New Ground Opposition gathering momentum - The games begin...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

80 people out of "10,000 Failsworth homes" is a miniscule amount.

"Councillor Peter Dean said ward councillors needed as much information as possible from local residents to fight what proposals came forward."

That's the point, no proposals have come forward yet on which to consult people. The Club will carry out its consultation process when the proposals for the site have been drafted - the Club said it would take 90 days to draw up draft plans based on its survey of fifteen stadia built in the last five years. After consulting the interested parties, the planning application will be submitted to the Council and the formal consultation process will begin with affected residents and the statutory consultees.

The residents are working themselves up into a lather without having anything to oppose, other than the proposed use of the land, which may be changed to a less desirable use if OAFC pulls out and BAE sell to some other developer.

It just happened to be a PACT meeting opportunity to air their fears. It's sabre rattling at the moment, which is to be expected. The residents need to be patient. If they still want to object when they've seen the draft plans, that's their prerogative. Those (if any) directly affected by the planning application have a right to make representations to the Council on the planning application in due course.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

80 people out of "10,000 Failsworth homes" is a miniscule amount.

"Councillor Peter Dean said ward councillors needed as much information as possible from local residents to fight what proposals came forward."

That's the point, no proposals have come forward yet on which to consult people. The Club will carry out its consultation process when the proposals for the site have been drafted - the Club said it would take 90 days to draw up draft plans based on its survey of stadia built in the last fifteen years. After consulting the interested parties, the planning application will be submitted to the Council and the formal consultation process will begin with affected residents and the statutory consultees.

The residents are working themselves up into a lather without having anything to oppose, other than the proposed use of the land, which may be changed to a less desirable use if OAFC pulls out and BAE sell to some other developer.

It just happened to be a PACT meeting opportunity to air their fears. It's sabre rattling at the moment, which is to be expected. The residents need to be patient. If they still want to object when they've seen the draft plans, that's their prerogative. Those (if any) directly affected by the planning application have a right to make representations to the Council on the planning application in due course.

The main problem I can see is that if Planning permission has not been granted by April next year - we could likely have another new council in Oldham, meaning the whole project could be in jeopardy. Politicians love revenge, we made the Bashforth and buddies look like the buffoons they are - they have long memories...

The main problem I can see is that if Planning permission has not been granted by April next year - we could likely have another new council in Oldham, meaning the whole project could be in jeopardy. Politicians love revenge, we made the Bashforth and buddies look like the buffoons they are - they have long memories...

Those who have a vote in the Oldham elections should use it.

I do, if planning hasn't been passed the Failsworth councillors will campaign on the ground issue - no doubt about it.

I would imagine at that stage the 80 would be much higher...

Generally speaking if 80 people are prepared to gate crash a meeting you tend to find a greater level of annoyance behind them...

Where does the silent majority enter into the equation? :unsure:

We can not measure that...

All I know is that there wont only be 80 people angry about the stadium... 80 people turning up is a reasonable indication that there is a negative ground swell of opinion growing in that area (IMO)...

We can not measure that...

All I know is that there wont only be 80 people angry about the stadium... 80 people turning up is a reasonable indication that there is a negative ground swell of opinion growing in that area (IMO)...

Serious question: How many households are diectly affected by the site for the proposals which have not yet been drawn up?

Serious question: How many households are diectly affected by the site for the proposals which have not yet been drawn up?

Serious answer... I dont know... but I get your point...

You reckon its as low as 80 ? It is going to be a lot higher...

Traffic will be a big concern for a whole host of people as well... and I reckon you will have a few united and city who will more than happy stick the boot in...

I aint defending them, or even saying I agree... You just ignore them at your peril...

If it becomes an election issue we have a problem...

Edited by oafc0000