Barry Owen on Attendances

Whilst I have concerns regarding the Trust, I really would like them to psecifically address and concentrate on Marketing of the club. Volunteers keeping the database and sending out info. THat way the costs are keept down. ackey would be a great eprson to design what goes out, the Trust colleate nad work on the info. This way people not based in Oldham can help.

singe, thank you for your constructive comment, we have offered our services to the club and now with the comments that have been made and surge of fan disaaproval I hope they will take on board our offer.

Peter Wright of fulledesign has commissioned a lot of work for both the club and trust, his professionalism and dedication to his work and Latics is something the club need to embrase.

You can be assured that if the club want the help, they will be given it !

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaticsPete... Your contribution lately has been to follow me from thread to thread highlighting that I dont go to the games at the moment.... I think people get it mate...

Can I suggest you put your efforts into working out why people like me (after 20 years + attendance) are choosing not to go at the moment and how that could be fixed...

...and people say I am the one blinded by negativity...

Methinks thou has too big an opinion of your importance. You've got no stalkers just people who find it amazing that you pontificate so much but don't give the club and/or tream any actual support.

Let us know when you do. I for one will welcome that very genuinely.

Methinks thou has too big an opinion of your importance. You've got no stalkers just people who find it amazing that you pontificate so much but don't give the club and/or tream any actual support.

me too :wink:

I'll welcome you as well with a hot cup of Bovril and a Pie for your first game back *

* NB there maybe no pie or bovril left so a packet of crisp and a bottle of water will have to do :lol:

Guest sheridans_world
So do two things...

Have a Rochdale Road End forum...

Open up trust meetings to everyone...

...hey, what do I know, I am just blinded by negativity...

:petesake:

They are, you've been invited as have other fans. You know this.

They are, you've been invited as have other fans. You know this.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME

THIS IS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT THERE WHO DONT HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER....

You know the people your leader wants to hear from

and yes, I meant to shout... your not listening...

Edited by oafc0000

Fine, it amazes you, now shut up making this personal and get back to the valid points being raised...

Edited by oafc0000

They are, you've been invited as have other fans.You know this.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME

your right, its not about you or me or si its about all fans, all fans of OAFC

personal attacks are not wanted or asked for 0000 thats what Barry asked fans not to make, which you stated were not happening :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME

You know the people your leader wants to hear from

No, actually you're not listening.

Open up trust meetings to everyone...

They are

your right, its not about you or me or si its about all fans, all fans of OAFC

personal attacks are not wanted or asked for 0000 thats what Barry asked fans not to make, which you stated were not happening :wink:

I said something a number of pages back...

I think we are seeing here an organised attempt to turn attention away from the key issues by some of the trusts boys...

Edited by oafc0000

I said something a number of pages back...

I think we are seeing here an organised attempt to turn attention away from the key issues by some of the trusts boys...

You really do live in your own world of importance dont you !!!

No deflection of intrest or strangle hold of issues, today you merely have more people who actually can help answer your question and hightlight the short givings in your statements and negativity

You really do live in your own world of importance dont you !!!

No deflection of intrest or strangle hold of issues, today you merely have more people who actually can help answer your question and hightlight the short givings in your statements and negativity

Answer my questions ??

You have not answered ANY questions...

You offered me to come to a trust meeting which I turned down...

That is NOT opening up all trust meetings to fans...

and

That is NOT doing a Rochdale road style meeting...

What you and your cronies are doing is trying to talk about what you have offered me and how many games I am not going to...

I feel I have enough of a voice on this site to be frank... Its the others your leader is wanting to hear from I am making suggestions for... And what do the trust guys do again... You shoot it down :)

At least your constantly bad...

Edited by oafc0000

you asked questions about what Barry does at the club I answered you, you have asked a number of questions these past months I have answered you...

You just wish to complain because you find it fun and interesting, this is now boring me

We have an open Trust meeting which has been mentioned a number of times and from me mentioning it I have had a number of fans asking if they can come along to the next one and I have of course said yes...

You are not interested in being positive or supportive to the cause, you are repeating yourself on many issues that many fans now have thanked me for clearing up

This is not a personal attack to you more of a supportive jesture to ask why when many fans can understand and accept responses made by the people who represent the trust why cant you? Is there anything I or the Trust do to help you undertsand something so simple?

You say you have spoken to over 500 latic fans and know what they are thinking and feel about the club yet you havent been to a game in a long time and you dont meet your mates any longer at the games so how do you know what you state ?

You have fallen into the trap many fans do, you have the funds to attend games but you choose not to, you are the type of the fan that is missing from games and causing the club trouble !!!

I have not shot anything down, merely support people thoughts and ideas and projected them to the club were and when possible !

You have shot them down by berating the fans that do something you do not currently do !

SUPPORT OLDHAM ATHLETIC

you asked questions about what Barry does at the club I aswered you, you have asked a number of questions these past months I have answered you...

Your answers don't always add up so I take it forward...

You just wish to complain because you find it fun and interesting, this is now boring me

That is rubbish....

We have an open Trust meeting which has been mentioned a number of times and from me mentioning it I have had a number of fans asking if they can come along to the next one and I have of course said yes...

Brilliant... and the rocky road end idea?

You are not interested in being positive or supportive to the cause, you are repeating yourself on many issues that many fans now have thanked me for clearing up

You have cleared up little... As for being positive and supportive, well thats an objective statement... I only care about the club and not the trust... I AM NOT supportive or positive about the trust, but why should I be?

This is not a personal attack to you more of a supportive jesture to ask why when many fans can understand and acceo.pt responses made people the people who represent th trust why cant you? Is there anything I or the Trust do to help you undertsand something so simple?

Wake up mate, lots of people questioning the trust right now and not accepting the answers your giving...

You say you have spoken to over 500 latic fans and know what they are thinking and feel about the club yet you havent been to a game in a long time and you dont meet your mates any longer at the games so how do you know what you state ?

I havent been a game this season... Thats only six games...

You have fallen into the trap many fans do, you have the funds to attend games but you choose not to, you are the type of the fan that is missing from games and causing the club trouble !!!

I have not shot anything down, merely support people thoughts and ideas and projected them to the club were and when possible !

I think there has been plenty of shooting down to be frank...

You have shot them down by berating the fans that do something you do not currently do !

SUPPORT OLDHAM ATHLETIC

I support Oldham Athletic every day... Apparently posting on here is meant to do that...

SOOO anyway...

How does the trust / club plan on gathering the wider thoughts of all the extra people ?

I have suggested opening up trust meetings...which i am safely ensured is the case.. Can I suggested (if thats ok and isnt being too negative) that you advertise it in the Chron that your holding a meeting for ALL fans ?

How about the rocky road forum being suggested by many ?

I did not state anything... I asked a question...

you stated that you have spoken to over 500 latic fans out of that number you know of only very few who support the Trust and the clubs current standing

The questions that you have asked have been answered, you make statements that are unfounded and negative

Again your consistant negative train of thought and lack of constructive critisim is starting to annoy me and frustrate other fans

you stated that you have spoken to over 500 latic fans out of that number you know of only very few who support the Trust and the clubs current standing

500 was a tad of a throw away comment, how would I know how many unless I counted them... I HAVE spoke to VERY high numbers of people who know little of the trust and certainly do not offer any support...

The questions that you have asked have been answered, you make statements that are unfounded and negative

Hang on... PLEASE show me where i have made a unfounded comment (other than the 500 throw away comment) ? I have made suggestions and offered my opinion...

Again your consistant negative train of thought and lack of constructive critisim is starting to annoy me and frustrate other fans

What is constructive is very much subjective... I have made comments, just like many others...

Your last point sounds a little threatening to be honest...

Edited by oafc0000

SOOO anyway...

How does the trust / club plan on gathering the wider thoughts of all the extra people ?

I have suggested opening up trust meetings...which i am safely ensured is the case.. Can I suggested (if thats ok and isnt being too negative) that you advertise it in the Chron that your holding a meeting for ALL fans ?

How about the rocky road forum being suggested by many ?

suggested by many??? one or two !!

Why hold in the RRE when it will cost the club money it does not want to waste, we or should I say I have personally tried to hold 2 fans forums in the past 6 months for fans to attend to ask questions on many questions

If you would have taken the time to read my post in the way they have been written, you will find that I have said a number of times that I will orgainse another forum if fans want to attend!

Owtb is only 15% of the Latic fans base and as a demographic it relays information to the club of a high percentage of the younger elements of said fan base.

In the next few days I'm sure you will and other fans hear of a proposed meeting that will take place if fans want it !!

The meeting orgainsed by the club a number of weeks ago was attended by hardly any fans,

What does this tell the club about organising forums ???

suggested by many??? one or two !!

Why hold in the RRE when it will cost the club money it does not want to waste, we or should I say I have personally tried to hold 2 fans forums in the past 6 months for fans to attend to ask questions on many questions

If you would have taken the time to read my post in the way they have been written, you will find that I have said a number of times that I will orgainse another forum if fans want to attend!

Owtb is only 15% of the Latic fans base and as a demographic it relays information to the club of a high percentage of the younger elements of said fan base.

In the next few days I'm sure you will and other fans hear of a proposed meeting that will take place if fans want it !!

The meeting orgainsed by the club a number of weeks ago was attended by hardly any fans,

What does this tell the club about organising forums ???

SO whats the plan to get the opinions of the wider fan base... (that all I was working towards before you started laying in)

I would suggest a Rochdale Road end meeting advertise in chron which is free to enter would receive a better response...

Like last time the club could sell beer and food...

Edited by oafc0000

Your last point sounds a little threatening to be honest...

To you it probably does, you do seem not to be able to undertsand most things I and others say...

How was it or can it be deemed to be a threat, you annoy me.... many things annoy me, drivers who stop at round abouts when nothing is coming, having to pay so much for petrol when it is a wasted tax by the government.... many things

SO whats the plan to get the opinions of the wider fan base... (that all I was working towards before you started laying in)

I would suggest a Rochdale Road end meeting advertise in chron which is free to enter would receive a better response...

Like last time the club could sell beer and food...

when something is orgainsed you and other fans will know, but I'm sure you will be too busy that night

now I'm watching the England game