Barry Owen on Attendances

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we still had a social club there could be meetings ( say every month ) were representatives of the club ie. TTA. the trust, someone involved in marketing etc. got together with the fans ( all invited ) and discussed and put forward all the ideas that have been raised.

I'm sure a venue could be found, everyone needs to pull together....We are supposed to all be fighting the same corner!

The fans don't want to be kept in the dark on everything....LET US IN, WE COULD BE USEFUL!

personally think a hell of a lot of damage has already been achieved richie, by this neglect and plain stupidity.

its very easy to let a customer walk away...its a thousand times harder to convince them to come back.

damage done.

too much too little too late.

you are right mate, its easier to keep a customer than to attract a new one... one of the golden rules of customer service...

The club have made many mistakes yet expect the fans to keep coming back, most of us still do because we know that who ever is running our club and the end of the day it is our club, we are the ones who stand in the terraces for years on end and watch the 16 year olds go from youth to eventual managers.

The club are at a very important cross-road at present, I just hope the lights are on and the right road is taken for us to follow!!!!

If we still had a social club there could be meetings ( say every month ) were representatives of the club ie. TTA. the trust, someone involved in marketing etc. got together with the fans ( all invited ) and discussed and put forward all the ideas that have been raised.

I'm sure a venue could be found, everyone needs to pull together....We are supposed to all be fighting the same corner!

The fans don't want to be kept in the dark on everything....LET US IN, WE COULD BE USEFUL!

Any fan is free to come on the 3rd thursday of every month to the trust meeting and speak to someone, no mater what the question or concern is... in my two years on the trust board only 3 fans have every done this !!

we would do social events evey month, but fans dont want that !!! we have tried ... we are putting something together at the moment for Nov

Any fan is free to come on the 3rd thursday of every month to the trust meeting and speak to someone, no mater what the question or concern is... in my two years on the trust board only 3 fans have every done this !!

we would do social events evey month, but fans dont want that !!! we have tried ... we are putting something together at the moment for Nov

Ok right cheers, I suppose this is another example of the apathy that seems to surround the club at the moment.

Everyone just seems to need a massive lift at present.

:petesake:

I can't believe some of the stuff I just read above....

No one is getting personal I do not think. I actually thinking people are biting tounges. It's not personal to ask questions of someone who is meant to be representing them.

If anyone wants a great example of how out of touch and ineffective the trust is just read wardles post above. So do we stick with it or scrap it and put together something which will speak out and fight for the interests of the fans and the future of the club because I think it's dieing and weak animals.

Edited by oafc0000

It is the clubs choice from an operational platform how to market the club, the directors do not orgainise how things are done that is left to the people employed by the club who's remit are to perform those duties.

:shock:

Hang on

:omg: :omg: :omg:

That is far too big a statement on it's own to leave me any energy to spend on Trust-bashing. Either Mr Blitz is about to tell you again that he has never heard of you and don't have a clue, or it's the most worrying comment I've read in this whole thread. Every area of a commercial organisation should be overseen by a board member who is able to tell the board how that part is doing. And every board member is entitled to have their say if they think something isn't right in any part of the organisation. What kind of board stands by and says, "It's none of our business how they do things," about a crucial aspect of how their employees run their company and their assets? Lunacy.

Hang on

That is far too big a statement on it's own to leave me any energy to spend on Trust-bashing. Either Mr Blitz is about to tell you again that he has never heard of you and don't have a clue, or it's the most worrying comment I've read in this whole thread. Every area of a commercial organisation should be overseen by a board member who is able to tell the board how that part is doing. And every board member is entitled to have their say if they think something isn't right in any part of the organisation. What kind of board stands by and says, "It's none of our business how they do things," about a crucial aspect of how their employees run their company and their assets? Lunacy.

it's beggers belief....

Andy, again you take a cheap shot at the trust, were Barry says not to make personal comments he means, personal comments Per se.... for fans to be constructive and and not berate each other when someone has an opinion, not make personal comments about the TTA when they are frustrated with the way that a thread has gone.

Alan Hardy, Ian Hill, Barry Owen, Simon Corney, Simon Blitz, Mike Newton, Danny Gazal are the board of Directors of the club - they decide what isd best with what budget is available.

I have been speaking to the club for the past 18 months along with Barry about Marketing and commercial ideas, the trust have enlisted a number of people to help the club when they have asked or needed help.

It is the clubs choice from an operational platform how to market the club, the directors do not orgainise how things are done that is left to the people employed by the club who's remit are to perform those duties.

There have been many ideas given to the club by many fans ( fans have demonstated both on the Chron site) and Owtb what ideas they have had and that they have contacted the club with them to use.

The club have asked the Trust for help on many occassions and we have always done what we can ! You know very well that this MB is read by the club every day, the comments and concerns by fans are noticed and taken into consideration and actioned when they see fit !

What happens and the dialogue that occurs at the club behind closed doors is a matter for the club, it is a business to the owners yet a way of life for many of us !

We must remember, TTA can do what they want to a certain extent, its there business and they want to see it succeed.

You say the the Trust have never made Public concerns, you are right, we have tried to keep the relationship with the club professional and constructive and not wash dirty linen in public.

The trusrt have no operational remit of the club, where we have thought improvements can be made we have spoken through Barry and expressed these opinions.

The trust would only make public concerns that would effect the long term survival of Oldham Athletic, things that happen day to day are actioned and dealt with, with the best interests of OAFC .

Hang on

I do not know Simon Blitz personally, but he does know who I am, he justt doesnt know who wardlelatic is ..... WL is a account I have in Cyber world, it is not the person I am in the really world !!!!

Your statement above is correct, the Board does have a director who over-seas the day to day operations of the club. Those details are club matters and club business, what is said in the BR at meetings is between the directors !! I do know that comments, objections and feedback are given by Barry at meetings!! How do I know this???

Because I have been invited to the club to discuss certain ideas and details with club officals including Directors and staff!!

You have highlighted again Andy, that you are just out for Trust bashing by your above statement, I just wished you would concentrate some of that energy for postive work and directions were they can be used and help in situations you feel you are able too !

The personal commenst have been expressed against several people at the club and fans on the chronicle website and some on here, that is what Barry referred too !1

You can ask questions all you want, you have been invited to meet and ask those question but No you would rather sit at your keyboard make comments that benefit no-one

I do not know Simon Blitz personally, but he does know who I am, he just doesnt know who wardlelatic is ..... WL is a account I have in Cyber world, it is not the person I am in the really world !!!!

You statement above is correct, the Board does have a director who over-seas the day to day operations of the club. Those details are club matters and club business, what is said in the BR at meetings is between the directors !! I do know that comments, objections and feedback are given by Barry at meetings!! How do I know this???

Because I have been invited to the club to discuss certain ideas and details with club officals including Directors and staff!!

You have highlighted again Andy, that you are just out for Trust bashing by your above statement, I just wished you would concentrate some of that energy for postive work and directions were they can be used and help in situations you feel you are able too !

The personal commenst have been expressed against several people at the club and fans on the chronicle website and some on here, that is what Barry referred too !1

You can ask questions all you want, you have been invited to meet and ask those question but No you would rather sit at your keyboard make comments that benefit no-one

Don't call me out Rich. You have told me before that both Barry and Mr Corney wanted my phone number to ask me to explain comments that I have posted on here, and I told you to pass it on, but you didn't seem keen when it was clear I wasn't frightened. I'll attend a trust meeting if you like, no problem.

Don't call me out Rich. You have told me before that both Barry and Mr Corney wanted my phone number to ask me to explain comments that I have posted on here, and I told you to pass it on, but you didn't seem keen when it was clear I wasn't frightened. I'll attend a trust meeting if you like, no problem.

ah so we are at that level are we... Perfetic

I have passed your details on ... it is up to the persons to contact you,

You are cordially invited to the next Trust meeting

Hang on

That is far too big a statement on it's own to leave me any energy to spend on Trust-bashing. .

Wardle, Andy is making valid points... It feels like your try to discredit those comments by constant stating he is just here to "trust bash"....

It is what Andy does, time and time again, he admits this in many comments within posts !

I have passed your details on ... it is up to the persons to contact you,

You are cordially invited to the next Trust meeting

you gave over his details ?

Sorry but the feels wrong... For the club to go through the trust to get a fans details and for the trust to hand them over is worrying me...

Who you representing the club or the fans??

Thank you. It was about 9 months or so we are talking about, I don't think you passed them on then.

I passed them on to Barry when he asked about them, I dont remember any details about SC asking for your details !

I hope you dont not imply that I lied !!! i can only pass on information to the ones who request it.

Sorry but the feels wrong... For the club to go through the trust to get a fans details and for the trust to hand them over is worrying me...

Andy gave me permission to give his number to Barry Owen as Andy had a concern that Barry thought best to deal direct with him !!

What is the problem with that ?

Andy gave me permission to give his number to Barry Owen as Andy had a concern that Barry thought best to deal direct with him !!

What is the problem with that ?

it was suggested above a request came from the club... Leeslover also clearly feels it was a pressuring move....

I think you know where I am comming from ...

he has issues with the trust... For you to give it a label is only to do his opionon down I feel... It's called critisim... Do you feel the trust should be beyond it ?

It is not I who give it a label, it is andy himself who labels his comments "Trust-bashing"

Critisim is a functional necessity to improve a product when given positively,

The Trust is always open for construction critisim to improve.

On this point Wardle is OK. He contacted me personally regarding statements I made on this board, and in the course of the conversation he told me that Bazza and Mr Corney separately wanted to get my phone number to ask me exactly what I was on about. I said that I was happy for him to pass the details on. I suppose if they really wanted to hear from me they might have PM'ed, which thinking about it makes me wonder in fact why Mr Corney would go via the Trust to try and find someone making accusations against the Trust organisation :mmm: