Barry Owen on Attendances

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me want to do the job more, i know i could, and i have so many ideas!

AAAAARGHHHHHHH!

and I forgot to add, that last season a bunch of mates (6) bought me the match day sponsorship deal for my birthday - meal / drinks / photos with MOM (Chris Taylor) etc etc. Great day out and several £100 notes to the club.

Guess if I ever heard back asking if we wanted to do the same this year??

and I forgot to add, that last season a bunch of mates (6) bought me the match day sponsorship deal for my birthday - meal / drinks / photos with MOM (Chris Taylor) etc etc. Great day out and several £100 notes to the club.

And for the majority of games there is only one of the Boxes open the other sits depressingly empty

On another thread i said i wouldnt say what people were saying about the club regarding inviting them to sponsor again, but with what you have wrote there it kinda runs along those lines!

LL Anally raping nuns would make it more of an event, rather than a chore to watch the game!

Same here, last season for my sons birthday i paid to go in the sponsors suite and have never heard anything since either. Shame because it was a good day.

Its such basic stuff... A couple of years ago I sorted a box at Yorkshire cricket club... I get marketing stuff all the time now

Bought some for an under 21 game held at Ewood some years back and still get sent letters every month advertising their games and Christmas specials.

Did they ever earn more money out of you as a result of these marketing efforts?

It's a genuine question. Junk mail is around 1.5% effective. Email 0.2% effective.

The club do need to market themselves. While mailing lists are part of this it isn't cost effective just to fire out a letter a couple of times a year saying "we exist, come and watch". The target audience needs to be thought about for each and every element of a campaign.

Any appointment of a Marketing Manager should not be a student, an unqualified fan or a cheap effort.

It needs to involve a professional and probably a salary of £40k+ alongside a significant budget to make it work. It needs to be a long term effort too.

Edited by opinions4u

ever get the feeling we are just taken for granted?

its a joke.

the results of all this alienation of its fans and ex regulars will take years to rectify and rebuild.

folk aren't daft-if they feel they something isn't right, they vote with their wallets and feet...and barry's rant is the result of all this neglect.

a huge mess.

ever get the feeling we are just taken for granted?

its a joke.

the results of all this alienation of its fans and ex regulars will take years to rectify and rebuild.

folk aren't daft-if they feel they something isn't right, they vote with their wallets and feet...and barry's rant is the result of all this neglect.

a huge mess.

a

Hold up - is that the same Barry who we are told is at the heart of decision making, influences things on our behalf, is on hand 29 hours a day and has been on the Board for the past 5 years?

a

Hold up - is that the same Barry who we are told is at the heart of decision making, influences things on our behalf, is on hand 29 hours a day and has been on the Board for the past 5 years?

i think you are mixing him up with one of the chuckle brothers...

or am i? :grin:

so does anyone think Barry or a club official will respond to all these ideas and "constructive critcism" in this thread?

But this thread does make a mockery of Barry's "shoot from the hip, your club needs you" article.

its in his own interests to take note of the comments here, as it is also of TTA, alan hardy and everyone else with an influence there.

its a bit rich ranting about things like this. when in fact, it's own house needs sorting out first.

its a mess that been left to happen.

so who's to blame??

so who's to blame??

Well first we dont have the full picture... That is for sure... but..

Operation and success of the club is first and foremost the responsibility of the TTA...

Barry & the trust responsibility was (from what I presumed) to monitor what was going on within the club and whistle blow if there was serious failings.

I dont have enough information to suggest who is to blame or is there anything to cause blame to be laid... but I have questions marks over both at the moment...

It feels and looks broken from the outside... Yet the trust and Barry have not been whistle blowing. Searching questions and worries in the past have actually been shoot down I feel by members of the trust etc. So if it is broken I think the trust havent performed as expected.... I can only presume by the lack of noise from the trust that they think everything is cool.

I just want some bloody transparency and honest talk...

so does anyone think Barry or a club official will respond to all these ideas and "constructive critcism" in this thread?

But this thread does make a mockery of Barry's "shoot from the hip, your club needs you" article.

Hopefully a root and branch review of the service we are offering and how we market the club to our wider public. Then get out their and market the club and be proactive in improving the service we offer.

If they take no notice moan about the public not turning up yet refuse to reach out to them then I think we should consider the nuclear option and ask what on earth TTA are doing and what on earth Barry Owen is doing. Because if they don't take action or note of what has been said then they don't have the best interests of the club at heart.

I have just spoke to Barry

He is away on the IOW at the moment on holiday, mentioned that he has read all the comments and taken a lot on board good and bad (Bad being some personal comments, but accepts that this is all part of the course)

He says that the response he wanted from doing the article he has got in abundance not just in the Chronicle but on here even more.

All the comments mentioned he has taken note of and finds with intrest some of the points made, he hopes that these thoughts will be used in a positive way.

It also seems that the club are FULLY aware of this thread and Barry hopes to send his own reply once he is able to get to a PC with a full internet connection.

He thanks everyone for there comments and suggests and asks that you dont stop making them and continue to come up with sone more great ideas.

He knows that the club should have a sales and commercial team, its been mentioned within the club but now feels that TTA will take on board the probelms the fans are mentioning change things were and when they can.

He asks that if fans want to meet and go over there concerns he is more that willing to make this happen.

He asks that all fans support were possbile the current incentives the club have in place, The Lotto, future family days, Super 7's and if anyone has any particular problems then feel free to contact either himself or me via PM or email.

I think I have mentioned everything that he spoke to me about, he asks only that people still keep coming up with the good ideas mentioned and be constructive when possible and not make comments personal.

I think I have mentioned everything that he spoke to me about, he asks only that people still keep coming up with the good ideas mentioned and be constructive when possible and not make comments personal.

Beg pardon Rich, but it has been pointed out that there have been countless threads with all these suggestions and complaints on here already. If it's being personal to point out that Barry and the Trust have never made any concerns public whilst they (perhaps) think something is badly wrong, then our part ownership is a farce, isn't it? And the head of that farce is open to be criticised.

Beg pardon Rich, but it has been pointed out that there have been countless threads with all these suggestions and complaints on here already. If it's being personal to point out that Barry and the Trust have never made any concerns public whilst they (perhaps) think something is badly wrong, then our part ownership is a farce, isn't it? And the head of that farce is open to be criticised.

Andy, again you take a cheap shot at the trust, were Barry says not to make personal comments he means, personal comments Per se.... for fans to be constructive and and not berate each other when someone has an opinion, not make personal comments about the TTA when they are frustrated with the way that a thread has gone.

Alan Hardy, Ian Hill, Barry Owen, Simon Corney, Simon Blitz, Mike Newton, Danny Gazal are the board of Directors of the club - they decide what isd best with what budget is available.

I have been speaking to the club for the past 18 months along with Barry about Marketing and commercial ideas, the trust have enlisted a number of people to help the club when they have asked or needed help.

It is the clubs choice from an operational platform how to market the club, the directors do not orgainise how things are done that is left to the people employed by the club who's remit are to perform those duties.

There have been many ideas given to the club by many fans ( fans have demonstated both on the Chron site) and Owtb what ideas they have had and that they have contacted the club with them to use.

The club have asked the Trust for help on many occassions and we have always done what we can ! You know very well that this MB is read by the club every day, the comments and concerns by fans are noticed and taken into consideration and actioned when they see fit !

What happens and the dialogue that occurs at the club behind closed doors is a matter for the club, it is a business to the owners yet a way of life for many of us !

We must remember, TTA can do what they want to a certain extent, its there business and they want to see it succeed.

You say the the Trust have never made Public concerns, you are right, we have tried to keep the relationship with the club professional and constructive and not wash dirty linen in public.

The trusrt have no operational remit of the club, where we have thought improvements can be made we have spoken through Barry and expressed these opinions.

The trust would only make public concerns that would effect the long term survival of Oldham Athletic, things that happen day to day are actioned and dealt with, with the best interests of OAFC .