Challenge to the Trust

As there's 10-15 of you at least on the board, would you be willing to distribute yourselves around the turnstiles at a forthcoming home game with a short-questionnaire for fans attending that match.

Are you for Failsworth? Why

Are you against Failsworth? Why Not?

And perhaps a question or two on said fans attending habits.

Analyse the data, present it to the club. For the sake of an hour's work the club would gain a far batter picture of just how the attending fanbase feels about the move and possibly why so many people's friends and family are no longer attending.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As there's 10-15 of you at least on the board, would you be willing to distribute yourselves around the turnstiles at a forthcoming home game with a short-questionnaire for fans attending that match.

Analyse the data, present it to the club. For the sake of an hour's work the club would gain a far batter picture of just how the attending fanbase feels about the move and possibly why so many people's friends and family are no longer attending.

Just a thought

Have many people that are anti Failsworth actually go to games NOW therefore gate count would not reflect a true picture

Not a bad idea. From the experience of a similar thing we did in the Lookers Stand (asking people which stand they'd prefer to move to) it needs to be quick and simple so as to avoid bottlenecks at turnstiles (we might not have many people turning up, but they do all seem to turn up at once).

Perhaps just the Failsworth question and why, plus a more detailed written questionnaire to hand out to those who are interested (would need co-operation with the club to collect - ideally hand in at the ticket office and/or FREEPOST back to the club).

Be prepared for alot of apathy, and if you dare to delay anyone's route from turnstile to meat pie, no small amount of abuse. :wink:

Definitely something that should be led by the Trust, with an open meeting to discuss the results and agree any measures, demands, suggestions to be presented to the board.

But are people going to want to spend time, have pens..to give reasons?

If they take them home how many will put a stamp on and post back?

If there is to be a survey then this wouldn't give anything like a true picture.

But are people going to want to spend time, have pens..to give reasons?

If they take them home how many will put a stamp on and post back?

If there is to be a survey then this wouldn't give anything like a true picture.

The Trust directorate have a clip board, ask the questions (5 at most) tick boxes - canvassee has the option to give name and address - painless, 30 seconds to a minute tops...simples :wink:

The Trust directorate have a clip board, ask the questions (5 at most) tick boxes - canvassee has the option to give name and address - painless, 30 seconds to a minute tops...simples :wink:

As a follow up the Trust could send out a more detailed questionnaire by accessing the fans database at BP - The ticket office has everyone who buys a ticket names and address' on record. They club has this resource, maybe they should be forced to use it rather than just using it for new years draw tickets they send out every year.

I agree in principle that it's simple(s) but it sure wouldn't stack up against objective standards of representativeness. As part of a wider opinion testing plan then it's helpful. But it couldn't be held up as definitive on its own.

Remember consultation is just that. It's not a binding referendum. Decision making remains with the owners.

Of course it does, that's why you present the findings from the turnstiles as the opinions of those that generally make the effort to go to games. Then with the wider fanbase database there will be larger opinion sought particular from those fans lapsed. It will at least allow the fans some sort of voice and therefore invite the TTA to consider the opinions of the fans rather than the current railroading. Whilst also being a useful marketing exercise amongst the lapsed fans why they are not making the effort any more. Two birds with one stone if you like.

Edited by oafcprozac

Just for the record, i have only been Stockport at home this season. Used to sit in the paddock. I welcome the move to failsworth.

Why people want to stay at BP is beyond me.

It's about gauging the opinion of the fans, rather then telling them 'to take it or leave it'. This move should not be beyond question, people don't necessarily want to stay at BP at all costs but want to know why suddenly Failsworth is the ONLY option available. I think we all know why that is though...

Just for the record, i have only been Stockport at home this season. Used to sit in the paddock. I welcome the move to failsworth.

I have only missed a hand full of home games in 25 years,but i WON'T go to any games in Failsworth.

It's about gauging the opinion of the fans, rather then telling them 'to take it or leave it'. This move should not be beyond question, people don't necessarily want to stay at BP at all costs but want to know why suddenly Failsworth is the ONLY option available. I think we all know why that is though...

fair enough. its a good suggestion prozac.

most fans understand the need to either move to a new stadium or redevelop BP.

the point of all this is the move to failsworth.

can you see that point?

Dont understand wot the problem is with failsworth , you cant be a proper fan if you not willing to go three miles down the road.

moving 3 miles down the road has nothing to do with it.

its a stones throw away from the manchester boundary, its about 2 miles away from cittee and its not, in many peoples eyes, the right location...locality and for the future of the club in regards to gaining "local" support from that area.

so, get off your high horse, oh super fan.

moving 3 miles down the road has nothing to do with it.

its a stones throw away from the manchester boundary, its about 2 miles away from cittee and its not, in many peoples eyes, the right location...locality and for the future of the club in regards to gaining "local" support from that area.

so, get off your high horse, oh super fan.

:

I honestly think that in the long term a move to failsworth will be detrimental to the club. Oh yes to begin with everyone pops down to have a look, but soon the novelty will wear off with the fairweather fans and we're left with the diehards.

Can people not understand that it's the LOCATION that many have a problem with, not some kind of blind desire to stay at BP!

Taking the club so far away from our roots and core support is a bad move imo. :mad:

All good points regarding asking questions and gaging public opinions, this in part has already been done but I'm sure over the coming weeks more questions will be asked at the ground on match days.

In regards to Failsworth not being the right place to move, in many fans eyes there isnt a right place to move it is just Boundary Park were we have to stay.

The move to Failsworth was not the only option for the club, as I understand the due process several pieces of land were indentified for a possible site for OAFC,

Bp current, planning restrictions on site mean that the possible continued revenue to the club would be minimised due to the sale for house only creating a single saleable asset and not a revenue stream from commercial projects and facilities.

A n Other site in Oldham, ground work survey showed that there was underground holes from opening mining years ago that would hinder any foundations and the cost to taken to make this land suitable for such constructions that we need to build would be expensive. The site was also near open brick works which made any developmet difficult

A n Other site in Oldham, this area had poor transport links to a from to make planning permision very difficult and unlikely.

The club looked at the British Aerospace site a number of years ago, the cost of the site was a lot more than the cost of the site is today, the proposed and planned transport improvements that the site will have in 2 years along with other factors make this site STAND out above any other.

TTA know that they cant redevelop BP in a way that would make the club secure financially in the time scape that another project would. We all know the club need to start making money 7 days a week, almost 18 hours a day, this new site in Failsworth would allow the club to do this.

City being only 3 miles away is not really a matter, city fans travel from over the NW to go to games, us being 4 miles closer wouldnt change this.

My proposal to the club on behalf of the trust is this,

Reduced ST prices at the new stadium, compensating the cost the 'fan' now would travel to the games, off setted from the increased revenue that would be created from the increased facilities at the new ground, ie, bars, restuarants, gaming areas etc.

Introduction of a 5 AND 10 game ST for ALL FANS OF FOOTBALL, to encourage any other fan who already has a ST to another team, (City, MANURE, FC UNITES, ROCHDALE,etc) to come to games while there team is away.

Family stand were parents can take there kids, cheaper ST for 1 adult 2 kids, 2 adults 3 kids etc.. this area would have childrens play area,bar, another other facilities that would encourage families to arrive at the ground at mid day to spend more time and money at the ground on match days.

What we also need is a fans bar, large tv's - guest ale stands, retro memorabilia stalls, etc so 'the lads' want to get to the ground early doors to get the beers in instead of having a beer at a pub near the ground and spending money outside the club.

All good points regarding asking questions and gaging public opinions, this in part has already been done

When and were? Surely you're not referring to the the so called whitewash that was the fans forum?

No, now is the time for the Trust to work independently from the club and dare I say it your Totalitarian Chairman, by gauging the opinions of their fellow fans. Then present their findings back to Gruppens Fuhrer Owen and the club. As I say expecting fans to come and find you is not good enough - there's enough of you so organise yourselves to get opinions en masse. It can be done painlessly and very easily. I mean Christ, I could get a clipboard and stand outside the Chaddy End for an hour before Saturday's game and get more opinion than has been sought so far.

Edited by oafcprozac

All good points regarding asking questions and gaging public opinions, this in part has already been done

When and were? Surely you're not referring to the the so called whitewash that was the fans forum?

No, now is the time for the Trust to work independently from the club by gauging the opinions of their fellow fans. Then present theior finidings back to the club. As I say expecting fans to come and find you is not good enough - their's enough of you so organise yourselves to get opinions en masse. It can be done painelessly and very easily. I mean Christ, I could get a clipboard and stand outside the Chaddy End for an hour before Saturday's game and get more opinion than has been sought so far.

again, you go straight to the negatives, several members of the trust have been out and canvassed the opinions of several demographics of latic fans, truthfully this hasnt been done a lot at grounds as I have used the Feedback on the move and ideas off OWTB as to me it shows a good split of latics fans. As i know a higher percentage of posters on Owtb I can split there intrests etc.

The fans forum was a white wash becuse hardly any fans turned up !!!!! If you took the failsworth dynamos and empty seats away it was embarressing considering how important the subject being discussed was ! Barry fought tooth and nail to get that forum done for no cover charge, with the club only conceeding on the day to give the money back. If more fans were there, more questions would have been asked and therefore answered

No, now is the time for the Trust to work independently from the club and dare I say it your Totalitarian Chairman, by gauging the opinions of their fellow fans. Then present their findings back to Gruppens Fuhrer Owen and the club. As I say expecting fans to come and find you is not good enough - there's enough of you so organise yourselves to get opinions en masse. It can be done painlessly and very easily. I mean Christ, I could get a clipboard and stand outside the Chaddy End for an hour before Saturday's game and get more opinion than has been sought so far.

I beg your pardon???? you have used very strong idiotic desciptions there Paul, ones I take personally as you imply that my thoughts and wishes do not get met within the Trust !!!!

again, you go straight to the negatives, several members of the trust have been out and canvassed the opinions of several demographics of latic fans, truthfully this hasnt been done a lot at grounds as I have used the Feedback on the move and ideas off OWTB as to me it shows a good split of latics fans. As i know a higher percentage of posters on Owtb I can split there intrests etc.

The fans forum was a white wash becuse hardly any fans turned up !!!!! If you took the failsworth dynamos and empty seats away it was embarressing considering how important the subject being discussed was ! Barry fought tooth and nail to get that forum done for no cover charge, with the club only conceeding on the day to give the money back. If more fans were there, more questions would have been asked and therefore answered

Not negatives, just home truths Rick, you know as well as I do that something as important as discussing a potential ground move should have been held in the Rochdale Road End giving as many as possible a voice, instead they expected people to buy tickets to attend a school hall meeting. (I know the money was quite rightly refunded but people were greatly inconvenienced by having to travel tp BP for a ticket.)

OWTB is a small percentage of fans - that's why you need to canvass at Boundary Park before a game to gain a greater cross-section - as I've already saud this could be built upon further by accessing the data-base and gauging opinion. The data-base has been live since 2005 so there'll be a hell of a lot of names and addresses on there that could be targeted by a dedicated mail-shot to gain wider opinion.

Anyone who questions the club is immediately negative and that's why the Trust is such a self-important lame duck in so many fans eyes. Listen to what people are asking you to do or face increasing apathy.