New Ground Opposition gathering momentum - The games begin...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, from non-football activities, to make the Club viable in the absence of thousands of spectators on match days.

Big assumption there Diego... We shall see... People seem to get arsey when I ask for any sort of detail...which either means they are just totally trusting or have something to hide...

All we know at the moment is we will own the stadium...

Edited by oafc0000

Its not just 23 matches a year... The development will result in increased traffic during all hours... The rest is fair to say ...

Simply not true. Early hours of the morning ? no. Morning generally, hardly noticeable.

But I can see somebody lifting it - " Even on the fans' own messageboard it's accepted that there'll be increased traffic all hours".

I don't see why we can't be precise!

Simply not true. Early hours of the morning ? no. Morning generally, hardly noticeable.

But I can see somebody lifting it - " Even on the fans' own messageboard it's accepted that there'll be increased traffic all hours".

I don't see why we can't be precise!

Fine...

I did not mean "unsociable hours"..

Monday to Friday 8am till 12pm

Saturday 8am till 12pm

Sundays 10am till 11pm

I would say that is a reasonable guess considering the facilities being suggested...

Edited by oafc0000

I was all for the new Ground etc but when I found out of the site and the plans for the stadia I was instantly put off.

For those who visited Charlton last Saturday or who have been to grounds like Luton and Tranmere you have to wonder are the TTA just looking for a quick buck in the sale of land surrounding BP because there’s certainly ample room to redevelop on the existing site compared to the aforementioned clubs.

If something like the sale of Micah Richards came off then the money generated could be ploughed into a new main stand to be built where the broadway stand was and have that as the new main stand with modern facilities etc and TBH if this were the case then the ground IMO would be millions of miles better than the proposed Lego fiasco at failsworth.

The Rocky, chaddy and current main stand would make a good ground with the addition of a new modern main stand, I just cant help but wonder if every possibility or avenue has been explored in obtaining cash for just one big modern stand rather than risk everything for a new stadia that if we are honnest wouldnt be home.

surely every latics fan would be happy to see BP improved and retain our spiritual home.

I am all for taking the club forward but why reinvent the wheel and at what cost do we place on progression?

Big assumption there Diego... We shall see... People seem to get arsey when I ask for any sort of detail...which either means they are just totally trusting or have something to hide...

All we know at the moment is we will own the stadium...

I refer you to the other days thread where it was pretty much established that, in real terms, 'we' wont actually own anything.

Its good to talk...

You should make that your sig....

I was all for the new Ground etc but when I found out of the site and the plans for the stadia I was instantly put off.

For those who visited Charlton last Saturday or who have been to grounds like Luton and Tranmere you have to wonder are the TTA just looking for a quick buck in the sale of land surrounding BP because there’s certainly ample room to redevelop on the existing site compared to the aforementioned clubs.

If something like the sale of Micah Richards came off then the money generated could be ploughed into a new main stand to be built where the broadway stand was and have that as the new main stand with modern facilities etc and TBH if this were the case then the ground IMO would be millions of miles better than the proposed Lego fiasco at failsworth.

The Rocky, chaddy and current main stand would make a good ground with the addition of a new modern main stand, I just cant help but wonder if every possibility or avenue has been explored in obtaining cash for just one big modern stand rather than risk everything for a new stadia that if we are honnest wouldnt be home.

surely every latics fan would be happy to see BP improved and retain our spiritual home.

I am all for taking the club forward but why reinvent the wheel and at what cost do we place on progression?

$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£......................................

The Rocky, chaddy and current main stand would make a good ground with the addition of a new modern main stand

No they wouldn't, it would be one nice new modern stand, one OK one coming up to 20 years old and two total :censored:-holes with no facilities.

Some good points there kyle...

But leeslover has a point as well...

Edited by oafc0000

Some good points there kyle...

But leeslover has a point as well...

The plans for the new ground/stadium are awful.

Its all concrete and cheap stands with no character about it or uniqueness in anyway whatsoever.

The atmosphere even when full will have lower league cheapness written all over it with drums and balloons and face painting everywhere, That's not football!

If we had a New stand with the facilities at BP this would make our ground more than good enough.

There's nothing wrong with the rocky or the chaddy that a few cheap improvements aesthetically wouldn’t drastically improve the feel of the place,

just leaving the main stand that we could put up with especially given the fact its our home.

I cant understand and not through not trying, why we don’t do this and why people cant understand in moving to Failsworth we would loose more than we gain.

Its all concrete and cheap stands with no character about it or uniqueness in anyway whatsoever.

The atmosphere even when full will have lower league cheapness written all over it with drums and balloons and face painting everywhere, That's not football!

If we had a New stand with the facilities at BP this would make our ground more than good enough.

There's nothing wrong with the rocky or the chaddy that a few cheap improvements aesthetically wouldn’t drastically improve the feel of the place,

just leaving the main stand that we could put up with especially given the fact its our home.

I cant understand and not through not trying, why we don’t do this and why people cant understand in moving to Failsworth we would loose more than we gain.

Have you seen something what we havent kyle?

As unless I have missed something, the club have not published any concrete plans yet, just a vague worded description of what is to be expected.

What the hell plans are these?

I thought all we have had so far are that it is likely to be 12,000 capacity and they aim for it to maybe look a bit different.

It's easy to understand why we don't do the BP project above: We don't have the money.

Have you seen something what we havent kyle?

As unless I have missed something, the club have not published any concrete plans yet, just a vague worded description of what is to be expected.

Or, indeed, brick ones...

:getmecoat:

I'm assuming Kyle is assuming, based on ... er ... every single new ground built.

What the hell plans are these?

I thought all we have had so far are that it is likely to be 12,000 capacity and they aim for it to maybe look a bit different.

It's easy to understand why we don't do the BP project above: We don't have the money.

DOH :wink: Its the same people who built colchesters ground!

colchester_north_stand.jpg

colchester_south_stand.jpg

colchester_west_stand.jpg

If sitting in stands like this is whats important to football fans these days then its a sad state of affairs.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

DOH :wink: Its the same people who built colchesters ground!

If sitting in stands like this is whats important to football fans these days then its a sad state of affairs.

They said they will "look" at building something unique...why the worry Kyle... <_<

Until I see the actual plans I do share your fear...

Edited by oafc0000

I challenge you to say that you have seen actual plans and/or designs for the new ground.

They said they will "look" at building something unique...why the worry Kyle... <_<

Until I see the actual plans I do share your fear...

If they build something unique, it may be great, it may end up an eyesore. We'd have to wait and see how that turns out.

If they build Colchester all over again, I'd not be too happy. I left there and Shrewsbury thinking similar things to what Kyle put in his post.

But:

(i) There is no point in jumping the gun before the plans come out.

(ii) There is :censored: all we can do about it as we don't own the football club.

I challenge you to say that you have seen actual plans and/or designs for the new ground.

I haven’t seen OUR drawings, But I challenge you to believe the concept that the TTA are going to employ the same firm that built the ground above but pay to make extravagant changes to plans and drawings and pay more for the stands to look drastically different? :unsure:

I haven’t seen OUR drawings, But I challenge you to believe the concept that the TTA are going to employ the same firm that built the ground above but pay to make extravagant changes to plans and drawings and pay more for the stands to look drastically different? :unsure:

Right, so you were talking from a point of knowing not a jot about what's being drawn up.

This is a discussion that's been had before. TTA, and Alan Hardy, have said that the Coolchester and Shrewsbury references were about the community involvement perspective. Believe it or not, architects (not builders as you said) can work to the brief given them. What this firm has is experience of lots of the issues surrounding the requirements of football ground design. Those can be interpreted into a structure as per clients' instructions.

Why not wait until there's some reality?

Right, so you were talking from a point of knowing not a jot about what's being drawn up.

This is a discussion that's been had before. TTA, and Alan Hardy, have said that the Coolchester and Shrewsbury references were about the community involvement perspective. Believe it or not, architects (not builders as you said) can work to the brief given them. What this firm has is experience of lots of the issues surrounding the requirements of football ground design. Those can be interpreted into a structure as per clients' instructions.

Why not wait until there's some reality?

So What your saying in effect, is that my logic in that with us using the same company who have built football stadia before that all look the same and are similar in size, of which I then Interpret from that, that our ground will be similar in looks, is way off the mark in your opinion?

You believe your theory is more probable in which you believe that Alan Hardy and the TTA are going to commission the building of a revolutionary stadia unique in its design for our 3rd division club using the same lego stadium contractors?

Yeah Pete I am obviously delusional in my ways of thinking and you have me beat. :lol:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

So What your saying in effect, is that my logic in that with us using the same company who have built football stadia before that all look the same and are similar in size, of which I then Interpret from that, that our ground will be similar in looks, is way off the mark in your opinion?

You believe your theory is more probable in which you believe that Alan Hardy and the TTA are going to commission the building of a revolutionary stadia unique in its design for our 3rd division club using the same lego stadium contractors?

Yeah Pete I am obviously delusional in my ways of thinking and you have me beat. :lol:

Didn't say anything like that.

You said the plans for our ground were crap. Then you admitted you hadn't seen any anyway.

And I didn't say anything about "revolutionary stadia unique". Stick to what's written.

And read up about the difference between builders/contractors and architects.

We both want a good new ground. The difference is I believe I can't say if it is or it isn't until there's a real design in front of me.

Edited by LaticsPete