Have to disagree there Jamie. I thought they were. They had a gameplan and it worked. They coped much better with the conditions than we did.

They were pants Dan. They edged possession, I'll give them that (But when we played as tragically as bad as we did with the ball, it wasn't difficult) but come on, how many saves did Brill have to make? A powderpuff shot from their sub in the dying minutes?

They were a team which would have wilted once a goal had gone in.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice chance to move into 6th. We should have won here, no excuses. 2 points dropped.

I don't fancy our chances next week, which is why 3 points here was essential. A win here will have also given us a confidence booster for next week.

we would have lost that last season.

A nice chance to move into 6th. We should have won here, no excuses. 2 points dropped.

I don't fancy our chances next week, which is why 3 points here was essential. A win here will have also given us a confidence booster for next week.

most of it down ot the bad weather we had chances to kill the game off just wasnt our day today normally when we play bad like this we lose which we didnt so it isnt all doom and gloom just one of those days.

You're right, we should have won 10 - 0 minimum.

In truth it was a dis-jointed effort from the lads today. Thou we did have chances and on chances alone should have won it. Taylor should have buried the re-bound from his own shot at the keeper first half. Parker also first half as to hit the target at least from 16 yards out (gotta say I think he hand balled it mind!!)

The second half chances went begging down to poor choices made. Out of the chances we had we shot when we should have squared the ball and didn't shoot when we should have.

I liked the Ginge in midfield for Yeovil. Did all the simple things well. Won the ball and was aggressive when needed to be and didb't give the ball away very much. Stood big and tall. A good midfielder.

Taylors from is beginning to be a concern.The lad has produced virtually zero this season.

He always comes inside and gets crowded out....just occasionally the lad needs to stay wide go for the by-line and get a few good crosses in, if you play wide men they should play like wide men. We consistently play wingers and yet consistently provide no width!! You could count on one hand the amount of crosses that went in today. Abbott would thrive on better service but is having to do all the donkey work on his own!!!

I thought we were very poor today...credit to Yeovil as we were outplayed for most of the game. They had certainly done their homework. I know we can't win every game, but, just as I thought we were getting a little consistency going we go back to our old ways!

Crowdwise we've shot ourselves in the foot yet again as there was 500 extra home fans today...Do you think they'll come back next home game?....after that performance I very much doubt it!!!

Watching Oldham is soooooo frustrating!!!

If I were a Yeovil fan I would be dissapointed with not picking up the victory today. I thought they looked the better team and we were there for the taking. Given the performance today I am satisfied with a point.

Backline good the rest poor.

10 points from 12 will do me.

Edited by Butter

although disapointed with the result it was a good result. we played dreadful and to play dreadful and avoid defeat and keep a clean sheet is a good result at the end of the day regardlss of what was expected before the game. they were the better team overall even though they wernt outstanding themselves they looked organised and there left winger did particularly well second half anyway. think furman was targeted from the first whistle and im amazed there wernt more yellows for tackles on him or even a red maybe why dp took him off

IMO Yeovil came to play for the draw and hit us on the break which they did well. Both teams were not great at keeping possession. I dont think we were helped by having to reshuffle in the centre of the park. Worthingtons early yellow in the 2nd half for what I thought for once was a good hard tackle kept him quiet. We missed our chances as did they. For people to say they were there for the taking is a bit disrespectful. If we had completely overrun them and missed chance after easy chance fair enough but I thought they sat back and made it difficult for us. Just because paper says they are 17th doesnt mean they are going to roll over and give us the three points. If that really was the case we would not have moved up the table after a slow start.

Edited by wozz_oafc

IMO Yeovil came to play for the draw and hit us on the break which they did well. Both teams were not great at keeping possession. I dont think we were helped by having to reshuffle in the centre of the park. Worthingtons early yellow in the 2nd half for what I thought for once was a good hard tackle kept him quiet. We missed our chances as did they. For people to say they were there for the taking is a bit disrespectful. If we had completely overrun them and missed chance after easy chance fair enough but I thought they sat back and made it difficult for us. Just because paper says they are 17th doesnt mean they are going to roll over and give us the three points. If that really was the case we would not have moved up the table after a slow start.

Good point. DP had spotted first half that we needed something extra in the middle of the park and also that most of Yeovil's attacking threat was from the left wing - so a good tactical decision undermined by Worthington's propensity to get himself booked.

However the decision to replace Furman was a mystery to me - unless he was injured. Whittaker was having another poor game and would have been my choice.

As it was we had enough chances to win the game in difficult conditions.

Charlton next - three easy points :wink:

Good point. DP had spotted first half that we needed something extra in the middle of the park and also that most of Yeovil's attacking threat was from the left wing - so a good tactical decision undermined by Worthington's propensity to get himself booked.

However the decision to replace Furman was a mystery to me - unless he was injured. Whittaker was having another poor game and would have been my choice.

As it was we had enough chances to win the game in difficult conditions.

Charlton next - three easy points :wink:

Penney did say in his post match interview that Furman had taken a knock in the first half and that Lomax had taken a bump on the head when asked about the changes.

We always seem to struggle against Yeovil at BP- this game last season we got 0 points so 1 point is better. The number 5 and the ginger bloke in midfield were the two best players on the pitch yesterday- it won't come to much of a surprise that the number 5 is actually a Tottenham player and the ginger bloke is on loan from Swansea. A ref who wasn't very good (he certainly wasn't consistent) didn't help- I wouldn't have minded Worthy's booking if he had been booking people for similar in the first half but he hadn't. A couple of their players were lucky to still be on the pitch at half-time and if we had been playing 9/10 men I think we would have finished them off.

We will play worse than that and win- we had some very good chances and we will play better and loose- but because its Yeovil you get people on here moaning about how we should be stuffing them.

Edited by rudemedic

why whenever someone posts are they immeadiatly branded a moaner or conversly a happy clapper? the OP makes a good point we cant afford to drop points regularily at home espeically to oppersition such as Yeovil.

i'm pretty sure DP wont have said "ah well its ok because we beat MK" so why should we? dissapointing result if we judge it on its merits but lets hope for a good showing at charlton

We always seem to struggle against Yeovil at BP- this game last season we got 0 points so 1 point is better. The number 5 and the ginger bloke in midfield were the two best players on the pitch yesterday- it won't come to much of a surprise that the number 5 is actually a Tottenham player and the ginger bloke is on loan from Swansea. A ref who wasn't very good (he certainly wasn't consistent) didn't help- I wouldn't have minded Worthy's booking if he had been booking people for similar in the first half but he hadn't. A couple of their players were lucky to still be on the pitch at half-time and if we had been playing 9/10 men I think we would have finished them off.

We will play worse than that and win- we had some very good chances and we will play better and loose- but because its Yeovil you get people on here moaning about how we should be stuffing them.

We have dropped points against Yeovil and Stockport through not being clinical enough - and yes I did think that ,given our recent mini run , we would have beaten Yeovil.

Add to that the miss at Brentford that would have put us 2-1 ahead and the missed penalty at Millwall when we were only losing 1-0 plus the 94th minute goal conceded against Brizzle and there is only the last minute equaliser against Swindon to put the other side of the coin and we should have another...............................7 or 8 points! :blush::grin::wink:

I am sure that Chelsea are thinking that their result against Wigan was a rubbish result, and that United are thinking they should have beaten Sunderland that was a rubbish result.

It happens and will always happen in football.

I think rubbish is just too harsh a word in the contect of the game or the team that we palyed or the conditions, or the injuries. what BBPP seemed to be saying is that is was rubbish just because of the position they were in.

But exactly the same as us 4 games ago. In 4 games Yeovil could be pushing for a play off spot.

And 4 games ago many on here were saying we would be in a relegation dogfight and it would a long hard season.

Now they are expectig us to beat teams just because they are below us ina promotion push.

Edited by singe

I am sure that Chelsea are thinking that their result against Wigan was a rubbish result, and that United are thinking they should have beaten Sunderland that was a rubbish result.

It happens and will always happen in football.

I think rubbish is just too harsh a word in the contect of the game or the team that we palyed or the conditions, or the injuries. what BBPP seemed to be saying is that is was rubbish just because of the position they were in.

But exactly the same as us 4 games ago. In 4 games Yeovil could be pushing for a play off spot.

And 4 games ago many on here were saying we would be in a relegation dogfight and it would a long hard season.

Now they are expectig us to beat teams just because they are below us ina promotion push.

It's all about expectations I guess.

Fingers crossed Brooke's form improves for the Ukraine's Super League final against Leeds.

Lol.

Did Brooke play on Saturday?

(In joke for those on OWTB Live Chat) :grin:

I don't know, my sound wouldn't work and the guy who tried to help me fix it was useless :wink:

Lol. Not surprised at all - there was some right useless to$$ers on there on Saturday coming out of the woodwork to jinx our winning streak... :lol: