said the same about a certain other full back once and gave him away -

Denis Irwin !!!!!!

I think Leeds fans said the same about a certain other full back once and gave him away -

Denis Irwin !!!!!!

Well hold your horses here before condemning them too much. How many here thought Irwin was a worldbeater whilst he was here, and who though we got good money for him. I certainly thought the latter.

very short memories eh?

Kalala was absolutely superb at Goodisan park

him playing that one superb game, we should be forever grateful

as he has pointed out, he didnt get on with Sheridan (whether thats true), which is why he didnt play more games

very short memories eh?

Kalala was absolutely superb at Goodisan park

him playing that one superb game, we should be forever grateful

as he has pointed out, he didnt get on with Sheridan (whether thats true), which is why he didnt play more games

He had one good game. The guy was :censored:. He couldn't trap a ball. He couldn't pass a ball five yards. He just didn't have the skills of even a five year old. His only good point is that he came in for Rocastle.